Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi everyone im day 6 of milk diet (challenging) ive got a wedding to go to today the food side i can deal with but toasting the happy couple with juice is going to be so hard would it really do harm to have a couple of glasses of wine?????? Being banded on 6th

I have never heard of the milk diet...........if it is something that your dr has asked of you then why would you not follow it.

I never heard of a milk diet either..... I was told no dairy at all by my doctor.

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

And if I'm remembering correctly, on the DVD I got from my doctor it said a glass of wine once in awhile after banded was ok but they didn't know how beer and hard liquor affected the band. I'm not sure how having wine would affect your milk diet though...... Sorry. Hopefully there's someone else on here that has heard of that

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk

I am a wine drinker myself, however, a couple of glasses of wine when you've had nothing in your stomach but liquids could spell big trouble. At the very most I might take a couple of sips only for toasting purposes. A better option would be to toast with sparkling Water, surely they'll have something there for the non-drinkers.

And what is this milk diet? This is a new term on here and lots of us are curious!

Thank you sparkling Water it is then. The pre op milk diet is 4 pints of milk 2litres of clear Fluid and one bovril drink a day no food im on this one week before surgery,its amaxing how surgeons differ aparently its to shrink the liver to make insertion of the band easier

In this case I'm glad they differ -- I hate milk!! But thank you for clarifying!

Just FYI, once you're back on solid foods you should be able to enjoy wine again. I know a lot of doctors discourage alcohol consumption because it is empty calories and full of carbs, but I just count my wine in my allotment of calories and carbohydrates and have been successful with my weight loss.

sparling Water is carbonation and isn't good for the band have a glass of wine and enjoy.....line dancer

sparling Water is carbonation and isn't good for the band have a glass of wine and enjoy.....line dancer

She hasn't been banded yet. But she is I only on a liquid diet, no food at all.

My take is..... If you bend the rules on the pre op diet.... Then you are setting yourself up to fail after you are banded. It's just my humble opinion but if you are in the mindset of doing whatever it takes to be successful.... I would skip the wine for now.

Have fun at the wedding.... It's possible even tho you will be alcohol free.

Every surgeon is so diff. I don't do any special diet until I go Clear Liquids day before.

When I've heard of The Milk diet in the past it seems to be European. Since your measurements are in liters it sounds like you're not here in the US. I agreed to use seltzer or something like that for the toast. Doctors use different protocol but all of them are trying to force the body to burn fat especially fat in the liver. The body prefers to burn sugar first before Protein and then fat. The issue with drinking wine is that it is all sugar and the the body will take the easy way out and burn sugar.

Could you bring small Crystal Light packets or 1 of those mio containers and make your own sugar free drinks?

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BabySpoons

Sometimes reading the posts here make me wonder if some people just weren't mentally ready for WLS and needed more time with the bariatric team psychiatrist. Complaining about the limited drink/food choices early on... blah..blah...blah. The living to eat mentality really needs to go and be replaced with eating to live. JS
      · 2 replies
      1. Bypass2Freedom

We have to remember that everyone moves at their own pace. For some it may be harder to adjust, people may have other factors at play that feed into the unhealthy relationship with food e.g. eating disorders, trauma. I'd hope those who you are referring to address this outside of this forum, with a professional.

This is a place to feel safe to vent, seek advice, hopefully without judgement.

Compassion goes a long way :)

2. BabySpoons

Seems it would be more compassionate not to perform a WLS on someone until they are mentally ready for it. Unless of course they are on death's door...

• Theweightisover2024🙌💪

Question for anyone, how did you get your mind right before surgery? Like as far as eating better foods and just doing better in general? I'm having a really hard time with this. Any help is appreciated 🙏❤️
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

I had about 6 months between deciding to do surgery and getting scheduled. I came across the book The Pound of Cure by Dr. Matthew Weiner, a bariatric surgeon in Arizona, and started to implement some of the changes he recommended (and lost 13 lbs in the process without ever feeling deprived). The book is very simple, and the focus is on whole, plant based foods, but within reason. It's not an all or nothing approach, or going vegan or something, but focuses on improvement and aiming for getting it right 80-90% of the time. His suggestions are divided into 12 sections that you can tackle over time, perhaps one per month for a year if a person is just trying to improve nutrition and build good habits. They range from things like cutting out artificial sweetener or eating more beans to eating a pound of vegetables per day. I found it really effective pre-surgery and it's an eating style I will be working to get back to as I am further out from surgery and have more capacity. Small changes you can sustain will do the most for building good habits for life.

2. Theweightisover2024🙌💪

That sounds awesome. I'll have to check that out thanks!

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches