Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Throat Infection After Surgery

Hey guys.. Was banded on Wed 31/10/12 and my throat has been killing me since.. My uvula is heaps swollen and throat infected.. Anyone else have this issue? Oh, i'm in heaps of pain too stomach wise :)

Hi, I didn't have any infection but my throat hurt so bad after I woke up and even days after. It was from the tube they put down my throat during surgery. It Really hurt!! Drink something warm. That helped me. Hope you feel better!!

Hi' date=' I didn't have any infection but my throat hurt so bad after I woke up and even days after. It was from the tube they put down my throat during surgery. It Really hurt!! Drink something warm. That helped me. Hope you feel better!![/quote']

Same with me.... From the tube I had a sore throat.

Yep mine was sore too id cough up chunks of bloody looking stuff it gets better.

Gargle Warm Salt Water... but spit it out, don't swallow it! It will ease it. Did a Dr. tell you it was infected or just due to the soreness you think it is? My CRNA told me I would be sore. The pain meds should help this too...

Thanks for your reply guys.. Yeh Dr said it was badly infected.. On antibiotics now.. Hurts like hell.. hopefully will get better soon.. I'll try the salt Water thing.. Thanks again guys

Thanks for your reply guys.. Yeh Dr said it was badly infected.. On antibiotics now.. Hurts like hell.. hopefully will get better soon.. I'll try the salt Water thing.. Thanks again guys

Me too. They even chipped my tooth. 2 yrs ago i had another surgery that they busted my top and bottom lip and scratched down my throat. This time other than the chipped tooth they damaged something in the back of my throat and my burps wouldn't pass my throat.. It took a month to heal

Me too. They even chipped my tooth. 2 yrs ago i had another surgery that they busted my top and bottom lip and scratched down my throat. This time other than the chipped tooth they damaged something in the back of my throat and my burps wouldn't pass my throat.. It took a month to heal

Ouch! And wth!!

I had SO much mucus the first few days...it was crazy and my throat and mouth were sore too!