Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

90 Lost, 3 1/2 Year Banded, 1 Year After Body Lift. Need Reality Check.

Hi All its 3 1/2 years since I have been banded and 1 year since my body lift. And I am really pleased with the results, I never though I would have abs and kind of that " V " that everyone strives for. But I need some help to see if I am just fooling myself and eating too much or If I really OK and should accept myself where I am. Its really frustrating.

My top weight was 330 - 335 in High School. Today I'm 240. i was 245 1 Year ago the morning of my body lift. I am almost 6' 1"

I did get to 233 a few months after my body lift when I was recovering. I have been around around this 240 Mark now for a few years! And don't know what I can do to get to my goal which is moving up now to from 225 to 230! I am still a big guy.

I have been heavy all my life, my dad and mom were big. So the it's in the Family. The only really thin "ADULT" member of my family is a cousin (HE's ADOPTED!) I was always the biggest guy in the class or room etc. So hear I am. Down 90 lbs from my High and 60 since the band. I work out 3 x a week for 3 years now. Yea I have built muscle but want to loose more. I keep looking for an answer and no one seems to have one for me.

My Nutritionist says that my body really likes this weight! At my thinnest was 225 when I was 25, Now I am 55 and 240. so

225 is not realistic!

My Medical Dr says I am fine! Not on any medications, labs are good. He is really happy where I am and what i have done.

My Lap Band DR says I am a success. "Because the band gets you healthy not skinny." Oh THANKS FOR TELLING ME NOW!

My Shrink says! "Live in the Now look where you have come from" Your a big guy and can't change your body type.

My Trainer says do more cardio on my off days

But I still want to loose some more. My Body lift was a year ago today, the Dr said he took off 10 Lbs but not so with the scale.

I was 245 when I had my body lift, so I should be like 235 now but I am hovering around 240. I had gotten down to 233 during the recovery of my body lift. One I got back to the gym it started to up again.

I would love to get some other suggestions too. It is frustrating, I know I am building muscle. My chest is almost a big as when I started ( NO MAN BOOBS THOUGH) but my waist went from a 44 to a 36, My Chest from a 52 to like a 48. My Shirt went from XXL to L but now back to XL Because of weight training my chest is getting bigger. Some guy friends have poked my chest and commented about the muscle so I guess that's good but not what I was really aiming for. (Yea I do kind of have abs now ! Yea I said that before)

So really at a loss as to what to do next. I have tried eating more, eating less. Low Carbs, no carbs, normal carbs?

The scale goes up if I eat too many carbs or go off my plan. A few days back on its down. I have had the tests done on the amount of calories I should eat. They say around 2,000. I actually have My Nutritionist and I agree around 1500 - 1600.

I work out with a trainer 3 x a week, doing mainly strength I really should be doing more cardio on my off days. But I do have bad knees.

Guess I am looking for motivation or something. I never thought I would have a body this good especially at 55, Yea my abs are fairly good but still see that fat guy, Yea when I look at old photos I know I look much much better but still, want to be thinner but not sure if I am willing to starve. And I can't starve and work out! Just can't do it! " I have tried it! " Any suggestions am I kidding myself or just being ungrateful. I guess I just look NORMAL Now. Better than most of my Friends , but am I just being ungrateful and unrealistic.

any suggestions.

Its different for me, I bet I don't get even 1000 calories a day, fact is I forget to eat and have to force myself to do so, but when I finally get hungry it normally before bed time and when I look for something to eat nothing seems appealing, I have gotten into the little 99 cent Lean Quisine meals and the certainly seem to help me eat more like I should. As with plastic surgery I am not to that point yet but I do have a small belly flap and the love handles that have been there since I was around 30 and weighd 170. I just go it day by day. Today I had a small 2cc fill now at 9.7cc in 14cc band with 90 lbs gone!