Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi Krystle, was banded yesterday too! But only allowed Water for 24 hours, then clear fluids for the rest of the day.

How are you feeling? Do you abdominal muscles hurt? I'm really sore!

Teena

My drs orders were just Clear Liquids for first 3 days and even that was difficult, due to swelling. Warm tea was helpful.

Best wishes!

I am verry sore and get sharp pains in port

Ok good this is normal then. I just took another does of codeine to see if it helps. I didn't feel much relief from it last night though.

I was banded yesterday too! They had me on ice chips all yesterday, today and the next week I'm on clear liquids. I haven't had to much pain so I'm greatful for that! My incision is only slightly sore but I only had one incision!

I am verry sore and get sharp pains in port

I'm 2 1/2 wks out and port site is just now not causing discomfort. The swelling would go up & down there all day.

I was banded yesterday too! They had me on ice chips all yesterday, today and the next week I'm on clear liquids. I haven't had to much pain so I'm greatful for that! My incision is only slightly sore but I only had one incision!

Weird how every doctor is so different. I was told Water only, no ice chips. I can't believe you only have one incision - how lucky are you!

Pain Meds don't give me much relief...I can't sit up by myself still...the pain in my stomache is almost unbearable...today is day four. Yesterday I had a Popsicle and I enjoyed it, however after eating it, I had intense pain for about fifteen mins after making it hard to breathe. Still waiting for the uncomfortable pain to subside.

Pain Meds don't give me much relief...I can't sit up by myself still...the pain in my stomache is almost unbearable...today is day four. Yesterday I had a Popsicle and I enjoyed it, however after eating it, I had intense pain for about fifteen mins after making it hard to breathe. Still waiting for the uncomfortable pain to subside.

Oh that doesn't sound good. I've had 2 C-sections prior to this, and I would consider this a breeze compared to then!

I was told clear and full liquids working up to 64 oz a day.. Popcicles' date=' Jello pudding broth diltued juice, Water Protein shakes[/quote']

First 48 hrs dr said worst of swelling. I had hernia repair too. Just try and sip, sip sip. I know first 48hrs only got about 20 oz. of just plain Water. After that got better and better every day. Now after 2 wks I can drink all the 64 oz and then some.

Hang in there!

Hang in there, it will get better! I promise!

I was banded last Friday 10/26/12. Today is my last day of Clear Liquids. Tomorrow i can add ensure, yogurt, and fat free pudding. I am so excited! I am so sick of Gatorade and chicken broth!

Weird how every doctor is so different. I was told Water only' date=' no ice chips. I can't believe you only have one incision - how lucky are you![/quote']

Yeah my surgeon went in thru my belly button so once the glue comes off I won't have a noticeable scar!