Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Iguana Thinks She Is A Princess

http://www.examiner.com/article/for-the-love-of-anastasia

Here you can find the pic and story of my iguana Anastasia. I am an advid advocate for animals. I have rescued three cats, an iguana, a mouse and a hampster. Anastasia is my heart. This is her pic wearing a bow and posing like the princess she is. Just a fun thread. What pets do you own or what pets own you? LOL

post-320139-13813140498953_thumb.jpg

post-320139-138131404997_thumb.jpg

post-320139-13813140500412_thumb.jpg

post-320139-13813140500875_thumb.jpg

I love it!!!

I currently have 3 cats, all rescues. Two literally from outside, one from the shelter.

My kids' father had an iguana. Seriously, I loved her. She was the BEST pet!! She had free roam of our home so she just went wherever she liked. When my daughter was a toddler, I'd put her down for a nap and hear her giggling like crazy. I'd go into her room, there would be the iguana, curled by her head napping by her.

She was even trained to potty on her cage. Sometimes she'd get fiesty and try to climb a curtain and I'd run up "what are you doing? NO!" and she'd puff up at me like a defiant child. I'd say "don't you puff at me, get!" and she'd scurry off. I'd usually end up bribing her by my sharing my banana with her so she'd stop being angry after LOL.

That iguana was the best pet ever!!

Yes she is my baby. I dont let her free roam though. I take her out and she does lay on my bed. She is quite the princess. She makes me laugh. She will lay with one of my cats and the cats are scared of her. She is never agressive. I have handled her from day one. She was very sick when we got her almost paralyzed from metabolic bone disease and I syringe fed her Gerber baby food every day for 7 months til she could eat on her own. They are very smart animals unlike people think. My own petting zoo lol

WOW! I LOVE iguana's! I especially love the forth picture of the Princess. I've heard of people, like Paris Hilton, taking their pups in their purses but this, I never imagined! LOL!

after64.bmp

My 2 bearded dragons are awesome.... They act like 1 puppy dogs!!!

post-327787-13813140565389_thumb.jpg

JennyBee...

I opened your post, expecting (hoping) to see a picture of two iquana's! I saw a picture of a beautiful woman, no damn iguana's! Until....I had a DUH moment (I have lots of those) and clicked on your picture. Suddenly there was a BIG picture of a beautiful woman, but with two awesome iguana's attached to her! :o They're so cool! I always wanted an iguana. The stuffed animal iguana I got while in Aruba that sits on my TV just doesn't cut it, you know? ;)

Don't your babies want to run away when you go outside? Do you have other pets as well?

Thanks so much for posting your beautiful picture, albeit small at first. :D

JennyBee...

I opened your post' date=' expecting (hoping) to see a picture of two iquana's! I saw a picture of a beautiful woman, no damn iguana's! Until....I had a DUH moment (I have lots of those) and clicked on your picture. Suddenly there was a BIG picture of a beautiful woman, but with two awesome iguana's attached to her! :o They're so cool! I always wanted an iguana. The stuffed animal iguana I got while in Aruba that sits on my TV just doesn't cut it, you know? ;)

Don't your babies want to run away when you go outside? Do you have other pets as well?

Thanks so much for posting your beautiful picture, albeit small at first. :D[/quote']

You PKB....

You PKB....

oops,... I hit send too soon!!

PKB, you are too sweet! Thank you for all the compliments!

Actually, my 2 little lizards attatched to me are bearded dragons. They are super sweet! My hubby is a reptile junky... And after 13 yrs of marriage they have grown on me:)

We also have a big green iguana named Jade and a tortoise named James. We also have 2 pugs! Can u tell we loooove animals?

Maybe one day u will get a real iguana? They thrive here in Florida where it's nice and warm, although a cold snap 3 yrs ago wiped out hundreds of them.... It was really sad. My hubby and I would actually find them almost frozen to death in peoples yards and on roadsides and we would bring them home, put them under heat lamps and blowdryers to try to revive them!

Boy, you have quite the zoo at your house! :D

How does an iguana or bearded dragon or lizard show "sweetness?" I've only worshipped them from afar and think they are cool, but how is one sweet?

That's really sad about hundreds of iguana's freeze to death during cold snaps. Hell, I found a dead bird in my driveway, and I'm going to bury it in the yard I feel so sad.

No iguana's or bearded dragons for me. I live near Buffalo, NY where it is cold a good part of the year. You're so lucky to be in Florida. But as I watch Animal Planet on cable, I notice that you also have alligators, boa's on the loose, and some animal that "shouldn't" be wild in Florida, they resemble Giant Monitor Lizards but are extremely viscious. I LIKE my 25lb dog being safe in MY yard! :P I'll take the snow up here over the various wild reptiles you have down wandering around down there! Nothing against Florida mind you, just an irrational fear of wandering alligators, etc. Me thinks I watch too much Animal Planet!

But your bearded dragons are gorgeous, I wish I could reach out and hold one! How do the pugs and dragons comingle?

Yes, there are definitely gators and snakes roaming, but mostly near the Everglades... Once in a while we hear of a gator sighting in a residential neighborhood!

Well our lizards show affection (mostly when they see us coming with their food)lol

They run up to us, allow us to pet them and close their eyes in satisfaction:)

I have a zoo too. We have three cats, iguana, two snakes, a hampster and a mouse and four fish tanks but my iggy is my favorite of all. She lays with the cats when I put her on my bed. Just as sweet as she can be. I took her to the vet the other day because we are having a cold snap and she wasnt eating but the vet said she is the most well taken care of iguana she has ever seen. She is about 3 times smaller then she should be for her age because she had a Calcium deficiency that stunted her growth so she probably will never be big like some get. We dont let her roam in the house but I do put her on her dog pillow on my bed sometimes just for her to get a change. Iguanas are quite nice pets if you tame them. Mine has never tried to bite me or tail whip me however my baby cat did get the wrath of her tail one night when she was just sniffing her. LOL they are fun for sure.