Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Today Is My Birthday And Halloween After Being Banded 2 Weeks Ago...

I was banded back on October 19th so I am 12 days from surgery. Today is my birthday along with Halloween. So, hard to be on a controlled non-regular diet for this celebration! It is tradition for us to go out to eat for our birthdays so it is so hard to pick a restaraunt that has take out (since its trick or treat night) and accomodates a "soft diet." By reading many posts and threads on this website, I can definitely consider myself lucky to be 12 days out from surgery and already on the "soft diet" though. I needed to posts on here just how hard it is during times of celebration because some people around me do not truely understand the stuggles we have being "banded." I will definitely Celebrate with something like some ice cream but not to the point where I make myself "too full" and sick. :)

Happy Halloween Everyone!! and good luck with the stuggles that are brought on by this candy holiday!! :)

Soup is a good choice for eating out. And for the sweet desert try Yasso's frozen greek yogurt bars, Rasberry, strawberry & Blueberry. Pretty yummy!

Happy Birthday!!!

I agree, a nice bowl of yummy Soup. And if I may suggest.... If you like Key Lime pie, Oikos greek Key Lime Traditional Yogurt is like eating the middle out of a keylime pie! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

Happy Birthday!

My birthday is Saturday but I am going to miss this one, that is the gift I am giving to me. next yr I will go out to dinner and have a treat. You have given yourself a gift and a treat with the band. line dancer

My birthday is Saturday but I am going to miss this one' date=' that is the gift I am giving to me. next yr I will go out to dinner and have a treat. You have given yourself a gift and a treat with the band. line dancer[/quote']

Happy early Birthday!

Give yourself a gift of a manicure and/or pedicure. It doesn't have to be food :)

Thanks for the wishes and the advice :)

Happy birthday! If it were I, I would have a nice hearty potato Soup, and treat myself to either ice cream or pudding cup!

You can enjoy yourself without the mandatory eating, tho'. I gave out treats the day after my surgery 3 years ago. Then 1/2 way thru the evening, I put a sign out to help themselves as I just had surgery! Good luck enjoy!