Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Bummed.... Gaining Weight Back. From 340 To 285. Now 310 :(

that is so frustrating I know and so easy to do. I am new to all this and was doing well till last week gained 3 lbs I know that's not much but I am eating less then 1,000 cal a day and I gained how csn that be. I am calling for another fill.You keep going get your fills and stay in touch so we can help you. line dancing

You just have to keep on fighting. Giving up won't work. You can do this. I don't know what to say about self control and gaining your weight back. You are the only one that can control that. I went 6 weeks once without losing an ounce... I didn't give up. I can't, I won't allow myself to go back to my old eating habits. You can make this work but you really have to want too. I'm sure you want it to work, but you have to want to make it work.

I know, deep in my heart I will NEVER.... NEVER go back to my old eating habits. I may have a bad day here or there, but it is a day... I'm going to take that back. I have bad moments. Like yesterday with some Halloween candy.... I didn't let the whole day go to heck because of it. I ate healthy aside from those Reese Cups and I exercised. Just cuz I indulged a little I didn't let the whole day be a loss. I don't believe in complete deprivation. I don't beat myself up and I keep doing what I'm supposed to be doing. Honestly, I know I will never go back to eating like I used to. I will always eat the way I am now. It just seems normal to me.

I wish you luck... It's hard at times but it is doable!

You have to understand that when you fall back to your old ways that you will gain weight. We all LOVE food. We all are addicts. You have to grab this by the horns and never look back. I keep a picture of me at all times that I can relate to if I am having a moment. When I was at my highest weight. It keeps me from ever wanting sweets or junk food. I don't eat it, don't want it. I can not trust myself to have one piece of candy or I will eat it all. I am not giving out Halloween candy just for that reason. Why torture myself over that. I will go to the mall while its going on. I know that sugar is my down fall and can never it it again. People think I deprive myself but for me it's not depriving its what I have to do to keep it under control. I could very well eat what every I want but I don't because I personally know myself and do not want to go back to my evil ways. You have to want this and want it bad. Pick yourself off, dust yourself off and get back on the wagon.

TKW, Cheryl you guys rock!!

Eyecandy, listen to them! Look at yourself in the mirror and ask "Do I want this?" I know you do, brush yourself off, call your doctor and get back on the bandwagon. Keep checking in here, we will help and support you every step of the way.

You can do this!

Oh and my spelling was incorrect lol for those who have issues with spelling lmao

I would urge you to go back to the "basics". Measure your food and do not exceed 1 cup per meal, limit your intake of calories to <1200 per day, eat 60+ grams of Protein per day, drink Water and get exercise (even if you can only walk short distances).

Do not give up!! You and your health deserve this and YOU CAN DO IT!!!!

Follow up with your doctor too. It holds you accountable and if you are in need of a fill could also help you to get more support from the band.

I would urge you to plan out your meals too. I was talking to my nutritionist yesterday and asked her what they feel about snacking between meals (as different doctors have different approaches). She said it is absolutely FINE as long as it is planned. In other words, don't just go grab or graze on something plan ahead that you will have a piece of fruit or boiled egg or other Protein for a snack. It helps us from grazing and choosing unhealthy items. I agree with that thought. I would urge you to plan your meals for the day so you can keep track of what your intake is.

If you have junk food in the house - GET RID OF IT. (That was a strong urgence, not yelling at you :) ). If it isn't there, you cannot eat it.

Today is a new day. Don't beat yourself up for gaining. Figure out what you need to do from today forward and get right back on the "band" wagon.

Best of luck to you and YES, YOU CAN!

I have been going back and fourth with 2-3 lbs it get frustrating

The weight really does come back faster then it goes off. I just had revision surgery because of a leak in my port cord and when I lost restriction I gained back all the weight I had lost plus some. It's discouraging. Don't give up though. It's a daily struggle but we all can do it.