Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NC's April Chat

Angie...that was a tame response.

Wavy...pierced from lbt is sending me one that might work. I did look at torrid today...there is sad pickings now. They do have clearance going on...wish I had of bought some cute shirts. But Karah was driving me nuts....other customers were paying her to crawl under the dressing room door to unlock it for them when they let it close accidently. I had to get her out of there, she was up to a 1.50! So embarrising.:P

Okay...writing things down that I eat, I'm loosing weight again. I think I should call and cancel the fill...as I got stuck today at the mall on a burrito with tofu? And looking at my food log...I'm eating an awful lot of soft foods. I only ate actual meat like 3 times this week, and one of those was fish...so not sure that counts. What do you think ladies? Do I have soft food syndrome. I ate a scrambled egg for Breakfast on saturday with now promblem and some shrimp last night. I got stuck today on a burrito with rice and tofu at the mall. Maybe I was just eating too fast? Give me a dose of honesty....this is what I ate on friday all day....too much soft foods right?

Breakfast coffee w/coffee mate Creamer

20 minutes later bryers light yogurt total 130 calories, 8 grams protien

snack yogurt...yoplait light and 3 slices of cheese 240 calories, 12 grams protien

Lunch: 1/2 block of tofu stir fried with light sauce 200 calories, 18 protien

snack: mcdonalds ice cream cone (they were out of parfaits) 150 calories, 4 protien

dinner 1/2 block of tofu stir fried 200 calories, 18 protien

30 minutes later coffee with coffee mate 30 calories 0 protien.

total 940 calories, 60 grams of protien

Melissa I personally thinks it's that you are eating to fast. I find when I am not eating w/ my family I get stuck alot!!!! I am getting better. But this weekend was rough on me. We were out of town w/ the in-laws and Saturday was the pits for me eating until dinner when I got some refried Beans. :eekB: For me when I eat out if I am not w/ fellow bandsters I tend to eat to fast. It's a habit I have to break. I have gotten sick twice at lunch since working w/ the Dr. Good Luck girl... I tried tofu this weekend and for me it YUCKKY....maybe it was the way they had it cooked.

We went to the mountains this weekend. We had a great time...even if it was with the in-laws. I had to stay in the same SMALL room w/ them. My MIL is a different type person so I wasn't sure how it would turn out..Not bad. We are going to take Curtis back and ride the train to Byrson City, he just loves trains so we will stay my w/ SIL and make a day of it.

How is everyone else? Wavy I just can't wait to meet you. You crack me up.

Hope everyone is going great....

Melissa if you are losing wieght on that menu and you are satisfied on less than 1000 calories don't get the fill. Here's a test. Follow a menu for one day with chicken breast (2-4 ounces) with whatever at lunch and 4 or so ounces of fish at dinner with whatever...FitDay it, see how you do. If you are hungry and don't PB, consider a fill.

I think your menu looks great, and you should probably add in another 200 calories of fruit. You'll be golden, girl. Hold off on the fill. Too tight is a terrible way to live! Do the head work! Yay!

I'll try the eating more solid food tomorrow and see how it goes. I have trouble eating period at work...thats why I usually go for yogurt there. If I get busy and eat too fast yogurt doesn't cause problems.

Kathy - it's be a year...how are you feeling? Glad you did it? Have you scheduled your endoscopy? Dr. V says all his patients must have one between 12 and 18 months. I am just looking out for you girl....

Sorry I missed your one year date....but I have been so busy!!!

If I get busy and eat too fast yogurt doesn't cause problems.

Right. Vinesqueen and I had a discussion and came up with some terminology. Soft Foods Syndrome is eating soft foods all the time so you can shovel more in. You are NOT making good use of your band doing this. Soft Foods Technique is eating yogurt at work so you don't cause problems when you get busy. Plus, yogurt is a perfectly respecatable band-friendly healthy food choice. Youknow what you are eating and why. If you think you might be using the Syndrome and not the technique, change your food choices before you try a fill.

Hey Kim! You are excused on missing the 1-year. I did a thread, but I'll be updating with a recent pic if I can find a good one from this weekend's "outing" to Virginia for a cousin's wedding. I hope there's a good'un in the batch!

No regrets, not a one! Wish I had lost more by now, but I'm good. No endo scheduled yet. My next fill will be under flouro, and I'll go from there. I'll go to MX for the endo. Just need to get there. I'd like to have that done by 18 months, which will be in October. Oy vey. That needs to go on my list of things to do NOW! or I'll put it off. Especially if I continue to go symptoms-free. I know that's no guarantee...I'll be a good bandster, I promise!

Hey, Kim, who does Dr V refer tummy tucks to? I need a PS who knows what to do with my port and knows bands. Any leads? 15 more pounds and I'm looking into it! My list is growing. Here's what I need money for

new transmission for my van OR

new(used) van

Tummy Tuck

endoscope

fill under flouro

braces for my teeth/invisiline?

vein treatments for my legs

pay off Band.

Anyone got extra cash laying around? I think I need a job! haha!

Kathy congrats on your year bandiversy...didn't catch it either...we are slacker band buddies! That's great that you are almost ready for your Tummy Tuck. I really think my "apron" is the reason my pant size hasn't went down much. Its very annoying. I keep trying to visualize what size I'd be at goal and I have NO clue! LOL What size does someone 5'6'' 145 lbs wear?

I'm not eating soft foods so I can eat more...I'm sure. When I go out to eat I usually attempt to eat something more solid so I get the restriction. I'm taking a turkey tenderloin frozen meal today. Found it in my freezer..hope it's still good LOL.

Wow Kathy, Me of all people should have remembered this. With everything going on it has been like a whirlwind around me and I just feel really bad. You can smack me next time you see me. :) Kathy was one of the first to speak to me on this site and that means I have known you well over a year now! Awesome!!! Keep up the great work and I hope I can get a Tummy Tuck soon too. I so need it.

Melissa, you are a trip. I hope your meal is fine. Hopefully it has kept. lol

Ok, I helped my husband move out today. How weird is that? What the HELL am I thinking! OH well, I am trying to make it amicable so we can be nice around the kids. And I would like for him to move back home one day. So I guess I better be nice. Even though the devil is knocking at my back door to be hateful. Its all I have to be nice right now but I am sure it will get better. ARGH!

Angie

Kathy -

I have soft food syndrome too. I've been favoring the softer foods vs the heartier foods. I guess I need to step it up. I haven't cooked since before surgery, dh cooks for him and princess. I just eat bits of this and that. I still like to graze, which is bad behavior. I have tons of restriction with the RNY because if I over pill the pouch it wil make me feel like i'm having a heart attack and I hate throwing up.

You have been very sucessful with your band. Do you really have to go to Mexico for fills? How is mexico, i've never been there. I see your birthday is May 9th, mine is on the 11th. Woo Hoo. I've always hated my birthday being on mothers day because my mom was so hateful. I turned 30 on mother's day 3 years ago, and they though my mom was going to die that night. I know this is TMI, but it's one of my horrible memories of my birthday and mothers day.

Melissa & Kathy - I think I'll skip the Tummy Tuck, it just looks so painful and a hard recovery on all those shows. However, my muscles in the ab's might be weak so you never now. I am down 50lbs, people are commenting all the time now. I give my 'friends' comments a though, but I had one hater at work tell me I was shrinking. Come on now. SHe's been jealous since day 1.

I saw my pcp today I have tendonitis in my right side upper and lower back, down to my foot. Cannot take anything because of the rny.

I'm just glad it's not a herniated disc like I had last year at this time.

I hope everyone stays well. I love this weather. Oh yeah, I feel good.