Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

NC's April Chat

Happy Easter everyone!!! We just got home from the beach. I should be doing laundry but I had to check in with the girls. I missed ya'll. We had a great weekend wonderful weather....relaxing...what more could you ask for? All a WONDERFUL sun rise service on the BEACH!!! We went shopping yesterday..I bought a size 20 pant. 20 what I can't tell you the last time I was in that...so all you skinny girls got any clothes they are ready to depart w/...I am in need. :) I am going to try and get to that consignment store this week. Oh and a 2X top is getting really loose on me. I LOVE IT!!!!!!! Did I say how happy that made me. :clap2:

Ok so how is everyone? Karen I am so sorry yours is actually the only UHC one I have sent in...others to other insurances have already come back. I have it on my list to call this week and see what the hold up is. Sorry!!!

Melissa it's funny that you say your Vit D is low....Dr. V gave me a sheet to get my labs checked. Go figure...so I have been trying to pump up my daily vitiams so he don't put me on anything else. It's hard working for the doc. haha....Take them girl!!! Glad you got the lump checked out and really glad it wasn't anything major. That is always scary.

Kathy, how are you? Are you here?

Dianne where have you been hiding?

Angie I haven't forgot to send you the picture I haven't taken it since we have been running so much. Will do it this week, I promise.

Court...I haven't seen on here in FOREVER...hope everything is ok.

Denika how is your mom? How are you and the rest of your family?

Jennifer how are you doing? The weight loss still getting to you?

I know I am forgetting some people I am sorry I just can't keep up. It's the blonde hair. haha.

Ok that is enough for now...hope everyone is doing great and hope to hear from you soon!!!!

Ok so I guess I am the only one around here....Hope everyone is doing good.

I saw a new low this morning 235.8 - WHAT!!! I can't wait to see what it on Monday morning.

I am sending hugs to Karen....she really needs them!!! :confused: :) :hug: :hug:

Kim - that is great your weight loss is on track. DO you find your new work enviornment more favorable to healthy eating? I know how easy it is to get sucked in, especially when there's so much food around you. Sometimes it affect's my moods. I have to work on that.

I'm doing much better, I'm having alot better days too. I am down a whopping 40 pounds in just under 8 weeks. I've been running to goodwill with the winter things that don't fit. Now, I have many things again. I am looking forward to when the swelling stops so I can wear jeans again.

In strechies I wear a Large from a 1X. In Pants I'm at a 16 misses. I'm greatful don't get me wrong. Now I need a super charged work out to tone, tone , tone. I see some obsessions coming up.

Karen - You are so strong and what ever is meant to be will come to you.

I was amazed I was approved, but you know i Had uncontrolled hypertension. I couldnt' ask for a better recovery. I'm on track now with birthcontrol and moving right alone.

Next month is my birthday, I am a mild bit excited. Usually I loathe it because it's right near mothers day and I don't Celebrate mother's day because of personal gripes with it. I turned 30 on mothers day 3 years ago and the dr's thought my mom was going to die that day. I will never forget it. She wound up dying in September, so she fought and fought until her body gave out. I have found alot of strength recovering from her loss. I dislike childrens birthday parties because my daughter has no living grandparents. I cry sometimes, but I know god wouldn't have taken her if it wasn't her time to come home. Three years later, I'm recovered from most of the emotions I had and recovering from my depression too. WHy am I writing this? Karen is always telling me to open up and use you guy's as a resource. SO, Karen, I'm taking your advice.

I hope everyone has a good week. Anyone do carowinds? We got passes last weekend.

Hi all..I'm alive..

I hope everyone had a great Easter. I sure did. We all had a wonderful weekend.

I'm crazy nuts with the magazine right now.

Had a business meeting at Discovery Place tonight and got to see the Dead Sea Scrolls. If you haven't been, go! I hope to go back with the family. They are there until May 29th.

Karen- How are you doing? I'm praying for you. Enough is enough!! Maybe tomrrow will be the day!

Kim-How are you doing? I have to call you one of these days for lunch!

Melissa, Kathy, Angie, Denika, Jennifer and everyone else hi. Seems like we are a quiet bunch this month.

I had my first fill today. Ran around all day had a lunch meeting and a dinner meeting. Came home and had a can of Soup. I got 1cc. I'm going back in 2 weeks for another fill because we are going away in 3 weeks to Cancun. I'm hoping that I can start to lose weight again. I've been gaining and loosing the same 4 pounds for a few weeks now.

Well have a good night. Lets see how many of us write tomorrow!!

nightnight

On top of being denied on Monday, I failed to mention the new puppy dog, Max, tore a big chunk out of the corner of our couch and we took him back to the animal rescue :confused: Both discoveries were made within an hour of each other. It wasn't a good day!

I'm writing an appeal letter as we speak, and will fax it to them later this morning. I don't know that I'll go as far as getting a lawyer, but I will argue my case.

Jennifer we are here for you....anytime or anything. Wow I can see where you are coming from. It must be hard. I was very lucky to have most of my great-grandparents til I was a senior in HS. I still have 2 grandparents so I can only imagine what it would be like not having them around. I know it's not advice but I am glad to see you open up to us. We are your family now and we aren't going anywhere. Does Chloe need some more Aunts. :) Ok to answer your question about the working at the Dr's office help w/ healthy eating. At first no....but then Dr. V wanted everyone eating the "Bariatric" way. Healthy!!! So our office is now gone healthy and I for one love it. We have lunch brought in a couple of times a week from different reps and stuff and they now have to bring in healthy stuff. Today we had salads from bear rock...YUMMY. So yes I think it is helping because I am always thinking about it.

Dianne - Well I am glad you got your fill...let me just say your insurance company is just crazy. :) When I called in to pre-cert your fill under fluro I had 3 people call me back because they had no idea what I was talking about. Finally got it approved though...Have said how much I am begining to dis-like insurance companies? Ok so yes lets do lunch again. Maybe we can aim for next week and we can get up w/ Karen?

Karen - God is with, he has a plan for you and what is meant to be will be. You of all people know this. So if Dianne and I meet up for lunch want us to come uptown and meet w/ you? It's time to have lunch w/ you!! I miss you!!!

Hope everyones' week is going well and since I have wrote a book I want go on any further.

Have a great night and happy Thursday!!!

Kim-LOL..sorry, but Im glad they got it! I heard you were the handler when Judy called. I'm so glad I have to only wait 2 weeks to have another fill. We go on our vacation on the 13th so it will be perfect timing. I sent Karen an email and talked about lunch also. I could pick you up on my way down. I have no idea when though, I have to hurry and get more advertisers the next 3 weeks. But you know me and lunch I'm sure we'll be able to do it.

I haven't looked at Saturday's plans yet but I won't be able to make it if we are meetin in the AM I have choir practice.

Hope everyone is having a great night.

type at cha tomorrow

Dianne & Kim, yes, we need to do lunch! I park 1/2 mile from the office and would spend half my lunch traveling to and from my car; so if you can come downtown, that would be great. My boss is very flexible though, so I can take an extended lunch if need be to meet you somewhere.

OK Melissa, I see you out there; how are you doing?

Let's say a special prayer for Angie too. I hope we hear from her again soon.

Jennifer, I'm glad you're opening up. Doesn't it feel great to let it all out?

OBTW Dianne, can you bring back souvenirs from Cancun? :)

Where is everyone else? I hope everyone is happy and busy, and just doesn't have time to talk?

Where is Angie? Is she ok?

Souvenirs..no problem, anything special?

Today is a mushie day for me. My GF who had the bypass is back in the hopsital. I spoke with her this morning. That girl NEEDS to get better. She has lost 47 pounds in 7 or 8 weeks. I feel bad for her. I may go visit this afternoon and see how shes doing. If you think of it pls say a little prayer for Amy.

Oh poor thing. Whats going on with her bypass? I'll say a prayer.

jtt... I have carowinds passes! I cant wait till I can ride the Borg coster.

Hello Everyone,

First of all thank you Karen for the little prayer. I so appreciate it. I am going through some really hard times right now and it has been very, very, exhausting, and scary. As you know, my husband and I were having troubles. Well he moved out this week. The counseling isnt going well at all and he decided it would be best for him to leave instead of working on this. 19 years of a life together and he's gone in one day. I am sad, overwhelmed, sick, and quite frankly I do feel a little relief that he is gone. At least we arent fighting all the time like we were.

My weight loss is taking a beating right now. It has been nothing but turmoil since my Grandmother died in November. I can't seem to get back on track and can't really seem to focus on anything right now. Please keep me in your prayers. I can't make it this saturday. Kiddo's have softball and soccer. So maybe another time. Thanks for listening.

Angie

(((hugs))) Angie, may God bless you with healing peace in your heart for you and your hubby. May you come back together stronger than ever. May you hear the words of wisdom needed to heal and help make things right. May your hubby have a soft heart for his wife and family. Please don't give up yet.

Proverbs 15:1

Psalm 111:10

(((hugs))) Karen, as you practice persistence, patience, and God's direction for your band journey. May you have wisdom and perseverence to be faithful.

Psalm 118

Philippians 4:7

Prayers, Dianne, for your GF with GP problems. Here's to complete healing and excellent health.

Jeremiah 29:11

Isaiah 55:8-9

Kim, you have a servant's heart and skills being put to good use in your new job. God bless you!!!

Matthew 5:16

jennifer, ((((hugs)))) girl. You are wonderful and dear, and God is working His plan for your life and that of your family's as we speak. Sit back and enjoy the ride. God is faithful!

Psalm 36:5-10

Thank you Kathy! You've lifted us up; now tell us, how are you doing these days?

Angie,

Bless your heart! I am so sorry to hear that this has happened with your husband, but maybe the time away will make him realize how much he loves, needs, and misses you. I can't imagine how you are feeling with that situation, but I can relate with losing your grandmother. I lost my grandmother in November too, and that was after losing my other grandmother (my Nanny) the February before. So, I started out 2005 with all four of my grandparents, and ended it with only 2. It's very tough, and I know that if were not for God and all of my friends, family, and people that I don't even know praying for me, I would have never made it through those times and this most recent time with my Mama's stuff. Please try your best to put the whole situation is God's hands. I know how hard that is, believe me, but he will help you through it and work it out for your good. It's just hard for us sometimes to remember that he doesn't need our help working out our problems.

Gosh, that sounded a little preachy didn't it?:nervous

Gosh, that sounded a little preachy didn't it?:nervous

Yeah, but...Amen, sista! :amen:

Karen, I'm well...busy, but happy and well. I'm creeping to a new low weight. Now I'm stuck at 183, but it used to be 187, before that 193, 197, 208....you get the pic. Slow and steady wins the race? Good golly Miss Molly I sure hope so. LOL Thanks for asking. I read here in NC regularly. I pray for you all each time it's needed. Sometimes I just don't know what to say. I hope you feel the love, though. :(