Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Road to Onederland Challenge!

Hi everyone,

This challenge was inspired by Jaygerl05 who has just broken through that magical 200 lb mark to arrive in Onederland. Instead of choking on our jealousy, let's join her! There seem to be quite a few of us who are on the verge of reaching this exciting goal, but I need some help and support getting there!

This challenge begins today and ends on Tuesday, May 9th. You can join anytime, but please weigh in at least once a week to give/receive support. The only requirement to join is that it be a realistic goal for you to reach 199.5 between now and May 9th.

Who's with me? :biggrin1:

Here are the participants with their starting weights. I will update progress weekly:

Anwyn: 208

Kimalicious: 209.8

MiaHalliwell: 198 (goal: 190)

Xann77: 222

Jachut: 209

Seppi: 207.5

Tricia: 207

Dianechef: 202.5

Bandayed: 202.5

Start Weight: 206.5

My goal for this challenge is to finally incorporate exercise into my day on a regular basis. I have to wait about a week before my surgeon will clear me for exercise, but then I hope to turn some of this loose skin and flab into Buns of steel!

I AM SOOOOO IN!! I'm been sitting on 202/203 for so long. You'd think I should be able to lose 3 lbs. by May 4th - right?!?!? I am unfilled & need a little kick in the butt. I don't get a fill until April 17th, so I will really need an incentive!! This is perfect!!

I have an idea. As soon as the person hits ONEderland, everyone sends them a box of GS Cookies. (Thin mints to be exact!!!) :hungry: Oh, just kidding!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (I think!) HA!! I'm sure we'd all gain back our weight & MORE if that really happened.

ONEderland - HERE I COME!!!!!!!! :eek: :eek: :(

Thanks for starting this Anne!!

I'm scared to throw my hat into the ring, because every single time I set any sort of challenge for myself I go precisely the other way. But I'll be a silent supporter and try to send good weight-loss vibes to everyone on the cusp. I have 11-and-change pounds to go, and I don't expect I could lose that in a month, but I'm rooting for the rest of you!!

This is great. I am without a fill right now. This challange will help to keep me on track. I will need the extra push because we are going on vacation next weekand I really don't want to blow it

7.5 to onderland.

I have been hovering between 200 and 199, but I have been at 199 for 2 days straight so I think I made it but I would like to still join and maybe maintain or lose a couple more lbs. I have not had my first fill and have very little if no restriction yet.

So, can I join you???? :eek:

Alex, I know what you mean about challenges... for some people they really help, and for others they sabotage. You're welcome to join us at any time!

Seppi, Tricia, and Diane - welcome!!

Mia, of course you can join! We'll get you far enough away from 200 so that one slip up won't put you back over the edge. I don't have a fill either right now, so it would be all too easy for me to gain weight.

Alexandra, can you please make this thread a sticky? Thanks!!

its not a realistic goal for me to meet but the best of luck to those of you who are with in reach. my prayers are with you . maybe if i pray hard enough i could reach 199.5 by may 1st...humm...calculate....i am now 253 and its april 1 so i would have to lose 54 pounds in 30 days...not even i i prayed really hard while on the treadmill could i do it...LOL GOOD LUCK TO YOU ALL !!!

What a great challenge! I'll be a silent cheerleader as well since Monday ends my 3-month challenge, and I'm exactly the same as when I started. I give myself enormous credit for maintaining, but I love this Onderland dream!

Ok, I'm in but I'll have to convert to imperial from metric. Right now I'm 209lb. This is just what I need.

Ok, I'm in!!! It will be a stretch, but I've been hovering around 222 for weeks now and I just got a good fill so I'm ready to go to WORK. Thanks for starting the challenge!!!

I have 15 to go to get to onderland.....so I don't think I can make it in a month...but ya'll are inspiring me!! I want so bad to make it by June...by my surgery date (100 lbs in a year) so I'd better get cracking!!!

I made 198 today. I have to set a goal by may 9th. I will say that my mini goal by may 9th is to hit 190. I am set up for a fill on April 25th I am just waiting to hear from the office tomorrow with a confirmation. I was advanced today to soft foods. Past, rice, canned veggies, exc. I am so excited. Since I have been on mushies my MD's Pa told me that the weight loss is real so I hope that it is gone for good! LOL. I am a little upset with myself though. A month before my surgery I was 196. I could kick myself for gaining the weight back I had lost during the cheerleading season.

Good luck everyone, I know that you can do it!!!!!

I made 198 today. I have to set a goal by may 9th. I will say that my mini goal by may 9th is to hit 190. I am set up for a fill on April 25th I am just waiting to hear from the office tomorrow with a confirmation. I was advanced today to soft foods. Past, rice, canned veggies, exc. I am so excited. Since I have been on mushies my MD's Pa told me that the weight loss is real so I hope that it is gone for good! LOL. I am a little upset with myself though. A month before my surgery I was 196. I could kick myself for gaining the weight back I had lost during the cheerleading season.

Good luck everyone, I know that you can do it!!!!!

Congratulations, Mia!