Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Help!! Everything Gets Stuck But Not Loosing Weight

I was banded 6/19/12. Haven't lost any weight except the pre opt weight. I have just over 8ccs in my 14 cc band and every time I eat it gets stuck!!! It's not only annoying but painful, what am I doing wrong!!! Then on top of everything getting stuck I'm not loosing weight and have gained 6 pounds:(.

I was banded 6/19/12. Haven't lost any weight except the pre opt weight. I have just over 8ccs in my 14 cc band and every time I eat it gets stuck!!! It's not only annoying but painful' date=' what am I doing wrong!!! Then on top of everything getting stuck I'm not loosing weight and have gained 6 pounds:(.[/quote']

Sounds like u r too tight. That will cause u to not lose as then we tend to eat softer foods that are high in calories. Look for information on being in the "red zone" while banded. That happened to me and I gained a pound over a period a 2week period. That was my 1st gain since I was banded last year. I had to get an un-fill.

Have you had a visit with the staff nutritionist? I lost 12 lbs in the first 2 weeks and then nothing for the next 3.5 months. I went in for a 3rd fill and a visit with the dietician/nutritionist. She really helped me. She found a few items that were keeping me from losing weight and I used her suggestions. It really worked. I started losing immediatly. She can also tell if you're too tight or if you aren't following the eating rules?

tmf

I was banded 6/19/12. Haven't lost any weight except the pre opt weight. I have just over 8ccs in my 14 cc band and every time I eat it gets stuck!!! It's not only annoying but painful' date=' what am I doing wrong!!! Then on top of everything getting stuck I'm not loosing weight and have gained 6 pounds:(.[/quote']

I had to get 1cc taken out today I had the same problem I just had surgery 3 weeks ago and he put 3cc in my band during surgery and about 4 to 6 days ago I started to feel very uncomfortable and goods not wanting to go down , well after unfill today I feel 100 times better good luck

I was banded 6/19/12. Haven't lost any weight except the pre opt weight. I have just over 8ccs in my 14 cc band and every time I eat it gets stuck!!! It's not only annoying but painful, what am I doing wrong!!! Then on top of everything getting stuck I'm not loosing weight and have gained 6 pounds:(.

Are you exercising? If you don't like exercising ...just trying riding a stationary bike and watch TV or read a book.....I've done it only 7 days post op and have lost 9lbs since surgery. Also....are you taking your Protein? What is your caloric intake?

sounds like your too tight. Keeping it tight does not help loose weight. It does the opposite or stalls you. You should not be getting stuck at each meal.

wendy

You MAY be too tight but I can think of other things that could be causing this. Are you eating too fast? Are you taking small bites? Using a little cocktail fork can help. Are you chew, chew, chewing everything super well? Are you drinking Fluid with your food? Are you eating foods that are known to lump together -- like bread, macroni and cheese? All of those things can cause your food to get stuck. If you then throw it up to deal with the pain -- your esophagus will swell and it will be hard to get anything down. You have to be on fluids for the rest of the day before trying solids again. Some solids can be hard to get down. Some people find that chicken (espeically white meat) are too dry and dense to eat. You may need a sauce with that. The band tends not to do well with the pizza, crackers, chips, potatoes ect. They can get stuck easily. These are highly processed starches. The band is designed to keep you away from them.

It's also true that you could be too tight and that you are eating slider foods and shakes/liquids. Are you drinking carbonated beverages? That isn't good. There are several good books on Amazon about proper eating and care of your band. I recommed one.

I was in the hospital 2 weeks ago and my band was evaluated. I have had it for 4.5 yrs. They MD and techs said my band was in great shape and they all began to tell me horror stories about the amount of lapband troubles they have seen. They see a lot of slips and errosions and most of the time (not all) it is because people go on eating the same way they did before they got the band. I'm not saying that you aren't eating right. It could be that it's too tight or because of something else but if you are not using the band rules --you could lose your band.