Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Gone for Good Club - April 2006

A very happy Easter to all who Celebrate our victory over death through our Risen Lord! :rockon:

Josette - no doubt you will be significantly smaller by next Easter! :eek:

I know that weigh in isnt until Wednesday, but I had to share this with you all. I passed the 60 pound mark today! I've lost 61 pounds now!! My BMI has dropped from 51 to 41. I love my band!! :thumb:

'lo everyone!

Happy Easter to all.

I have survived work again and continue my weightloss. Wish I had more time to spend on the boards but between work and learning new skills - my mental capacity is already running on emergancy backup.

Keep up the good work everyone!

I'm going to drop my current weigh in, just incase I don't make it back before wednesday.

C 250 (-57 total, -2 this week)

well, today is the day i start an exercise program. i have plateaued (been the same about 3 weeks) and it is time to step it up a notch. i am still recoperating from my br surgery....but my doc said it would be great if i walk (no lifitng weights or anything)

my sis is here till tomorrow visiting and as soon as she wakes up we are hitting the sidewalk. i am also scheduled for a fill today, so that should help.

i am starting to get a bit of acid refulx..has anyone else experienced that?

wish me luck, i will need it : )

Good morning to all,

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter!! Even though I had to work at the church preparing food that morning it was still a lovely day just knowing that my Lord and Savior got UP from the grave with all power in HIS hand. What a celebration we had:smilingface (52): :) !

Congratulation P'nut on your lost, you deserve a hand:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: .

Maggie, make sure you speak with your doctor about the acid reflux. I normally get it bad after a fill, at least for the 1st week or 2 so you may need a prescription. I take Previcid, it works better for me than Nexium.

It's been a hard 2 weeks since my fill but it's starting to losen up and I am so glad. I hate being so evil when it's tight but I can't seam to help myself. I weighed and I am down to 214 from 217 so I am excited about that but hopefully, I'll lose more by weigh-in on Wednesday morning.

Until later, have a great day.

I've been on the missing list for over a month. Sorry bout that. Life got real weird here for awhile. I've been separated from my husband for almost 19 months now, and we just finally made the decision to divorce. It's sad, but it's better for us both in the long run.

I've continued to lose, although a little slower than I'd like. I slid right from 20 jeans into loose 18 jeans (meaning, when I bought them, they were already a little loose - going to look at 16's next week), so my body is still changing, the scale just isn't moving much.

I seem to be PBing more lately (once a week or so) and haven't had a fill since January, so I dunno what that's all about. Had a bad one yesterday (ham :) ) and tried to eat my Protein Bar this morning - not good. I'm off solids for a few days. I'm think maybe I slipped, but I have no reflux, and none of the other systems, plus liquids are fine. So I think I just am either getting sloppy with my eating, or trying to eat too fast.

2.2 pounds from my second goal. Hope to hit it by the end of next week. Would make a nice "spring cleaning" present for me.

Hope all of you are well and enjoyed your Bunny Day.

Even though I had to work at the church preparing food that morning it was still a lovely day just knowing that my Lord and Savior got UP from the grave with all power in HIS hand.

Amen! I had to fight the frumpies Easter morning. We had a super busy day. Hubby and I both play handbells at our church, and we rang at the sunrise service, then again at Worship. I also kept the nursery and having 2 young children myself...well, it was hectic. BUT, Christ arose!!!!! Hallelujah! Keeps life in perspective, huh?! :amen: Happy Easter everyone!

Beauty, you'll be on Onederland before you know it! Well done!

And P'nut! LOVE that BMI! Excellent work! You know that just a few more points (below 40 BMI) and you will no longer be in the Morbidly Obese range. How cool is that?!!!! Those are good milestones to keep in mind as you lose. I started out at MO with my high weight...well, check my stats (I'll leave my sig this post so you can see how my BMI has gone down with my weight) but it's a great "marker" for weight loss! You e-mailed me the formula when I panicked over the weekend with no LBT, but I just use a BMI calculator on my doc's website. The calculators are all over the web, and I'm hoping someday Mr. Alex will put one here on LBT. Beats crunching the numbers! LOL Anyhow, great job!

so my body is still changing, the scale just isn't moving much.

Oh yeah! Sometimes ignoring the scale is a good thing! Nice work!

So I think I just am either getting sloppy with my eating, or trying to eat too fast.

That'd be my diagnosis. With what's been going on recently, I'm thinking you might be a bit distracted? I know when I get sloppy with my eating, even with a "valid" reason, I PB more often. It's hard, but your band is forcing you to take care of yourself! I'm in "no man's land" with a fill these days. I cold use one, but I really need to get my head in order and I'd do better. I'm planning to wait it out and see about a flouro fill in a few months, just to get a visual on my band. It's not an endo, but it will do. Hang in there, keep an eye out for reflux, and be a good bandster girl. I'm sorry about the drama, it must be hard. (((hugs)))

i am also scheduled for a fill today, so that should help.

i am starting to get a bit of acid refulx..has anyone else experienced that?

Oh no..."i'm scheduled for a fill" and "I am starting to get some acid reflux" in the same post?! Talk with your doc about the fill, even if your weight loss has stalled. You just had major surgery! If you have any reflux, a fill may NOT be a good idea right now. Let us know how it's going, okay?

Hey Maggie - I agree with Kathy! Talk to your Dr about the reflux before you get a fill. This is usually a sign of being over-filled, or a slipped band. Let's hope its neither. With your recent surgery, I'd guess that you are swollen in there and have restriction from that. It might be a good idea to hold off on that fill for a while. It's not really an accurate assessment of your progress to weigh during surgery and recovery time. So much swelling and stuff. *hugs* I'm glad you're going to start walking though. That will help a lot.

NaturalBeauty - I'm glad you had such a happy Easter! Three pounds is great! Don't push that band to lose more than the average though, ok? If you're too tight, you're too tight and should get an unfill. In my humble opinion, none of us should be struggling to get food down. I believe we just put ourselves at risk for slipping and erosion when we do that. Be patient and be good to yourself. *hugs*

Jill - I went through a similar situation with the end of my first marriage. And even though your life has changed a lot and you've more-or-less moved on, that D word sure does rock you to the core, doesn't it? Again, I agree with Kathy (I usually do, she's great!) I think you're distracted, tense, upset... and those things can certainly affect the way we eat. They can also tighten the restriction. I've heard people talking about getting tighter when they are upset, so it is certainly possible. Hang in there girl. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. And hun... size 16s!? Yay! :clap2:

Kathy - You know what? You are such an awesome lady. I think you have the biggest, kindest heart I've ever seen and I just love you to pieces! *big ole squishy hug*

I think we need some shaking up! Everyone seems so quite and lethargic! Would any of you be open to a one month mini contest? The prize would be a "badge of honor" for your signature. I'm open for ideas - any suggestions? Anyone interested in jump starting May? Summer is only a couple of months away!!

I think we need some shaking up! Everyone seems so quite and lethargic! Would any of you be open to a one month mini contest? The prize would be a "badge of honor" for your signature. I'm open for ideas - any suggestions? Anyone interested in jump starting May? Summer is only a couple of months away!!

Okay, I think I'm going clothes shopping tomorrow night. When I get back, I'll either be depressed and mad, or I'll be excited and motivated. Either way, I'm betting I'll be in the mood for a jump start.

So, My Body Fat is 38.5%. What's up with that?! That's over 70 pounds of fat on this poor ole ragged body. 70 pounds?!!!!!! I know I'm supposed to have SOME fat, but 70 pounds?!!!!!! That's more fat still on me than weight I have lost so far. Geez. What's it gonna take?!

I went to Curves tonight like a good girl, and even took a brisk walk when I got home (I LOVE the time change) for about 30 min. So an hour of exercise today...cardio AND strength-training. Good, huh? Yay! But the whole body fat thing has me frustrated. It better start gong down, and I mean fast!!!!! Haruuummmph!

((((big ole squishy hugs)))) back 'atcha P'nut!

the best me, photonut, and natural beauty....

well, you were right (darn you : ) i went to see my doc yesterday and explained to him everything that was happening (acid reflux, br surgery, have not lost weight in two weeks). he gave me a 30 day supply of nexium and told me i would not be getting a fill today. the reason he gave me made me feel so wonderful. he said that i have lost more weight the goals we set for me (which is true). he told me i was amazing and should feel so proud of myself. he said that with the surgery, the acid reflux, and the great weight loss, why am i trying to rush things so much? if i got a fill today, i could make myself miserable, and need an unfill (and hurt my esophagas in the process).

now, i am a self pay, and that fill would have cost me about 150 bucks. i feel really good that my doc cares more about my health than making a few bucks. i AM worried about not losing any weight in the next month. the doc said that if i do not lose ANY weight, and the reflux, etc is under control, to come and see him and we could talk. he also said that if i started excersicing on a regular basis, it would be moving along quicker (yea...i think i agree with him : ).

thanks for the hugs all, and thanks for the great advice. it is so good to know i have people who UNDERSTAND to talk to this about.

photonut-i would be interesting in a challenge...i think it keeps things interesting : ) and congrats on being on being so close to no longer being morbidly obese....as of yesterday...i am just obese : ) it feels great!

maggie

the best me, photonut, and natural beauty....

well, you were right (darn you : ) i went to see my doc yesterday and explained to him everything that was happening (acid reflux, br surgery, have not lost weight in two weeks). he gave me a 30 day supply of nexium and told me i would not be getting a fill today. the reason he gave me made me feel so wonderful. he said that i have lost more weight the goals we set for me (which is true). he told me i was amazing and should feel so proud of myself. he said that with the surgery, the acid reflux, and the great weight loss, why am i trying to rush things so much? if i got a fill today, i could make myself miserable, and need an unfill (and hurt my esophagas in the process).

now, i am a self pay, and that fill would have cost me about 150 bucks. i feel really good that my doc cares more about my health than making a few bucks. i AM worried about not losing any weight in the next month. the doc said that if i do not lose ANY weight, and the reflux, etc is under control, to come and see him and we could talk. he also said that if i started excersicing on a regular basis, it would be moving along quicker (yea...i think i agree with him : ).

Maggie, I am so glad you got the acid reflux under control. It's no joke, I have dealt with it for years, even prior to being banded. You have done a great job and it's so good to have a doctor who really cares about you and your well being. I feel the same way about my fill doctor. Most doctors would have went on and given you the fill just for the money and then you would have been back there getting a unfill and being charged for that as well.

Step up your exercise program, that will help a great deal and it will help with the reflux as well. Try to stay away from sauces, especially the red ones, onions, Beans and late night eating. These things will make you suffer even worse at night.

P'nut--I am up for the challenge. I Celebrate my birthday on May 6th and my 1 year band aniversary on May 13th so I've got a lot to celebrate and I want to with a slimmer body:rockon: :confused: :D