Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

December Bandwagon Supporters

I find my self nervous about starting my pre open diet on Wednesday. When I joined this forum I had over a month before my surgery and some how I now have only a little over a week. Thank you to everyone who has posted about your banding experience...I have to admit that it has been reassuring to read everyone's triumphs and struggles.

Im on day 3 of preop diet and I havent ate my arm, the dog, or my youngest child. Don't get nervous or doubt your self. You never know your strength until your tested. Mind over matter. you can do this. Attitude is everything. :)

Think of it this way. All the weight you lose on the pre op diet is weight you will never see again.. it is weight you don't need to lose one you get you band. I ate everything in site before my band thinking I would never eat again. In return I gained 7 lbs an now after being banded I'm back to my pre op weight. I could be way ahead of the game

I can't believe I have 4 days...just 4.

I have been so good on my pre op 2 week diet, but yesterday at a holiday party I ate. Nothing crazy but not food on my pre op diet. I tried to make wise choices. I don't think it ruined my liver and I'm back to the diet now. 14 days of a pre op diet and one night off. Hope my liver didn't grow last night. I hope I don't obsess about it by repeating it over and over as I go into surgery and wake up. I'm feeling guilty but trying to move on and be proud of my self for the other 10 days plus the next 4.

If it makes you feel better I cheated too. I had beer and pizza ( just once ) on my pre op diet and I still had the surgery. Good Luck! You can do it !

My doctor told me last Tuesday that 1 high carb meal could increase your liver 6x.

He didn't say how many carbs that would take. But it did stop me from binging even once. Now I go in 7:00 Tuesday.

All of the symptoms that all are talking about are frequent side effects of surgery, Except the vomiting. That's not as frequent. Just take them in stride. They last a minuscule amount of time compared to a lifelong lapband. It's so worth it!

WOW did'nt know that Anna. Good advice! My doctor would'nt do the surgey unless you lost 7- 10 pounds on your pre op diet.

When is your day Banjo

I have been reading posts every day since I joined on Nov. 30th, but now I have to become active. :) I am set for surgery on December 31st. It was not planned, but i am very happy that the last day of the year is my last day in this body as I know it. i have four sons ages 3 months to 16 years. I want to watch them grow up, which is something my mother did not get to experience because of her obesity related death at 52 years old. I want to stop snoring so that I can sleep with my wife again. I want to "sleep" with my wife again instead of being so tired I have no drive. I want to play with my boys, not just sit and watch them run around. I want to do simple things like wear my pants around my waist instead of below my gut. I want to shop in clothing stores that don't have the letters X and L in their name. I want to be happy to have my picture taken and, when it is taken, I don't want to worry about how i hold my head and if my stomach is being sucked in enough. We deserve this and we WILL have this. Thank you for listening to me vent. Carry on.

I have been reading posts every day since I joined on Nov. 30th, but now I have to become active. :) I am set for surgery on December 31st. It was not planned, but i am very happy that the last day of the year is my last day in this body as I know it. i have four sons ages 3 months to 16 years. I want to watch them grow up, which is something my mother did not get to experience because of her obesity related death at 52 years old. I want to stop snoring so that I can sleep with my wife again. I want to "sleep" with my wife again instead of being so tired I have no drive. I want to play with my boys, not just sit and watch them run around. I want to do simple things like wear my pants around my waist instead of below my gut. I want to shop in clothing stores that don't have the letters X and L in their name. I want to be happy to have my picture taken and, when it is taken, I don't want to worry about how i hold y head and if my stomach is being sucked in enough. We deserve this and we WILL have this. Thank you for listening to me vent. Carry on.

You will do great my friend. You have WANTPOWER and that is what it takes!

Welcome to the December Bandsters! We will be here for you every step of the way. This forum has been wonderful. I actually met some people on here and we had surgery the same day in the same surgery center.

Is anyone else having trouble swallowing after surgery? Is it the gas that is making it hard to swallow ?

I just started Clear Liquids for 2 days prior to surgery. I'm starving.

During surgery you have a tube in your throat, can cause some swelling making swallowing difficult or painful but if you are concerned call your Dr.