Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hi there! I am Amy, 43 and very happily married with no kids (3 furry ones at least!) My husband thinks I am perfect the way I am, however for me (and this is FOR ME) my body was becoming a stranger to me, and I look into the mirror and see how I have neglected it. So After a year of research and serious contemplation, I decided to "Go For It!"

So I had my surgery done on 10/18/12 at Palms of Pasadena. My surgeon is John P. Gonzalvo, MD. The first 48hours were probably the most painful as the gas they inflated me with was excessive, like tie a string on me and fly me! My husband told me that my band is actually lower than where the surgeon wanted to place it, because apparently on of my arteries is abnormally large and instead of going "up" it goes "down" (going to have to get out my Biology book...!) I feel pretty amazing today, and was glad to see on my post op food list I can have baby rice cereal! Still having some gas pain , but not like it was!!

Was able to take the bandages off last night and take a shower, had a little queasy moment after removing them...but it's all good. I know I have never looked forward to having a bowel movement so much in my life! So I am looking forward to that as well!

Glad to have this site and look forward to the journey with all of you!

Congratulations on your surgery and new life. Rest up, follow your doctors orders and you will do great.

Lots of friends here to help, so post often.

Take care.

Congratulations & welcome!

This is a wonderful site for support & inspiration.

I was banded Oct 15, but have been here for months. They taught me all I needed to know.

Best wishes!

Wow, we are all from the same area. I was originally gonna go to a dr. at the palms. Im from venice florida. But,now i have an appt with Dr.Erbella, and have seen it written on the net hes awesome. great patient and healthgrade reviews. That entire hospital is treuly a center for excellence as medicare says. As far as I can tell at least. Maddy you are from Sarasota area to(Englewood) No?

I have becom a hermit right along with the weight. Cant wait to stop dreading going to the beach. I moved here due to health and.... THE BEACH! 5 mins away, AND I DONT GO due to weight issues, painful!

Wow' date=' we are all from the same area. I was originally gonna go to a dr. at the palms. Im from venice florida. But,now i have an appt with Dr.Erbella, and have seen it written on the net hes awesome. great patient and healthgrade reviews. That entire hospital is treuly a center for excellence as medicare says. As far as I can tell at least. Maddy you are from Sarasota area to(Englewood) No?[/quote']

Grew up in Venice and now live in Englewood. I go to SMH Bariatric Center and I can not say enough good things about them.

wow! I am gonna do blake hospital. I live in nokomis. Small world indeed:)

when did you get banded maddie?

Oct 15. One week today.

Did you graduate at VHS?

Oh I See. 10/15, and 40 pounds. way to go. how much was lost with the pre diet, which looks merciless!LOL!

My 24 year old son did, and you?

GO INDIANS!

Oh I See. 10/15' date=' and 40 pounds. way to go. how much was lost with the pre diet, which looks merciless!LOL![/quote']

I didn't have to do pre-op diet before surgery like most have to do, but I did diet 7mths before surgery on my own and lost 35.

I never had trouble losing weight, just keeping it off.

My 24 year old son did' date=' and you?[/quote']

were about the same age. i graduated in 77. Well you did yer own diet. excellent! Sounds like you are handling it well. I hope I can wrap my head around it, and dont find myself with a piece of gum plug or something stupid.