Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I am 4months post op and lost approx 9 kg. I am finding al of a sudden i cn eat a bit more than norm. Wht feeling would it b if band has slipped or streched . Some one mentioned that mayb why i cn get more !! Does any one know how that feels.

I asked my surgeon how you would know if the band slipped, he said suddenly you wouldn't be able to keep anything down, even liquids. Your fine. Maybe you need a fill. I would meet with your doc. and discuss it. Good Luck!

It is normal for you to find that after a while you eat more, that is why regular visits to your Dr are required so that a topup fill can be given if needed.

I ran into a lady who had this done 4 years ago and she was in for a fill she knew that is what she needed because she was able to eat 2 cheese burgers, I can't eat 2 now.

My questions is I have several groups I belong to and we have lunch and there is always food, food food. Does anyone have a suggestion for eating lunch out ??

go4itnow, I think you should post that as a new question. That way more people could respond and learn from it. Me included! :) Eating out is something I haven't had to deal with yet.

Thanks farmgirl40 I"m new and I will see if I can figure it out

I ran into a lady who had this done 4 years ago and she was in for a fill she knew that is what she needed because she was able to eat 2 cheese burgers, I can't eat 2 now.

My questions is I have several groups I belong to and we have lunch and there is always food, food food. Does anyone have a suggestion for eating lunch out ??

eating 2 cheese burgers is what made (and other items like that) people need WLS in the first place. just because you can eat 2 cheeseburgers, or a whole pizza or whatever does not mean one should.

as you heal, the swelling goes down and you become hungry (that is how it worked w/me and i only reference what i experience). until the fills get you to that ((place call the zone)), we have to practice self control, Portion Control and just use good judgment. eat healthy choices/options.

Sushi train, Mexican and tapas are good options for lunch, you can try a few things and share. Other option is a picnic or BBQ where you can control the type if food offered

eating 2 cheese burgers is what made (and other items like that) people need WLS in the first place. just because you can eat 2 cheeseburgers, or a whole pizza or whatever does not mean one should.

as you heal, the swelling goes down and you become hungry (that is how it worked w/me and i only reference what i experience). until the fills get you to that ((place call the zone)), we have to practice self control, Portion Control and just use good judgment. eat healthy choices/options.

well said!

well said!

thanks time (lynn)

i appreciate that.

i know that was the case and reason i got fat/obese

it wasnt because i used portion control..unless you

calling eating it all til it was gone controlling portions :P

I work in an office environment and there is always food and everyone is always wanting to eat out. This is what I have done. I have scouted out all the local restaurants in our area and reviewed their menu's and look for lap band friendly food. Grilled Protein and veggies (I get tired of salads and they do not always go down well) I really concentrate on the appetizer chooses, you can almost always find something on there that you can adapt to lap band eating. Or I will order a grilled chicken sandwich or a burger and not eat the bun. I have tried to tell them to leave the bun in the kitchen but that just seems to confuse them, I hate to waste food. I try to look at the kids menu's but most of their stuff is fried and me and batter dip foods do not always get along and the breading just takes up space for my precious protein. Eating out is harder but it can be done, you just need to remember our rules and pick healthy choices. If you order a full serving meal, ask for a to-go box when they bring the meal and take your portion and place in the box. I usually never take the box with unless I know it is something that will keep at the office, heat up well for the family etc. If nothing looks band friendly on the menu, order a cup of Soup and drink a Protein Shake when you get back to the office. I look at lunch out with the gang more of a social event and less about eating.

I agree about looking for healthier options. You can normally find something. Also you can ask for the kitchen to modify a meal. Most places have plain chicken breast; and will substitute out french fries for some kind of salad/veggies. When I get the meal mentally or physically cut it in half and only eat half. I find the healthier you eat the smaller the portions. Since I NEVER eat white potatoes at home I enjoy having a baked potato when out.

I was honest with my doctor about my portions and time between meals u may be ready for a fill. As time goes u will learn to pay attention to ur body know what u can and cant have. I find that eating out has gotten easier as time has gone by. I eat pretty much what i want with the exception of like breads so instead of burgers i have lettuce wraps bake potato instead of French fries. I eat steak, ribs, fish, chicken i usually fill up on my Proteins. I take home what i dont finish and no one knows the difference. in the begining i downloaded the menu, so i could get an idea of what i know i can eat. everyone is different. I have a 10cc band and its at 7cc and i have been like this for two years ive adjusted my eating habits. I eat about 8 oz of food.< /p>

Thank you all for tips on eating out , I'm sorry I have taken away from the org. ? but I can't figure out how to start a new post. Just learning to use the site. Wish me luck on Now 2nd.