Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 Weeks Post Op And Very Hungry!

I drink a Protein Shake in the morning 4oz of tuna 5 crackers for lunch then at dinner I usually have the same or chicken .... But I get so hungry in between meals ....like crazy hungry! I don't get a fill till the 30th

It usually takes most people multiple fills before they have adequate Fluid in their band to control their hunger. Many call the period after surgery but before good restriction in the band "bandster hell" because you've had the surgery but still aren't getting the benefits yet.

The only way I survived bandster hell before I had good Fluid in my band is by focusing on calories and portions. I knew there was no way I could last on only 3 meals a day without being starving. So, I tracked all my calories and spread them out through the day to allow me to eat every 2 hours. I still stuck to a cup or less of food per meal, but by eating every couple hours while being mindful of calories, I was able to to still lose weight even before I was in the Green Zone.

Hang in there, it does get easier.

It usually takes most people multiple fills before they have adequate Fluid in their band to control their hunger. Many call the period after surgery but before good restriction in the band "bandster hell" because you've had the surgery but still aren't getting the benefits yet.

The only way I survived bandster hell before I had good Fluid in my band is by focusing on calories and portions. I knew there was no way I could last on only 3 meals a day without being starving. So' date=' I tracked all my calories and spread them out through the day to allow me to eat every 2 hours. I still stuck to a cup or less of food per meal, but by eating every couple hours while being mindful of calories, I was able to to still lose weight even before I was in the Green Zone.

Hang in there, it does get easier.[/quote']

I eat string cheese and it helps for a little wile but then I get hungry again

Can't wait for October 30th

Drink, laughing cow cheese hummus

drink water. You can do it.

wendy

Also, 24 crackers for 120 with Special K crackers.

When I was first banded, I ate small amounts frequently and slowly progressed two three small meals and 2 Snacks, then down to three meals no snack and then two meals and one snack. Experiment for a while. You also have to find the foods that satisfy you. You can do it!

Sorry but hummus has about 30 calories per tablespoon not 10. I did eat a lot of it early on but had to stop. I was using it to eat raw carrots and I was eating wayyyy to much. Some brands do make individual serving containers which would be perfect. My issue was I was eating directly out of a full sized container.

Pickles have little to no calories. If you like bread and butter pickles get the no added sugar mount olive. No calories. banana peppers no calories. Eat cucumbers or other vegetables. Crackers are carbs and wont help with hunger. Eat some lunch meat. Fat free cheese. There are options. Nothing better then some turkey breast and fat free cheese with pickles and banana peppers. Greek yogurt (Dannon Fit and Light only 80 calories no fat). You have to be creative.

Thanks everyone :)

and try eating in the morning instead of drinking Protein Shakes. They are liquid calories and by now you should be able to eat enough Protein

I feel the need to have a bite of something between meals. I eat a olive or bite of avacodo.