Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

No Support Help

Hi,

I had my band done 4 years agoe in MOcton, N.B.

I live in Prince Edward Island a 2 hour drive away.

After my surgery I was scared and felt completely alone.

I did have one check-up after about 2-3 weeks and all

was well. Since then nothing. If anything I weigh more then

mine post surgery. I can feel my port quite often on a

daily basis. Is this another failed attempt by me to lose

weight? Can anyone give me any suggestions? Would a

fill do any good? Any help or encourgement would be

greatly appreciated.

Yes if you don't follow up with after care (fills) and some sort of accountability check you will not see results. If I were you I'd find a place near you that can administer a fill and monitor your progression. Using an app like My Fitness Pal (www.myfitnesspal.com) will give you a method of food tracking to help you stay the course. Good luck to you!

I am shocked that you have only had 1 post op appointment and by the sounds of it have not had a fill. I don't think that this could even count as an attempt to lose weight as you have not had fills, you have never had a 'working' band and you have not taken the responsibility to follow up with your medical professionals. Not to be mean, but you should have had at least a few fills, you should have had post op visits about every 6 weeks and every year. Pretty much you got a foreign object inserted inside of you and continued on with your life.

My suggestion to you is to find a lapband doctor/surgeon/clinic who will take you on as a patient and start from scratch. I would want them to do extensive testing on my band and port and stomach to make sure nothing has slipped or stretched and then start getting fills.

I am sure that you can start over with the right support, doctor, nutritionist, but you have to take ownership in not taking care of your band and being responsible for your follow up.

Good luck and keep posting.

Hi, Here on Prince Edward Island there is no Doctor or medical person that would touch doing a fill.

I will look at this and see if I can get back on track and what my first step is to that feat. Thanks

Hi, You are right. I need to contact the Docter in New Brunswick and see

what this 'thing' inside me is doing. I would love to be able to start over again and do not

know that was even possible.

Not sure why these lines are here!!!!!

I want this bad enough that I drive 6hrs each was for appointments and fills.

I would be hesitant to suggest you going back to Moncton, but if the clinic there is still running and you are comfortable with the staff, I would give them a call and get in as soon as you can, if they will see you. (I had to sign off on contract with my surgeon as to how I would contribute to my success.)

Good luck.

At the very beinning you must have know that the trips to keep this started was going to be hard, and you probably thought that was going to work out but for whatever reason was not able to do it. Because your distant away from doctors requires a huge commintment ti yourself but believe it me it will be worth it. hrd but worth it. the fills ar the key in this program and of course a good diet I sorta follow a WW diet and I track my intake daily on fitnesspal.c

its like any other diet it hard in the begining but with a big helpnghand with the properly filled band. We sre ll here for you while you get bsck on track just lets us know how we csn help. come into the chat room often for daily, hourly support.

line dancer

Have you managed to get in touch with the clinic in Moncton? I was reading your posts and am concerned about you.

It is so critical to follow up afterwards. The initial surgery doesn't do much, it is the fills you get (which may take several visits) to get to your green zone that will really help. You also need to do your part of exercise and keeping calories under 1200 per day, meals under a cup size serving, and Protein around 60 grams per day. It is very important to eat your protein (3-4 ounces) first as that is what will keep you satiated and help you get back on track. Good luck... PLEEEEEEAAAAASSSSEEEEE follow up with your doctor for the fills. It's like buying a new car and not putting gas in it... it won't get you anywhere.