Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Newbie.... Bob

Thanks for that. I was able to find one of your "used" book son Amazon for 19.95 plus shipping. Im sure it will suffice, and I look forward to reading it, trying some recipes(easy hopefully) Remember Cher in Mermaid, hour'derves for every meal. I dont fall far from that. I have a plaque in my kitchen that says :the only reason I have a kitchen, it came with the house", LOL. Thats me. Cooked every night for 24 years raisin my kid, and he swears I could win worst mother of the millenium contest! Ha! Go figure! I threw in the towel! Sandy some klidding/some not:)

So you ended up buying Bandwagon Cookery (the cookbook) for $19.95? Let me know if you'd also like to buy Bandwagon.

this book is available on Amazon books .com

i just emailed jean to order mine.

merely anyone can send her a PM and she will get it right out. :)

but in all honesty, whether any of her books are new or used, it speaks the truth and is a helpful tool and should be read by anyone who needs or wants help in understanding this banded life.

I know you mean well, but that's not useful advice. Frozen yogurt may be "skinny" compared to ice cream, but it's a slider food that provides a little nutrition and no satiety. Also, a big, big serving of anything is not appropriate for any WLS patient. Foods commonly found in a salad can be problematic for a bandster: raw veggies can be difficult to eat, and the fixings (like croutons, cheese, etc.) and Salad Dressing can cancel out any benefit derived from the veggies.

what is skinny foods? that is what i needed before i got to over 300 haha...my Snacks are healthy choices and def full of Protein as i can get and def more filling. both my surgeon and nutritionist said to do that....just my take on it all :)

BOB, or band-over-bypass, is the placement of an adjustable gastric band over the pouch of a gastric bypass patient who has experienced disappointing weight loss or weight regain.

is this what carnie wilson had?

is this what carnie wilson had?

Yes, I believe so.

My sis had bypass surgery 10 yrs ago and lost a lot of weight, but about 5 yrs later gained quite a bet back. She asked me to ask my surgeon to give her a band now and he said he wouldn't do it b/c if bypass didn't work, neither would the band. It was a head thing that needed repairing.

My Dr is a hard ass! He's the type of guy, if you don't follow his rules, you're going to hear about it. I really like him though!

guess that moral madd is to follow your doctors instructions to get the most success in whatever WLS one gets. make sense.

guess that moral madd is to follow your doctors instructions to get the most success in whatever WLS one gets. make sense.

Amen sista!!

How is Carnie Wilson doing? I haven't heard anything since her banding?

I went on the "Perricone Weight Loss Diet" and lost about 100 pounds. Then proceeded to gain it all back over just a couple years time.waaaaaaa!

didnt LOOK healthy after the weight loss tho, least I was told that after gaining it back.

I will let you know how I find that cookbook to be Jean. Sandy

Ok ordered the book through PayPal.

Yes, Carnie Wilson had a BOB. I try googling her for progress reports but there are none :/

Ok ordered the book through PayPal.

Yes' date=' Carnie Wilson had a BOB. I try googling her for progress reports but there are none :/[/quote']

That's what I found.

You'll be very happy with your book.

Best wishes to your success!

That's what I found.

You'll be very happy with your book.

Best wishes to your success!

Thanks!!!!!

Hi Everyone....I'm a BOB......just starting out so i'm reposting my intro from a different section.

Hi there. I wanted to join this group hoping to find someone else that maybe in the same situation I am. Please do not judge or make judgement as to what I have done.

I had gastric bypass in June 2004 and I had this done as an open procedure. Lost about 120-125 pounds. and was really good with that. I then started exercising and doing the "Curves" thing. I then discovered that I had a golf ball size incisional hernia from this surgery. Due to a job layoff and losing insurance I wasn't able to have this fixed. Finally I was able to get this fixed in March of 2011 and at this point it was the size of a grapefruit. Found this great surgeon who also happened to be a baratric surgeon as well. He fixed my problem or so I thought but only to discover a few months later it had reappeared in a lower part of my "tummy" so I then had a 2nd surgery done. Thinking all is fine I joined a gym and started to walk on the treadmill and the bike because I finally was glad to be able to get exercise in. But right before I decided to get a personal trainer to help with my muscles I discovered a 3rd hernia! WOW that was about all I could handle. I went back to the dr and we talked at length about having the surgery again and since he did the lap bands on other patients we decided to have it done on me since he was already in there. Not really even sure how this was approved by insurance but they did. I just had the surgery 4 weeks ago and he did about an 8x8 mesh patch to cover my previsous incision from breast bone to belly and then from the right to the left...and then we did the lap band. He said my pouch looked really good....it was not overstretched or anything of the sorts. I have not gained any weight back from the 125 but maybe a few pounds here and there but have always maintained the same weight for at least 7 years after i stopped losing. but I'm still at about 240 pounds and I feel that additional restriction is worth it.

Since my surgery I have really changed my eating. I know longer eat my Breakfast all morning. I time myself to 30 mins only per meal. Something that i got out of habit doing. I stopped drinking dt coke....drink more Water etc.

So I went back to my dr yesterday for a check up and a fill. I lost 11 pounds the first week but nothing since so he did a fill of 3 1/2 cc's. Sounds like a lot compared to what I have read. But hopefully it will work. Is this a lot? Is there anyone esle that has had the gastric bypass and then the band? Just curious if so what their experiences are and if its different for us than others?

Thanks! Shannon