Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I know we are supposed to stay positive here so please feel free to pass up my post. Ill understand. But i am miserable. 9 days post op and im struggling. Hungry cranky nasty sad very sad. I cant stand myself! Cant have mushies for 9 more days. This is sooooo hard.

I know we are supposed to stay positive here so please feel free to pass up my post. Ill understand. But i am miserable. 9 days post op and im struggling. Hungry cranky nasty sad very sad. I cant stand myself! Cant have mushies for 9 more days. This is sooooo hard.

Call your doctor! Sad can be a physiological and biological reaction to the lack of sugar. So don't stress too much about that aspect. But seriously you call your doctor and you tell him that you need something! Tell him it goes beyond just being hungry. Even if you liquify some mash potatoes you would feel better.

Keep me posted! I am 14 days post op. I'm hungry yeah, until I eat then I'm fine for a small amount of time. It's the hard part of the journey. Keep me posted

I'm Michele btw is 1961 your bd? I'm 1969. Lets get the Joy back in Joy1961!

Add me as a friend, we got this. Are you using my fitness pal? Add me micheleost.

Something your not going to want to hear is this is normal. Maybe if they had better prepared us for these feelings it may have been different, my doctor told me that before I had my first fill I was going to be hungry. I was lucky I didn't really start to get hungry until about week 3. What I suggest is that you drink some of your Soups or liquids every 2 hours. The first 6 weeks are your time to heal and adjust to having the band, you will not really have the benefit of the band until after your first fill and I am sorry to say it may take several fills before you really reach that Green zone they talk about. Patience is hard, but remember this is a life time journey and nothing worthwhile happens over night.But your not whining your hungry and that is normal. Are you allowed Protein Shakes yet, if so that is another option to help stave off the hungry. Hang in there it does get better.

Your human, its ok to feel how u feel. Everyone struggles with something, no one is perfect. All I can say try to stay busy drink a lot and know u arent alone in this....

im sorry you are feeling so bad. It's so hard in the beginning and alot of it is all in your head. I know it was for me. Once you can get a fix on your head hunger it will get easier. Call your doctor. They need to be there for you and help you thru this.

good luck

Call your doctor! Sad can be a physiological and biological reaction to the lack of sugar. So don't stress too much about that aspect. But seriously you call your doctor and you tell him that you need something! Tell him it goes beyond just being hungry. Even if you liquify some mash potatoes you would feel better.

Keep me posted! I am 14 days post op. I'm hungry yeah' date=' until I eat then I'm fine for a small amount of time. It's the hard part of the journey. Keep me posted

I'm Michele btw is 1961 your bd? I'm 1969. Lets get the Joy back in Joy1961!

Add me as a friend, we got this. Are you using my fitness pal? Add me micheleost.[/quote']

Thanks Michele. I dont know how to add you as a friend. Yes 1961 is my bd. and what is fitness pal? I did go to the dr mon and lierally fell apart when he asked how i was :( gave me Atavan. Not really helping. I felt very ready for this btw. Crazy

This is a huge life change! It is okay to vent and to feel how you are feeling. It isn't easy, and the stages we have to go through until we are able to eat solid foods can be very, very challenging. This is a huge sacrifice and a major life altering time. The good news is, you aren't alone. Many people struggle with the changes they must make, even if you really wanted the surgery and even if you don't regret your decision! It is just plain hard sometimes. However, it will get easier.

You are not doomed to fail just because you are feeling discouraged, hungry, cranky, or sad! You can still succeed. You just need to journey on and get through this difficult time.

I felt pretty awful post op myself, so I can understand the myriad of feelings! So many emotional and physical changes happening during this time. I can tell you that in my own personal experience, it got easier and although I still have days where I struggle, I am finding my way, and you will too! Also, I think it is unrealistic for any of us to expect every person to be positive in their posts. We all have up and down days. None of us are perfect or optimistic all the time. We are human, and it's okay to vent. Hang in there!!!

Thanks everyone. I felt bad last night at my support group when i shared my emotions were so shaky and someone said. "Well i was so ready that didnt happen to me." I thought to myself i was ready too. Ive had 4 back surgeries and never felt like this. Thankful for this site!! I