Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tell Me Not To Eat These Cookies!!!

So I started low carbing Monday, and I am doing great. I am down about 7 pounds. Surgery scheduled for next Friday trying to get down as low as possible before then. I was having no major trouble resisting foods, until my kids asked me to make chocolate chip Cookies this afternoon. They smell decadent. I have made the kids Mac and cheese and chicken nuggets and even pizza this week and walked away from all of it, even birthday cake and ice cream and fruit Snacks. Why are these cookies yelling at me!

Tell me not to eat these cookies! I know myself and if I tell myself that I can have a half of one cookie I will be stuffed with at least a dozen cookies by midnight.

Don't do it!!

(shall I invent a good story to deter you? ;) )

...those Cookies are toxic to adults!! To children they're a lovely treat, to adults, they are evil monsters!! They attack our butts and guts while we sleep!! Those cookies are responsible for more busted pants seams and popped buttons than all the apples in this world combined!!!

You can do this ;)

Pack them up in a sealed container (so they don't "smell so decadent") and light a candle or something to get the smell out of the house. Seriously, the smell alone is going to torment you. I had a candle I bought once that was cookie scented and I got rid of it because the smell was making me crave Cookies.< /p>

You can do this! Nothing tastes as good as skinny feels, remember that. The strength you find now will help you later when these cravings resurface.

It does get easier the longer you don't eat those items. Going forward there is no harm in having a small treat on ocassion; however, when you know you cannot stop at one it is best not to start.

So I started low carbing Monday, and I am doing great. I am down about 7 pounds. Surgery scheduled for next Friday trying to get down as low as possible before then. I was having no major trouble resisting foods, until my kids asked me to make chocolate chip Cookies this afternoon. They smell decadent. I have made the kids Mac and cheese and chicken nuggets and even pizza this week and walked away from all of it, even birthday cake and ice cream and fruit Snacks. Why are these cookies yelling at me!

Tell me not to eat these cookies! I know myself and if I tell myself that I can have a half of one cookie I will be stuffed with at least a dozen cookies by midnight.

loved missys story..

but you are better than those cookies.

have one and be done. its mind over batter :) pretty much.

you cant run from food or hide from it. its not the enemy so think positive. you have a long life (more so now because of the band) and you will have run ins with food forever.

be the little engine that can

ok, missy is a way better story teller........sorry :(

put them in the freezer and then one day when you really want a treat take ONE out and have it. You rule the Cookies, they dont rule you!

The truth is ...

If you eat a cookie, it will make you want a glass of milk.

No really, that cookie will make you feel really bad for days, you will think about that cookie and how bad it made you feel (the guilt). The guilt alone is not worth carrying around.

I like the idea of putting the Cookies away stored out of sight, great idea!!

Stay strong!

put them in the freezer and then one day when you really want a treat take ONE out and have it. You rule the Cookies, they dont rule you!

wishing you well!

i was commenting on the "surgery today" post,lol!

One cookie right now is too many. A dozen not enuff! THE EVIL Cookies ARE DELICOUS, BUT BAAAAAAAD

FOR YA!!

Thanks guys!!! I made it. The cookie monster has passed. My kids ate most of them and I sent the rest to my sister's kid next door so they won't be here tonight whispering sweet nothings to me in the dark. I know eventually i will be able to indulge but right now i need more practice at saying no before i even get started. Missy, I told myself that those Cookies were laced with arsnic... and then i sprayed some fabreez to get the smell out of the house. This would be easier if i didn't still have to fix food and feed two little boys. I love them to death but i hate having their food around!

I can do it. I just gave myself more proof today by not eating a crumb of those temptress cookies. yeah!