Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded last Thursday. Only 8 days in and I am questioning my decision. I started out with a good size air pocket that I am still dealing with. I can not get rid of the nausia and as stupid as it sounds I am hungry. What is going on?

Hi I was banded on Wednesday ended up in ICU feel like crap the pain in my left shoulder won't go away , don't what to eat as I have been told to only drink Fluid for two weeks.

I am begin to think I have made a mistake. Get it done. Could be because I am feeling crap

Hey Ladies,

Please hang in there. It does get better. I really hated the gas pains and they were the worst. My advice is to: walk as much as you can (walking around Target or Wal Mart counts), use a heating pad or warm bean bag on your shoulders, chew gas x, take your pain meds, drink as much Water as you can, drink your Protein (it will take a while to get down) and take more gas x :P .

Once you get over the gas and find your rhythm you will be so much happier. Also- follow the bandster rules: Slowly progress through liquids, purees, mushies, soft solids, then real food, eat slowly, chew chew chew, don't drink anything during or after meals (for 90 minutes), and eat only a cup of food at a time. It seems really overwhelming at this moment, but take it one day at a time, then a week at a time. It will soon feel like second nature to you if you accept the path you are on.

I wish you luck and much success. I know you can do it!

I feel for you girls as well! The pain in my left shoulder was from the gas was excruciating. I initially questioned what had I done. The pain lasted the first month after surgery and I thought for sure that wasn't normal. I was assured by my amazing doctor that it would improve. My heating pad became my beat friend and saving grace. Then one day it was gone! Move and let that gas pass... You'll feel great soon. Take care of yourselves and focus on you!

harleymelm

Hi I just hope it gets better I have just phoned my daughter to go get me a heat pad will try that .

Finding it hard what to eat in Hosptial there were given me clear Soup. Jelly and ice cream. Am on day 3.

This morning I had up and go.

lunch Soup and weight watcher. Ice cream and I feel yuck

I take it everyone on the site is from US. I,am in Australia

I am in the US, but there are Aussie's on this site. Check the regional boards and I am sure you can connect with some locals. YOu won't want to or really need to eat much the first few days. Just keep getting your fluids in. That's what really matters. Hang in there! You can do it!

It does get better. I never had any gas pain until post op day 8, and then again at 16. It seemed to come if I had been sitting alot. As soon as I stood up and walked it helped. I was popping gas x and had the heating pad on continously the first week, just in case. Lots of walking and sipping.

I would stay away from the ice cream and look at sugar free Jello, yogurt and pudding instead. Add some Protein to your food if you can and it will help you stay hungry longer.

Good luck ladies, it does get better.

I have found that if I scramble a cpl of eggs or make grits that I AK able to keep it down and I stay satisfied for a cpl of hrs. I know that it is not quite the right diet for day 9 but I need to keep something down.