Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Realize Band 10/10/12

I work in the hospital and I'm cool with the bariatric PA she said the lap band is more sturdy... Idk I'm just curious if other ppl heard this 2

I was banded yesterday too! The worst part for me was the shoulder pain from gas. I also had a hard time sleeping last night because I can't sleep on my back. Good luck!

I was banded 10/5 and I underestimated the gas pain for sure. I still hurt in my left shoulder if I bend down even slightly.

Can u request which brand band u want? I don't want the realize band can I tell my surgeon that?

Yes, they ask you preop what you want.

I thought I was getting the lap band and came out with a realize band. I was assured that it makes no difference.

That's not cool at all. I was told by my surgeon that they were very similar but that the realize band was a little more flexible for long term like for swallowing a small piece of steak. I chose the realize band because the port is flatter and it could be stitched under the fascia with mesh. Less chance of flipping. Not sure if any of that is true but that is what I was told.

My doctor any does the lap-band best results!

Only*

That's not cool at all. I was told by my surgeon that they were very similar but that the realize band was a little more flexible for long term like for swallowing a small piece of steak. I chose the realize band because the port is flatter and it could be stitched under the fascia with mesh. Less chance of flipping. Not sure if any of that is true but that is what I was told.

I wasn't told a whole lot apparently. I didn't even know coming out with a realize band was even an option. Although after hearing what you said I think I might be better off anyway. I did notice that I can't feel my port like most people on here say they can. I also have no idea what size my band is.

I wasn't told a whole lot apparently. I didn't even know coming out with a realize band was even an option. Although after hearing what you said I think I might be better off anyway. I did notice that I can't feel my port like most people on here say they can. I also have no idea what size my band is.

I was also told that it takes a little more time to get in the green zone. I think they do fills more often with smaller amounts at a time with the realize band from what I can remember.

I was also told that it takes a little more time to get in the green zone. I think they do fills more often with smaller amounts at a time with the realize band from what I can remember.

Did you get a serial number for your band?

Not that I know of. Would it be on the discharge papers?

Not that I know of. Us it in the discharge papers?

I have included a pic of the front and back of my card. I covered my name for anonymity reasons. I did not have any info on my band on discharge papers, but when I received my card the size, id number, surgery date, and surgeon contact info were on it.

The card also states medical info and includes a note to restaurants asking to allow ordering of small meals.

post-316073-13813140413687_thumb.png

post-316073-13813140414148_thumb.png

Not that I know of. Us it in the discharge papers?

I didn't get one either. I just read a lot about others maybe with lap band. I'm not sure who have gotten them.

The Realize Lap Band has a lower profile port which is supposed to be less prone to flipping.

It is a wider band which is supposed to be less prone to slipping and or erosion of stomach wall.

Of course preferred medical products change from time to time just like fashion and pharmaceuticals! :). I trust my surgeon as his sucess speaks for itself.

I didn't get one either. I just read a lot about others maybe with lap band. I'm not sure who have gotten them.

Call your surgeon? I have a realize brand band and I got a card much like the one posted above. It says realize band on the front and has my serial number and surgeons name and date of surgery and stuff. I'm supposed to put it in my wallet and show it to medical providers. My doctor uses both bands but prefers realize but will use lap band upon request or if you need the bigger size available in lap band.