Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

feeling blah after 1st post op check up

went in today to see my Dr was banded 3/20. Happy I lost 12 lbs im a lil upset that I wont be filled till May 19. That is so long away .. im like starving. Granted im allowed alot more food choice cause the broth Jello Optifast was making me sick... Any thoughts if anyone else had to wait this long for a fill and If you can give me a lil support im pretty bummed out. May seems so far away it's like pre band this waiting stinks !!! :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

Hey! Don't get too discouraged! As many people on this site have told me, you didn't gain all the weight over night and you won't lose it overnight either. I think a lot of people (myself included) just want it to start happening NOW and we really have to get it into our heads that this will be a lifelong journey. Try to be grateful that your surgery went well and that you are healing ok... lots of people have problems just healing properly. All I can say is GOOD LUCK! And just because you don't get your first fill for a few months, doesn't mean you can't start ACTING like you have a band... that means exercising, not binging on food (which can REALLY damage your band at this early stage) and trying to eat your Protein first. Just hang in there and don't lose faith!!! Don't think about next month, think about how fabulous you'll look next YEAR!!!

suzanne

so true and after thinking about it im gonna just sit back and be patient

I went to my post-op today and she told me it would be 4-6 more weeks before I get a fill. (so I am right there with you...with my luck it will be the 1st or 2nd week of May)

But I do understand I need to finish healing on the inside and let the swelling continue to go down.

When I start to get frustrated, I do think, just as Suzanne said, about what I will look like next year!!!

(((hugs))) the next month will go by fast and May will be here before we know it!

My doctor said I should get my first fill 6 weeks post op. My next appointment is 5 weeks post op. I guess he will decide then if I get it the next week. He said I have a 7.5 band and should get 2cc fill. I don't know if that is normal. What is normal?

Hey Sparkling :)

You've only been banded a week ya goober. Settle down and give your body time to heal, just like you said. Until all of that swelling goes down, how will your Dr be able to tell how much fill is really right for you? You don't want that band scrunching down on a tender, swollen tummy do you?

Did your Dr let you move on to mushies? If so, there are a ton of choices you can go for that fill you up longer than liquids. Are you getting in your minimum of 60 grams of Protein per day? Protein will keep you from getting hungry for a longer period of time.

Remember, this six weeks is all about the healing process and letting that band get settled in. Don't worry about how often you need to eat, just watch your calorie intake and stick to the foods approved by your Dr and you'll be just fine. Also, don't be surprised if you even see a slight increase in your weight before your first fill. This is common. Going from a strengent pre-op diet, then onto liquids, and then bringing more solid foods back into your diet will take you on a mini roller coaster of weight fluctuations.

I know you're anxious to really get moving, but try your best to get in the mindset of 2 pounds a weeks is perfect progress. Anything beyond that is bonus!

Yeah I feel alot better today went shopping last night and bought some food. Sooooooooo will try to keep my mind focused with healing. Thank you once again for giving me good advice ~ hugs everyone again for their support

Well if it is any comfort, I was banded 3/1 and I don't go back till june 19th for I hope 1st fill. I did find out the Doc had put 1cc in because the band was not snug enough, seems that is rare for him to do also. But I am getting hungery now, :faint:

I feel for you also, but I am glad im able alot more foods so I dont feel so hungry or deprived. And my new headset is.. next year im gonna look great !