Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frustrated from Dani

Hi everyone.

I haven't written in quite awhile. I'm sorry, I know I need to post and support everyone but I have had some problems with the fills and have felt disgusted with everything.

:help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help: :help:

These are my problems:

I think I am probably over filled a wee bit, but it takes two hours one way to the doc for a fill. Either I can eat everything in the house and am ravenous or I can't even drink liquids. Right now I am dehydrated again because liquids make me burp and choke.

I can't eat veggies unless I make raw juice or put them in the blender. Down they go and back up they come. My stomach just can't handle it.

The same with so many foods. I spend half my time during meals getting up and pbing, sometimes outright vomiting but not much.

It's funny, there are two things that seem to stay down no matter what: Chili cheese Fritos and popcorn. For some reason they don't upset my stomach. I went out to dinner with my hubby last night and had a Breakfast but it just wouldn't stay down.

I am worried because I am afraid I will turn bullemic if I don't get a grip. Sometimes it just feels so bad in there that I have to get it out.

I know that I can't always gauge how much I am eating, when I am out.

All of a sudden it feels full, all the way to the top of my esophagus. Then it just sits there until I get rid of it. :omg:

And I am finding it soooo hard not to eat at night after dinner.

I mean really really hard. It's an addiction, I know it. :sick

Do people have any insight in how I can get a handle on this?

Thanks in advance.

The good news is that I am finally beginning to lose the weight. I have been stuck up and down a few pounds since the surgery. Now a sturdy 198 and staying there. I have joined Curves too, for the very first time.

Dani

Sorry Dani, I know how frustrating getting the right fill level can be. But it really sounds like you need an unfill. I don't know what your fill history is, but see if you can get a slight unfill. Some people have really noticed a big difference with just .1CC removed.

Being too tight is so very miserable, and I'm so sorry you are too tight! Compounded with the long drive, I'm so sorry!

Dani, I agree that it sounds like you're too tight. Even if you can't get an unfill, you should try sticking strictly to liquids for like a whole week to see if there's some irritation in there that will heal up. Once the PBing starts, if we don't let it really heal irritation can just make the problem worse; it's a vicious cycle.

So try going strictly to liquids (don't forget the Protein drinks!) for a whole week and see if that makes the situation any better. An unfill would definitely help too, but if that's not really feasible try this first. You might lose a few more pounds which could loosen things up a little all by itself!

Good luck, and please take care. You don't want to run the risk of damage to your stomach, esophagus, or band. :hug:

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BabySpoons

Sometimes reading the posts here make me wonder if some people just weren't mentally ready for WLS and needed more time with the bariatric team psychiatrist. Complaining about the limited drink/food choices early on... blah..blah...blah. The living to eat mentality really needs to go and be replaced with eating to live. JS
      · 2 replies
      1. Bypass2Freedom

We have to remember that everyone moves at their own pace. For some it may be harder to adjust, people may have other factors at play that feed into the unhealthy relationship with food e.g. eating disorders, trauma. I'd hope those who you are referring to address this outside of this forum, with a professional.

This is a place to feel safe to vent, seek advice, hopefully without judgement.

Compassion goes a long way :)

2. BabySpoons

Seems it would be more compassionate not to perform a WLS on someone until they are mentally ready for it. Unless of course they are on death's door...

• Theweightisover2024🙌💪

Question for anyone, how did you get your mind right before surgery? Like as far as eating better foods and just doing better in general? I'm having a really hard time with this. Any help is appreciated 🙏❤️
      · 2 replies
      1. NickelChip

I had about 6 months between deciding to do surgery and getting scheduled. I came across the book The Pound of Cure by Dr. Matthew Weiner, a bariatric surgeon in Arizona, and started to implement some of the changes he recommended (and lost 13 lbs in the process without ever feeling deprived). The book is very simple, and the focus is on whole, plant based foods, but within reason. It's not an all or nothing approach, or going vegan or something, but focuses on improvement and aiming for getting it right 80-90% of the time. His suggestions are divided into 12 sections that you can tackle over time, perhaps one per month for a year if a person is just trying to improve nutrition and build good habits. They range from things like cutting out artificial sweetener or eating more beans to eating a pound of vegetables per day. I found it really effective pre-surgery and it's an eating style I will be working to get back to as I am further out from surgery and have more capacity. Small changes you can sustain will do the most for building good habits for life.

2. Theweightisover2024🙌💪

That sounds awesome. I'll have to check that out thanks!

• BeanitoDiego

I've hit a stall 9 months out. I'm not worried, though. My fitness levels continue to improve and I have nearly accomplished my pre-surgery goal of learning to scuba dive! One dive left to complete to get my PADI card 🐠
      I was able to go for a 10K/6mile hike in the mountains two days ago just for the fun of it. In the before days, I might have attempted this, but it would have taken me 7 or 8 hours to complete and I would have been exhausted and in pain for the next two days. Taking my time with breaks for snacks and water, I was finished with my wee jaunt in only 4 hours 😎 and really got to enjoy photographing some insects, fungi, and turtles.
      Just for fun last week, I ran two 5Ks in two days, something I would have never done in the past! Next goal is a 10K before the end of this month.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • Teriesa

Hi everyone, I wrote back in May about having no strength. I still get totally exhausted just walking from room to room, it’s so bad I’m using a walker with wheels of all things. I had the gastric sleeve Jan. 24th. I’m doing exactly what the programs says, except protein shakes. I have different meats and protein bars daily, including vitamins daily. I do drink my fluids as well.  I go in for IV hydration 4 days a week and feel ok just til evening.  So far as of Jan 1st I’ve dropped 76 lbs. I just want to enjoy the weight lose. Any suggestions or has anyone else gone thru this??  Doctor says just increase calorie intake, still the same. 
      · 0 replies
    • Stone Art By SKL

Decorative Wall Cladding & Panels | Stone Art By SKL
      Elevate your space with Stone Art By SKL's decorative wall claddings & panels. Explore premium designs for timeless elegance.
      · 0 replies
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches