Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Frustrated

I had surgery August 8. Dr. Fixed a hiatal hernia, so no fill for one month after surgery. The first fill was aggressive and way too much. My second appointment was an X-ray and an unfill. Went again today -another X-ray and unfill. I think whatever I have lost has been in spite of the band, not because of it. The beginning weight submitted to insurance was actually 10 pounds more than I actually weighed, so it looks as though I have lost a bunch, but I know better. And yes, I'm frustrated...

There are some differing opinions on the forum about how aggressively a band should be filled. I have chosen to be quite conservative with my fills, as I don't choose to experience the effects of an over filled band. I also had to wait for 14 weeks post op for my first fill. My surgeon has been supportive of my choice to be conservative with my fills.

This journey does require patience, and I sincerely hope that you will be able, in time, to find the amount of Fluid that will give you adequate restriction that you can live with and still eat a healthy and band appropriate diet.

Best wishes...

In Australia our Dr's use the slowly slowly approach. They give frequent small fills as they feel that it is safer and also easier for a person to adapt. Sorry that you have had a bad experience so early on. Hopefully now you are filled at a level you can cope with. Don't stress about losing quickly - this process takes time. The main thing is that it is coming off and not going up.You didn't gain it overnight and the same goes for losing.

Hope that everything now goes well

Yes, I have to agree. I may not be losing very fast, but at least I am not gaining!!! That, in itself, is worth it - but the frustration is still there.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Trending Products

• Trending Topics

• Recent Status Updates

• BetterLeah

Woohoo! I have 7 more days till surgery, So far I am already down a total of 20lbs since I started this journey. 
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Well done! I'm 9 days away from surgery! Keep us updated!

• Ladiva04

Hello,
      I had my surgery on the 25th of June of this year. Starting off at 117 kilos.😒
      · 1 reply
      1. NeonRaven8919

Congrats on the surgery!

• Sandra Austin Tx

I’m 6 days post op as of today. I had the gastric bypass 
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
    • RacMag  »  bhogue925

Hi, I’m new here. I’m currently on the liver shrinking diet. So far so good, but I have to say I haven’t found a protein shake I like. Anyone have any suggestions please? My surgery date is September 17th. 
      · 2 replies
      1. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife Core are by far the best. They taste just as they are - chocolate milk. You can either get the 26 grams or the 42 grams (harder to find and more expensive). For straight protein look at Bulksuppliments.com ..they have really good whey proteins and offer auto ship plus they test for purity. No taste or smell...

2. BlondePatriotInCDA

Fairlife has strawberry, vanilla and of course chocolate. No more calories than other protein drinks. Stay away from Premiere, they're dealing with lawsuits due to not being honest about protein content.

• Doctor-Links

HGH For Sale
      hgh for sale at our online pharmacy

Human growth hormone (HGH) is a small protein which is made in part of the brain called the pituitary gland. It travels in your bloodstream all over your body to make your body grow.
      HGH is very important in the body. It is needed for children to grow normally. It helps make sure there is enough muscle and fat in the body. It keeps our bones healthy.
      Buy Rybelsus online, Rybelsus tablets
      You can order for wegovy at our online pharmacy
      Check for the prices of 0.25mg, 0.5mg and 1mg at our online pharmacy and buy ozempic.
      · 0 replies
      1. This update has no replies.
  • Recent Topics

• Hot Products

Our Newsletter

Follow us for the latest news
    and special product offers!
  • Together, we have lost...
      lbs

PatchAid Vitamin Patches