Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I just don't learn

I know the band is a great teacher but my stubborness is amazing me - I set three rules that would help me not pb and I continually break them - they are:

Do Not Eat Standing Up

If over hungry - drink or eat extra slowly - don't shovel it in

Do Not Eat anything in the morning before coffee/opening up

I just broke #2 and am suffering from trying to eat a filet of fish sandwich which is no good for me either but I have to try everything!!!!

Why am I such a hard head? Even with painful, negative consequences I continue to make the same mistakes. And I pray this will give me even more empathy toward others struggling with addictions/trying to break any bad habit - jeez it's tough but maybe I just need the tough love -

any suggestions, knock on the head, etc are appreciated.

Everyday is a learning and process. I sometimes forget as well to eat slow wait 30 min before drinking. Just because you get banded does not mean you adjust to change overnight.

I think some habits will never be broken to be honest.

I find eating standing up good, reduces the little blockages if I"m eating something a little difficult to eat. LOL, its probably one of my ways of eating round my band.

Think on it though. Had a shocking day yesterday, DH took my car keys to work and I was stuck at home without car or money until 2.30 pm at which point I had to fit the whole day's errands into a few hours, finishing off with the boys at the doctor to get a plaster cast removed from one arm, a couple of flu shot prescriptions and some asthma medication. Although I had a nice leg of lamb in the fridge, it was too late to cook by the time we got home so we had takeaway - fish and chips.

Well firstly I thought they were disgusting, I no longer enjoy battered, fried salty stuff like that, I actually felt nauseous. But I still felt a bit down that I'd had such a horrible dinner - until I realised I'd eaten precisely one dim sim and a bite out of a potato cake, couldnt face the chips. Probably 300 calories.

In my past life that would have been a piece of fried flake, a potato cake and a heaped plateful of chips with extra salt and vinegar. About 1500 calories, lol.

So even though you think you're not doing well breaking those habits, consider the frequency and degree to which you do break out and you'll probably find you've made vast achievements over your previous eating habits.

That's what its all about. Its not about never eating bad foods, its about fitting all things into a balanced diet without going overboard anywhere.

That's it. I have to confess something to y'all.

I admire Jachut and want to be just like here when I grow up. She is the most level headed, logical, laid back, sensible, carefree bandster I know of and I idolize her.

:hail: Jachut

It's funny, I find eating standing up very helpful, too. Usually it happens at dinner in the kitchen. If I'm alone, noone to talk to, I just piddle around, do my thing, and chew chew chew and dinner goes down well. I have trouble when I sit at the table with hubby and kids and there is ALWAYS something to say in that environment! I'll get stuck in a heartbeat then! Sometimes I'll just eat while preparing and sit down with them and nibble, since I have already eaten a good bit already. Or I'll nibble during dinner, then move my plate to the counter and eat while cleaning up. We are all different. All that to say, find what works and what doesn't. If eating slowly is easier while you are busy doing something else, why fight it? Do what works. Find the happy medium.

And empathy is never a wasted lesson! Good for you! Your post made me smile. thanks!

Wait, wasn't I supposed to hit you over the head or something? Here.:) That better?! LOL

That's it. I have to confess something to y'all.

I admire Jachut and want to be just like here when I grow up. She is the most level headed, logical, laid back, sensible, carefree bandster I know of and I idolize her.

:hail: Jachut

I feel the same way. It's sickening. :) :love:

Ah, you're too kind. Bow down to me when I actually get to 70kg, in the meantime I'm just on the journey, same as everyone else.

Actually my "levelheadedness" could just be me rationalising my breakouts, lol.

Just a note to thank everyone for their comments and hugs (and hits on the head). I realize I am my own worst enemy sometimes and am trying to be a bit kinder and patient with myself. I AM making progress and am so grateful for everyone at lapbandtalk for their help and support!