Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

IM struggling I feel really unmotivated and I don't know how to help myself I haven't seen my surgeon in 2mo and I go back in 2 weeks. I don't know how to get back on track I feel depressed I am seeing a new therapist tomorrow. I feel like I made a huge mistake having the surgery. I received my lapband in sept 2010 and have only lost 55 lbs. My therapist says I still eat for comfort. I really have good intentions I just have huge issues with consistency and motivation! If anyone can help with these two things I'd greatly appreciate it thanks

i have been where you are and got myself up to nearly 350

i was not motivated......i could hardly walk (true) and ate myself silly...i was a mere 4 months ago

congrats on the 55 lost. that is super fantastic.

there is no such thing to me, as will power

i believe whole heartly in want power

at one time you wanted this surgery

you wanted to get healthy

you were where i was

we all eat for comfort....or we wont need WLS

today, right now....cut yourself a break

quit thinking of what you havent done but look at what you done

so start over

you can if you want to

i had to bite the bullet......accept the situation and do something about it

so can you, if you want to

but you got to want this so much that you are willing to follow the lap band rules

Protein first

stop eating at a cup of food

leave the high fat, high calorie and processed foods alone

its sooo hard to take that first step

its scary...you think of all the negative things...

so allow me to take that first step for you......

step

ok, your turn....you continue

Hi Irisheyes,

I think the best thing you are doing for yourself is going back to your surgeon and tell him/her of your needs so that they can be met. You have a tool that is functional and in order for it to work you have to help it do its job. It works, and you will have to work with it in order for you to be successful with your weight loss.

Motivation is different for all of us, there are so many reasons why people have weight loss surgery, but overall when it 'really' matters the most is that when we come to the realization how bad our weight has jeopardized our health, mobility, pretty much our entire functionality. For whatever reason we chose to have this surgery, we all can agree its because we want to live!

I personally don't think you made a mistake at all, I believe you want to lose the weight very bad. Going to see a therapist would be a great idea, it may just shed some light on why you keep turning to food for comfort.

Wishing you all the very best!

The two previous posts say it very well. I, too, do not believe you made a mistake. Would you have lost the 55 lbs without the band? You have to work with the band; however, try not to minimize that you have lost with it.

You may also need a fill aside from making better food and portion choices and that could help get you back on track. I am happy to hear you are working with a therapist.

I would urge you to come on this forum daily for support and motivation. Get all/any junk or slider food out of the house and restock with healthier choices. If it isn't there, you can't eat it. There are many great recipes that are still tasty and will not make you feel deprived or that you are eating bland/boring food. I get a sweet tooth here and there (esp. once a month) and I keep sugar free Jello chocolate mouse in the fridge or a skinny cow icecream bar in the freezer. I have my 70-100 calorie indulgence on hand for those moments and don't have to fret about it later.

You can do this!!! You just need to believe in yourself and work with your band not against. Also, try to get out and walk. If you can't outside then go to a local mall and walk, that is so important and will help you feel better about yourself too.

Best wishes to you.

Im not good with words...but I to have been where you are today....

I did it and fallow the rules and Im doing it....and loving life again..

sending hugs.....You CAN do it....