Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sad Is All I Can Say

I failed on several leveld I wish they would take my band out and give me a sleeve has anyone heard of this being done

I'm sure it's not as bad as you think. Give us some more information, maybe we can give you some suggestions that could help. We are here for you.

From the little bit of research I've done on revision surgery from band to sleeve, you can still fail with a sleeve if you don't make proper choices in food. Go to the bottom of this page and click on VerticleSleeveTalk.com. There is a subsection just on band to sleeve revision. Just like band, sleeve surgery is not an obesity cure, it is still up to the individual to make the proper choices to make the band and/or sleeve work.

It's NEVER too late to get back on track... maybe we can help.

What's going on?

Tom, Toronto

Banded July 6 06

Wt. Loss 156 lbs

It is easy to imagine that the grass is greener on the other side. If you have not been successful with your band then the sleeve may seem like the answer to all your prayers. The reality is that if you have learnt how to cheat your band then you will probably do the same with your sleeve. The same rules for healthy eating apply no matter what surgery you have.

I don't know why you think you have failed but if it is because you are snacking and eating candies, chocolate,crisps,milkshakes etc then in all likelihood you will do the same with the sleeve.

You probably need help to discover why you eat what and when you do and you then need strategies to stop the non hungry eating.

if you dont your eating habits with the sleeve or bypass, you wont lose weight either

you have to help yourself for any wls (to work).

If you can try and hook up with a support group in your area. Go back to your doctor and work with them to get back on track.

Tom, Toronto

Banded July 6 06

Wt. Loss: 156 lbs

I moved away from where i had my surgery done bad move, haven't been able to get a fill in over a year and been eating like i never got the band in at all. its just a total mess i lost more weight in the two week liquid diet than i did after my band got put in. i need better food choices and some exercise

I moved away from where i had my surgery done bad move, haven't been able to get a fill in over a year and been eating like i never got the band in at all. its just a total mess i lost more weight in the two week liquid diet than i did after my band got put in. i need better food choices and some exercise

The first thing I'd do is find a new surgeon near you, both to do your fills and guide you. I'd also find a nutritionist near you so they can help you get back on track and establish food guidelines for you to help you lose weight.

It's never too late to start over. Today's a new day, so why not make it good one by taking control and start utilizing your band?

One point that does need to made. You say you wished they'd take out the band and give you the Sleeve. It's very important you realize that if you continue to eat the way that led you to become overweight to begin with, you're not going to successfully lose weight with the Sleeve either. It doesn't matter which WLS you choose, they're just tools not magic fixes for fat, you have to do the work. The biggest part of that work is adapting a healthy way eating and making good food choices for a lifetime- without it no WLS is going to help.

Best wishes to you.

Your peers here tell you the truth. You are NOT guaranteed success in any weight loss surgery if you don't stay in control of your eating habbits now.

Example: My very own brother had Gastric Bypass many years ago when at that time they pulled all of your intenstines out, disected, and placed them back inside. Yes, he lost tons of weight, very fast, looked very ill. Well, over a year into all that he gained every single pound plus!

YOU on the other hand have a 'tool' that can actually help you not only to lose the weight, but to actually keep it off! You must go right back to basics. Since you moved you need to find a surgeon who is local. Set up an appointment and get help right away. You know it works, you see it works, YOU have to HELP it work!

I wish you the best of luck,

I failed on several leveld I wish they would take my band out and give me a sleeve has anyone heard of this being done

Absolutely, all the time. The band is NOT a cure all, cure everything for everyone. Two friends of mine got rid of their bands and got the sleeve. Just as the gastric bypass doesn't work for everyone, neither does the band, but it IS reversible. It is a huge consideration.