Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was banded yesterday and everything went great with the surgery. However, I suffer from Migraines and told I can't take my medication. I have had a killer Migraine for two days, lots of pain at my incisions and I am Starving! Does it get better? Did I just make a huge mistake?!

I had my surgery this past Monday and I'm feeling the same way :( I'm better pain wise but yesterday I took a big gulp of Water the pain was horrible I cried all night I hate the Protein Shakes my mouth is dry n tastes like Protein all the time I feel hungry all the time ... I hate it! I pray to god it gets better :( good luck to the both of us :"(

I just got banded yesterday and I feel so much better than I did yesterday. Although I was starving yesterday, I couldn't eat anything because of the bloated/gas feeling. GET GAS X. That plus my pain medication (lortab oral solution) got me through yesterday. Today I still have a bloated feeling in the center of my breast/start of stomach but I'm able to get liquids down and keep them down. I am finally half way done with a 14oz Protein Shake, after 6 hours...

Hang in there! Everyone's pain tolerance and recovery time is different and from all the responses I've read, it almost always gets better! Good luck you two!

I just got banded yesterday and I feel so much better than I did yesterday. Although I was starving yesterday' date=' I couldn't eat anything because of the bloated/gas feeling. GET GAS X. That plus my pain medication (lortab oral solution) got me through yesterday. Today I still have a bloated feeling in the center of my breast/start of stomach but I'm able to get liquids down and keep them down. I am finally half way done with a 14oz Protein shake, after 6 hours...

Hang in there! Everyone's pain tolerance and recovery time is different and from all the responses I've read, it almost always gets better! Good luck you two![/quote']

Thank you!

Hang in there. It does get better. I promise! I'm 8 days post open and last week was awful. But you'll turn a corner soon. Just Hang In There!

Right now I'm laying on the couch because I took my liquid vitamins too fast and I feel like I'm gonna barf! I'm waiting for it to pass so I can go walking.

Ah, those first few weeks are tough ladies! Your body is still attempting to make sense of your new band and adjust accordingly. Keep in mind that you are in a healing stage, where your body is attempting to heal itself inside and out. I would ask my doctor WHY you can't take your medications. Certain medications do not play well with your new band, BUT there are alternatives that could give you quick relief. Find out if the doctor is concerned about the physical size of your medication OR if the issue is the chemical content. Either way, I feel sure they can rectify your medication issues. Hang in there, because it definitely get better very soon!

Dennis

It is the chemical content that is the problem. They want me to wait a week. I am on liquid loritab, but it just doesn't get rid of the Migraine. I shouldn't complain too much since I do not have any gas pains at all. I think being so hungry is making me feel moody and I really can't get comfortable.

Hang in there! Like Dennis said, it will get better. You did not make a mistake though it may feel like it now. This will pass and your journey will begin.

If the Migraine is too bad, perhaps they can give you a shot to help ease it.

It is the chemical content that is the problem. They want me to wait a week. I am on liquid loritab' date=' but it just doesn't get rid of the Migraine. I shouldn't complain too much since I do not have any gas pains at all. I think being so hungry is making me feel moody and I really can't get comfortable.[/quote']

Hang in there, keep the big picture in mind. This will be over soon, you can and will get through this. Sending big hugs your way!!

Thank you! It is so nice not to feel alone and to have such amazing support:-)

I thought the same thing! I was in so much pain, so sore, I regretted having the surgery I was like what in the hell did I do! Lol but I assure you that it will get better, just try to relax and let your body heal, Protein Shots work the best for me, just shop around and try different ones until you can find some that you can tolerate! Best of luck!

I was banded yesterday and everything went great with the surgery. However' date=' I suffer from Migraines and told I can't take my medication. I have had a killer Migraine for two days, lots of pain at my incisions and I am Starving! Does it get better? Did I just make a huge mistake?![/quote']

I take Tylenol Tension Headache and it helps my migraines. Feel better.

It sure does get better. I had surgery on the 24th and was sick and felt tired. I started to feel better on day 4. Hang in there.

It is the chemical content that is the problem. They want me to wait a week. I am on liquid loritab' date=' but it just doesn't get rid of the Migraine. I shouldn't complain too much since I do not have any gas pains at all. I think being so hungry is making me feel moody and I really can't get comfortable.[/quote']

Just some advice.I have frequent chronic Migraines and when I take hydrocodone it triggers migraines.and or makes an already active migraine worse.. If it doesn't get better go to the hospital for a shot of some strong pain medication.. They always give me phentanol or dilaudid..