Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Im Drowning In These Liquids!

I'm day 5 post op, and I really don't think I can tolerate another day of broth or Jello. I got 2 days to go to phase 2- is it horribly bad for me to have a lil bit of yogurt today? I'm starting to get really hungry.

Advice please

it probably wont hurt you but the dr has you on liquids so your insides can heal

its best to try and follow your dr's instructions the best you can, its just for alittle while longer

you are getting hungry (and it happened to me) because you are healing.

my advice, follow your dr's orders

Just a suggestion...I'm currently on full liquids, and the broths, sorry was not working for me. So i bought some meat (beef), spinach, and sweet potatoes....I seasoned the meat as usual, cooked it, then add my spinach and sweet potatoes with Water and a beef maggie cube, with other preferred seasoning...I let it boil to a consistency of a Protein shake. then I strained it, fed my son the potatoes and meat and all, and I drink the broth...it made me feel like I was drinking my original Soup....was very satisfying....1 cup of my so called "home made broth" was very filling, and it did not feel like I was drinking just fluids to survive, I enjoyed it. but I make sure I drink 2 Protein shakes per day each 30gm of Protein, to ensure I get in my protein, along with my water...

So find some kind of Soup you enjoyed before, make it like you would except with less sodium or oil if you used that, then just drink the broth, cause the broths I purchased at the grocery store were not tasty.....

Adding cottage cheese to Soup, and then throwing it in the blender ups your Protein. We are all on different eating plans, I could go on full liquids 2 days post op. I have been drinking my meals 1 month today, not sure my teeth will tolerate chewing when I finally get to that. Start pureed and blenderized tomorrow!!!

I drink coconut mil mix with coconut Water. Is not really milk and it gives me a full sensation, besided it has a little of Protein.

Remember you took the decision to had surgery because you want to make a change, a real change in your life, and sometimes those requiere a kind fo sacrifice..

Good luck :)

You are just at the starting line of your journey and I can not begin to tell you how great you will feel if you have a victory over hunger/yourself by following the rules.

I swear to God no one ever died by following the plan.. It's just 2 days .

Sure you could do what folks are saying but did you go through all this pre surgery stuff waiting for approval from insurance or shelling out 1000 of dollars to do what you want on day 5???? Think about it?

Hang in there you are almost done, follow your docs orders we want you properly healed and everything perfect. You have the rest of your life to eat :) only two little days to drink :) best wishes ;)

You've done we'll! Yoghurt with no bits in it was part of my liquid phase.