Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

A Newbie..i Need Some Tips And Group Support

Hello all,

I am 7 weeks post op..I feel I am not losing at the rate I would like, and sometimes overnight I feel like I gain 2-3 lbs back. I am going to reboot this week, and start from the beginning and see how it goes. I started back to Protein Shakes this week. So I will keep you posted. Good Luck to everyone!!!

Hello all' date='

I am 7 weeks post op..I feel I am not losing at the rate I would like, and sometimes overnight I feel like I gain 2-3 lbs back. I am going to reboot this week, and start from the beginning and see how it goes. I started back to Protein shakes this week. So I will keep you posted. Good Luck to everyone!!![/quote']

I would recommend measuring everything and counting calories. I use myfitnesspal. It's awesome. Also are you exercising? That is very important for a bandster. You don't have to go to the gym you can take long walks or other activities. Also stick to a cup of food per meal even if your still hungry. Best of luck !

Hi, sorry for the confusion on my part. I am just really unclear about your weight loss history. It states that you have lost 121 lbs since surgery on 8/9/2012.

Can you please elaborate more in detail your weight loss history so that we can be of more help to you.

Thanks,

Hello.. I had my surgery 12/2/2005 and lost 120 lbs.. I went from 240 to 110, and it took me 2 years to lose it. Make sure you are drinking water! I still make sure that i have Water with me at all times. It'll curb your hunger. I also snack pretty much all day long, whether it be nuts or cheese its.. If you have any questions, ask away.. Melanie

thank you!!! I definatley dont drink enough water...so I dusted off my water bottle this am, and will make more of an effort to drink more.. I usually have string cheese for Snacks, and greek yogurt. I drink a Protein Shake in the am, and sometimes I just have a Protein shake at dinner. What does your normal day of food look like??

I would recommend measuring everything and counting calories. I use myfitnesspal. It's awesome. Also are you exercising? That is very important for a bandster. You don't have to go to the gym you can take long walks or other activities. Also stick to a cup of food per meal even if your still hungry. Best of luck !

Yeah I downloaded the "myfitnesspal" but I stopped using it.. I just logged everything for today..also I joined the gym so hopefully with the gym membership, and the weather cooling down I can increase my activity level. I am just wondering what everyone is eating..I think I eat pretty good, but that might change once I actually start logging my meals again. thanks again for your tips!!!

Hi, sorry for the confusion on my part. I am just really unclear about your weight loss history. It states that you have lost 121 lbs since surgery on 8/9/2012.

Can you please elaborate more in detail your weight loss history so that we can be of more help to you.

Thanks,

Thats weird. I have only lost 21lbs. not 121Lbs. Any help would be great.. I see you are doing really well, s you had your surgery 2 weeks before me!!! Congrats.

i would recommend stopping eating at one cup of food

focus on Protein first and then veggies

def stay away from processed, high fat, empty calories.

i dont have any fills (restriction) outside my plication, but i eat like i do.

def Portion Control is key as is believing in yourself to do it and making it happen

I would recommend looking into the "Fitbit;" it is an activity tracker that I find extremely useful to keep me on track. I also use their food tracker and purchased their scale, as it tells bodyfat too. At my 6 month checkup, my psychologist said that bodyfat is more important that the number and to focus on getting to a healthy body fat and not to obsess about a certain goal (like 160).

I would also recommend NOT drinking Protein drinks when you don't need them (ie too tight in the morning time would warrant a drink) because the band is designed to work with solids and not liquids. If you are drinking your meals twice a day, you won't get the benefits of the band.

I would recommend looking into the "Fitbit;" it is an activity tracker that I find extremely useful to keep me on track. I also use their food tracker and purchased their scale, as it tells bodyfat too. At my 6 month checkup, my psychologist said that bodyfat is more important that the number and to focus on getting to a healthy body fat and not to obsess about a certain goal (like 160).

I would also recommend NOT drinking Protein drinks when you don't need them (ie too tight in the morning time would warrant a drink) because the band is designed to work with solids and not liquids. If you are drinking your meals twice a day, you won't get the benefits of the band.

Okay that makes sense about the shakes..I guess I thought since I lost so much in the first week on shakes that it may be a good option for me. I will try to stop focusing on the number on the scale and more about being healthy