Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My Husband Doesnt Understand

Was banded 9/20

Had a week of severe pain

My Dr unfilled my band by 2nd

Because I had severe heartburn

Now in thinking it may have been gas

But I'm starving today and he doesn't understand why

I keep telling him it's not anovernight cure

He making me feel bad for eating sugarfree popsicles and a little yogurt to get my crushed pills down cause they taste horrible

Now I'm so depressed

Didn't think he'd be like this

Guess I'll catch he'll everytime I eat till the weight is off

I guess this it the band he'll I hear everyone talking about !

I'm grateful for all if you who understand

Love you all !!!

Awe :( maybe he needs to go a support group meeting with you. My long term boyfriend and I are doing this together ( I'm first) and at first he wasn't on board. Once he went to a seminar and heard everything, it changed his outlook. My band was done 9/17 and I too was sore the first week. No explanation. Hopefully you will feel better soon and he will become more supportive of your new journey :)

hang in there. it does get better ! Ask your hubby if he had had a root canal, would he want you to be supportive for him ? he should be supporting you 100 %, just as you would do for him if he had any type of surgery. My hubbys 100% support has made this journey alot easier. hope all goes well for you ! you can do this !

Sorry to hear it! Best wishes :)

My advice is to take depressed out your vocabulary. It's unfortunate you have someone going against in you're on home, but you know what your supposed to do. Stay on track. Instead of saying you're depressed. Say you're so motivated because your husband is nagging. Think positive. You can do it. It's nothing wrong with sugar free popsicles.

Depression is a real illness. Not something someone can just "remove from their vocabulary"

I hate food nazis....." Should you be eating thaaaattt?".......ugh wanna punch someone when they say that

Depression is a real illness. Not something someone can just "remove from their vocabulary"

What I think she was talking about here puppypaws was trying to think positive. :) and yes.. hun you should think positive even when I know it is so difficult.. I agree with Gouldie.. good advise there.. try something different.. a different approach.. hopefully he will come to term with a reality of the change.. not something impossible. Nothing happens over night.. it's starts with changes one step at a time! Good luck and stay on the right track.. this is for you.. remmber that. ;)

I hate food nazis....." Should you be eating thaaaattt?".......ugh wanna punch someone when they say that

Lol yep. A good response would be don't worry u won't gain a pound if I eat this.

Sorry you are going through this. From what you wrote you only got your band less than 2 weeks ago. Your job is to be healing, not losing weight right now! Tell that guy of yours that until he becomes a part of the solution, ie- going to support groups, reading the literature, he has not earned the right to comment! Period! My husband refused to go to any of my support sessions pre-op, or read any of the info I received from the doctor. He said he got his info from friends. Hummmm, not good info. Now when he makes comments that are hurtful, harmful, or inaccurate he basically gets blasted by me. He has simply not earned the right to comment. Each time I remind him that his info is not accurate. It took about a month to get him to stop making absurd comments. Keep healing, the weight loss will come!

Was banded 9/20

Had a week of severe pain

My Dr unfilled my band by 2nd

Because I had severe heartburn

Now in thinking it may have been gas

But I'm starving today and he doesn't understand why

I keep telling him it's not anovernight cure

He making me feel bad for eating sugarfree popsicles and a little yogurt to get my crushed pills down cause they taste horrible

Now I'm so depressed

Didn't think he'd be like this

Guess I'll catch he'll everytime I eat till the weight is off

I guess this it the band he'll I hear everyone talking about !

I'm grateful for all if you who understand

Love you all !!!

well first off, being so newly banded, you are still very much healing (and doing exactly what the dr said for you to do in regards to sf popsicles etc). i am very proud of you for that. now as far as him not being supportive, i am sure sorry about that. but keep in mind, you are the one who will be losing weight and getting healthy not him. you are the one doing this for YOU. so do it. do not let anything or anyone get in your way to better health.

people have to eat. you will be eating *less after fills* to lose weight. people have to eat or they will starve. if he starts being an ass because you are eating (leave the situation, leave the room or table).

you are very much stronger than you give yourself credit for.

you did the pre ops, the surgery itself and now the post op. you have the power to let his words/actions or anyone elses affect you. its up to you to put your shoulders back, chin up (high heels on) and hold your head up and say this is me and I am worth it.

if you dont have support at home, come to this forum, we will support you. but support starts with you believing in yourself. I believe in YOU.

I agree with the others. Right now your job is to heal. My husband never had a weight problem so this was never an issue for him but he has been so supportive even more than I could have expected. Soon your husband will see the results and applaud you because this is a very hard thing to do. Hang in there.