Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm going to try cream of wheat with Splenda brown sugar' date=' we will see how it go's. might try a Protein Shake in a bit.[/quote']

I tried a Protein shake yesterday and this morning! I just made 4 oz shakes and I could only finish half of them! Not because they weren't tasty, but because I feel full and bloated 24 hours a day!

I tried a Protein Shake yesterday and this morning! I just made 4 oz shakes and I could only finish half of them! Not because they weren't tasty' date=' but because I feel full and bloated 24 hours a day![/quote']

I couldn't start Protein Shakes until today. I was on Clear Liquids for 48hrs. I just did a shake though and full now. I have no saline in my band to make full though. I think it's all the meds and swelling.

By this time tomorrow I will be on the other side :) I can't wait.

Sent from my iPad using LapBandTalk

Me too girl I am scared and exited but we deserve this and everything will go smooth. Giving up smoking and food at the same time is double the hit but if I can do this I can do anything.

My surgery went well!

How are you feeling? Are you moving around ok?

How are you feeling? Are you moving around ok?

Feeling good! Moving really well,:)

I'm a little nervous from what I've seen on this forum. I am due to have my realize band surgery on Nov 27th. Yes, I have been told to start limiting my calories and have been instructed in what to do in the two days before the surgery. But I wasn't given a very strict liquid diet plan by my nutritionist for the weeks leading up to it. I have just started investigating what Protein Drinks are good and which ones suck so I can try them out. And now I am seeing that other people are drinking two shakes a day then a very limited dinner. I am so worried that I have totally screwed myself on this end of things. Don't get me wrong. I am eating less and losing weight. But I am not at all on even a semi liquid diet and I am only 1 week till surgery. Can anyone clue me on this?

I'm a little nervous from what I've seen on this forum. I am due to have my realize band surgery on Nov 27th. Yes' date=' I have been told to start limiting my calories and have been instructed in what to do in the two days before the surgery. But I wasn't given a very strict liquid diet plan by my nutritionist for the weeks leading up to it. I have just started investigating what Protein drinks are good and which ones suck so I can try them out. And now I am seeing that other people are drinking two shakes a day then a very limited dinner. I am so worried that I have totally screwed myself on this end of things. Don't get me wrong. I am eating less and losing weight. But I am not at all on even a semi liquid diet and I am only 1 week till surgery. Can anyone clue me on this?[/quote']

Apparently every surgeon is different. Mine had me on a two week liquid diet. I've seen some that were on a 5 day and some that were on a 3 day. Don't worry just do what YOUR surgeon says and you'll be fine! :)

How did it go I get banded the 29th

It went great!! On day 4 post op and still a little sore, but not bad. Feel like I'm healing normal. Just can't wait to be back to normal.

Thanks for checking on me!!

Apparently every surgeon is different. Mine had me on a two week liquid diet. I've seen some that were on a 5 day and some that were on a 3 day. Don't worry just do what YOUR surgeon says and you'll be fine! :)

That's reaffirming. I certainly don't recall anyone telling me to get on a liquid diet. I feel like I would have remembered that! It's just with all the hurdles we all have to jump through to get to this point pre-surgery. If I missed something that major I would have felt awful.

I'm a little nervous from what I've seen on this forum. I am due to have my realize band surgery on Nov 27th. Yes' date=' I have been told to start limiting my calories and have been instructed in what to do in the two days before the surgery. But I wasn't given a very strict liquid diet plan by my nutritionist for the weeks leading up to it. I have just started investigating what Protein Drinks are good and which ones suck so I can try them out. And now I am seeing that other people are drinking two shakes a day then a very limited dinner. I am so worried that I have totally screwed myself on this end of things. Don't get me wrong. I am eating less and losing weight. But I am not at all on even a semi liquid diet and I am only 1 week till surgery. Can anyone clue me on this?[/quote']

The diet is just to shrink your liver to make the surgery easier for the surgeon. Ritaroo and me have same diet and surgeon. I'm sure your fine. Some people don't even have a diet. My mother in law only had a week diet like you. Just don't cheat and you can do stricter if you want, that can't hurt, only help.

Best of Luck!!!

Me, too!!

I'm a little nervous from what I've seen on this forum. I am due to have my realize band surgery on Nov 27th. Yes' date=' I have been told to start limiting my calories and have been instructed in what to do in the two days before the surgery. But I wasn't given a very strict liquid diet plan by my nutritionist for the weeks leading up to it. I have just started investigating what Protein drinks are good and which ones suck so I can try them out. And now I am seeing that other people are drinking two shakes a day then a very limited dinner. I am so worried that I have totally screwed myself on this end of things. Don't get me wrong. I am eating less and losing weight. But I am not at all on even a semi liquid diet and I am only 1 week till surgery. Can anyone clue me on this?[/quote']

I am finding all doctors are different so just do whatever your doctor tells you to do. Mine usually puts his patients on a liquid diet prior to surgery, however, I have already lost 25 pounds on my own so I have no special diet.