Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What Is A Typical Day For You?

I really don't eat anything special, just healthy and small portions.

Here's an example what I eat in a day:

Breakast- unjury Protein shake

Lunch- tuna mixed with fat free mayo, on a piece of whole wheat bread, topped with low fat cheese. Toasted in the toaster oven.

Dinner- 4oz pork chop, 1/4 green Beans, 1/4 homemade mashed potatoes

Snack- 1/3 cup low fat cottage cheese

I walk about 2 miles a minimum of 5 days a week, every day if I can.

its simple for me... i eat when i am hungry (stop at 1 cup of food while focusing first on Protein (that is my bodys fuel) veggie and a fruit. if i snack, its gonna be a healthy choice/option. i am very strict with myself. i dont eat processed or fast foods. i take Vitamins and i try to walk as much as my old knees will let me. i am better then i was at surgery time so i feel this band/plication is working for me.

but each of us is different.

alot us different aps track food and exercise while i just use my trusty pink notepad.

best thing i can offer is to remain positive. help the band so it can help you and lastly, follow your doctors orders to the letter. its there for a reason. (to help you lose weight safely).

I try to go to the gym for an hour 5 - 6 days a week. (We have a new wellness center that opened just this week - is is simply AMAZING. Left me speachless when I walked in.) Anyway I vary between and hour of Zumba or Body Pump and if I can't make it to the gym for one of these class' I usually do 45 minutes on the elliptical machine. The first time I got on the elliptical I went 6 minutes and just about died. I can do 45 easy now. Amazing what exercise will do for you. Lots of my aches and pains have gone away and when I have those stints where I don't exercise (sshhhhh) I usually don't lose.

As far as food, I'm a calorie counter. Altho, I do only eat about 1 cup of food at a meal.

Typical

Breakfast : Greek Yogurt

Lunch: salad with leftover protien from night before or I like chicen salad on a piece of toast or with crackers. Once in a while Soup or chili or a lean cusine.

Supper: 3 oz of protien, I don't have problems eating any meat so I eat everything from fish, pork, steak, hamburger, chicken. I always have about 1/2 cup of veggies with my protien and once in a while I will throw in a potato but not always. I also like just my protiens with a really yummy salad loaded with fresh veggies. mmmmmm

When I snack I try to eat a yogurt or cheese sometimes a 100 calorie pack of Cookies or a snackwell protien bar. I also enjoy an occassional 45 cal fudgesicle or a weight watchers dark chocolate raspberry ice cream bar. I only buy them occassionally because when they are in the house i eat one every night till they are gone.

But, like I said, I am a calorie counter. If it fits in my 1200 limit, it's ok.

Best of Luck!

I'm about 3 weeks post op and right now this is how I eat past 2 days (had a slip up with meatballs & Nutella):

Breakfast- Bariatric fusion Protein shake

Lunch- 1 serving better'n eggs with 1/4 cup fat free cheddar cheese on top or cream of wheat packet with unflavored Protein powder in it

Dinner- little jar of stage 2 baby food & later a cottage cheese

Snack- fat free pudding, Greek yogurt, couple tablespoon PB2, or cottage cheese

Just started back at the gym- go about an hour and do elliptical and treadmill, also walk about 45 minutes 5 times a week

For me a normal day is

6 am coffeew/skim milk

8 am Protein bar or greek yogurt w/granola

1 pm cup of salad w/ 3 oz chicken breast strips

3 pm ce;ery w/ hummus...mmmmm so good

8 pm cottage cheese w/ bean salsa

Beans or a salad

10 pm triskit reduced crackers w/ baby bell swiss

I walk every chance I get...my lil ones play pee wee football..and every night as they practice I walk....my hubby even got me a beagal puppy to walk with me..

Lunch- tuna mixed with fat free mayo' date=' on a piece of whole wheat bread, topped with low fat cheese. Toasted in the toaster oven. [/quote']

Tuna melt! Oh I'm having that for lunch tomorrow. Thanks for the idea. :)

Like with meals' date=' exercise, etc? I have my final consult next week and I am so excited!![/quote']

Breakfast- I'll usually scramble an egg and cut up a link of turkey sausage and add some veggies and a laughing cow cheese.

Lunch- usually like a turkey burger ( no bread, some people have no prob with it... It gets stuck with me though) with broccoli slaw.

Dinner- I eat a lot of chilli now. I use ground turkey breast instead and add kidney Beans and black Beans.

Snack- turkey wrapped around a 2% milk string cheese

Also, after my 3rd fill I've noticed I can usually not eat anything when I first wake up. I have to wait a few hours, sometimes I can't eat till like 2. But you can always keep shakes in hand for times like that.

For exercise, I try to do something every day. Mon, wed, fri I walk for an hour on the treadmill.

Tue & sun I try to do mostly toning. Like push up, squats, crunches... Things like that.

Thur and sat I do the elliptical for 20 min and do this circuit training thing they have at my gym.

I work out everyday at least a little because if I don't I get out of the swing. But tue and sun it's small and only like a 20 min workout.

Also... There are some cook books out there called hungry girl cook books by Lisa Lillian ( I think) they have been a total life saver. Let's face it, we all have sweet cravings of sometimes just want some mac and cheese... These books offer healthy alternatives to those. I wouldn't recommend eating it daily because it's mostly prosesed stuff, but if you have a craving... It's better then the regular stuff. :)

A typical day is 1000 calories which I eat in 3 meals and 2 Snacks. I walk a mile or 2 after dinner.< /p>

I use a calorie tracker on my phone and try to drink 64 oz of Water which is the hardest part for me.