Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

San Luis Obispo?

Hi :-)

First of all, if you have a band and are in SLO county and would like community, send me a message. I'd love to connect :-)

Next, I just read online that the Bay Area's famed Dr. Cirangle has an affiliate office in Templeton where fill are given for local patients with bands. Does anyone here have experience with getting fills at this Templeton office?

I had my band placed in CO years ago but have now moved to the Central Coast and am looking for an office where I can have an annual band check up and have adjustments as needed.

What resources are there for WLS or band patients in SLO County?

Thanks!

Annette

Just thought I'd drop in and say hey! I'm originally from SLO! I live in OR now, but frequently visit SLO as my mom still lives there. Good luck finding a doc!

Marci

Thanks Marci!

I moved here to be closer to a family member and have totally fallen in love with this area! The beautiful climate, the beautiful Pacific Ocean, the wide open spaces...I could go on and on.

But...back in Denver and Boulder, Colorado, I had my choice of surgeons within a short drive. Here in SLO, my confirmed choices are to drive 100 miles south or 200 miles north, but my band has been so good to me that it's still worth it :-) I *may* be able to get a fill 45 minutes away in Templeton, but I'm not yet sure.

I wish you luck on your soon-to-begin WLS journey. I hope it helps you live the life of your dreams. :-)

Thanks Marci!

I moved here to be closer to a family member and have totally fallen in love with this area! The beautiful climate, the beautiful Pacific Ocean, the wide open spaces...I could go on and on.

But...back in Denver and Boulder, Colorado, I had my choice of surgeons within a short drive. Here in SLO, my confirmed choices are to drive 100 miles south or 200 miles north, but my band has been so good to me that it's still worth it :-) I *may* be able to get a fill 45 minutes away in Templeton, but I'm not yet sure.

I wish you luck on your soon-to-begin WLS journey. I hope it helps you live the life of your dreams. :-)

I started my wls journey 3 yrs ago! I've now lost 100 lbs. I actually drive 6 hrs roundtrip to see my dr- and I have a clinic about 4 miles from home. Except.....that Medicare paid for my surgery and they only cover Centers of Excellence - and there's only 2 in Oregon (Coos Bay and Eugene. I go to Coos Bay). I wish my dr was only 100 miles away!

Good luck!

Marci

Oh Goodness! I think it's kind of cool that you are required to only go to a Center of Excellence, and yet if it's a long drive away, well, that's not so excellent for you.

Congratulations on shedding 100 pounds! That's a remarkable achievement by any standard.

Warmly and with respect,

Annette

I drive about 50 miles(one way) to my doctor for my fills in Santa Barbara. I'm only 55 minutes(Lompoc)from SLO and I agree the central coast weather is beautiful.

Best wishes

:::peers down the road and waves warmly at Rojasnoll::::

"How cool! I didn't realize we were neighbors. I was glad to hear that there are TWO band surgeons in Santa Barbara and had planned to go there for check ups and fills. But then I heard that a Bay Area surgeon (Cirangle) drives down to Templeton to give fills to SLO County patients. That's about an hour closer to me than SB so I'm hoping I'll be able to go there- have been waiting two days for a return phone call. I was THRILLED to find out yesterday that my new insurance is willing to cover fills even though I was banded years ago with a different insurance. Anyway, thanks for letting me know that you're nearby and get your fills in beautiful SB."

Hmm... I just learned that if a "P" is right next to a colon ":" they combine here as an emoticon sticking its tongue out. Okay, good to learn that. Won't make that mistake that again.

Also, Rojasanol, I left out a letter of your username, sorry. As you know, I'm new here but learning more every day.

Marci,

I'm in Oregon too and there are two centers of excellence in Portland- legacy weight management institute and Oregon weight loss surgery. Not sure If these help or not.

Marci,

I'm in Oregon too and there are two centers of excellence in Portland- legacy weight management institute and Oregon weight loss surgery. Not sure If these help or not.

Thanks, but I'm almost 6 hrs from Portland. I'm about as South as you can get and still be in OR (Medford)! About 20 mins from the Ca border. They must've recently opened them, as when I was looking for Centers of Excellence 3 yrs ago, I only found 2 - one in Coos Bay and one in Eugene. Didn't know there were anymore. Nice to know a fellow ORegonian! Just moved here 3 yrs ago from VA and I LUV it here! I luv that when you go to the store and buy something for $1, that's what it costs (no sales tax!). And I luv how they pump your gas for you. When we go to Ca to visit family quite often, I forget, wait in my car for an eternity and then realize no ones coming to pump my gas!

Thanks for the info!

Marci