Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Omg Just Got A Call !!!!

Saying I have sleep apnea who waits this long to let me know my surgery is Monday !!!! I'm devestated !!! Now what?? They say I need a machine for surgery day!!! What? Has this ever happen to anyone here???????

hey i had my surgery a yr n a half ago ! i had the same thing ! i needed to take my machine to the hospital with me but i didnt cauee i didnt get it like til a week later !

you can rent the machine from a place off 1960 .. it wasn't that much either. i just went there and got fitted with a mask and a machine. it was $50 a month and i kept the machine 1 month! i might go back and get it again because im sure the sleep apnea didn't just go away after the surgery.

the reason for the machine is because you will be on pain meds and they dont want you to NOT breathe. I get it.

Don't get discouraged. I can't remember the name of the place, but if you want me to look, i know i still have some of that paper work at home.

you can rent the machine from a place off 1960 .. it wasn't that much either. i just went there and got fitted with a mask and a machine. it was 50 a month and i kept the machine 1 month! i might go back and get it again because im sure the sleep apnea didn't just go away after the surgery.

the reason for the machine is because you will be on pain meds and they dont want you to NOT breathe. I get it.

Don't get discouraged. I can't remember the name of the place' date=' but if you want me to look, i know i still have some of that paper work at home.[/quote']

Yes please!!! They told they called in a prescription for it that someone was going to call me....but I was thinking what if they dont I'm Loosing valuable time!

hey i had my surgery a yr n a half ago ! i had the same thing ! i needed to take my machine to the hospital with me but i didnt cauee i didnt get it like til a week later !

Did they do your surgery any way?

i dont know if True Results will do it .. they made sure i had my machine, but didnt use it now that i think about it. it was more so they knew i would have it at home.

man.. i am struggling for the name of the place .. it is down 290 .. off 1960 ... second light .. on the right after the chase bank i believe. i will look for the name and number when i get home!

i am not sure you can get the machine this weekend and have it for monday. .. what else did they tell you?

i dont know if True Results will do it .. they made sure i had my machine' date=' but didnt use it now that i think about it. it was more so they knew i would have it at home.

man.. i am struggling for the name of the place .. it is down 290 .. off 1960 ... second light .. on the right after the chase bank i believe. i will look for the name and number when i get home!

i am not sure you can get the machine this weekend and have it for monday. .. what else did they tell you?[/quote']

They told me that they had called the sleep study place and sand over a prescription that I should get a call soon.....if I didn't hear from any one to call back tomorrow

So I don't need it to have the surgery right?

stay on top of it! call again in the morning. then call again. i think you might get the same place they sent me! let me know! i am heading home.. will post info when i find it!

stay on top of it! call again in the morning. then call again. i think you might get the same place they sent me! let me know! i am heading home.. will post info when i find it!

Ok thanks so much

they pst poned my surgery till I got a machine then I brought it in with me and never had to use it csuse I didnt have to stsy the night. Get more info

they pst poned my surgery till I got a machine then I brought it in with me and never had to use it csuse I didnt have to stsy the night. Get more info

Thanks for the info .... That makes no sense to me! Make me get a machine if I'm not going to use it ....another lady was telling me she didn't get the machine until a week later and still had her surgery ..... But will see what happens tomorrow hoping they will call me!

I would think that if you absolutely needed it for surgery, the hospital you're having your band placed in would supply it. They have respiratory depts that have every breathing machine known to man. If you're spending the nite (like I did), they can supply you with a CPAP machine for the night stay.

Good luck!

Marci

the cpap machine is for you to use when you are at home.

just think about it.. you are still on medicine that makes you sleepy .. if no one is right next to you to make sure you are breathing .. what happens if you dont breathe.

i found the info... monitor medical is the name of the company they had call me... they lady there was really nice and helped me .. im sure they will refer you to them too ...

their number is 281-970-5550 ...

call your patient advocate first thing in the morning... mine was cindy .. she was really informative and helpful and made this set back not a stress for me.

the cpap machine is for you to use when you are at home.

just think about it.. you are still on medicine that makes you sleepy .. if no one is right next to you to make sure you are breathing .. what happens if you dont breathe.

i found the info... monitor medical is the name of the company they had call me... they lady there was really nice and helped me .. im sure they will refer you to them too ...

their number is 281-970-5550 ...

call your patient advocate first thing in the morning... mine was cindy .. she was really informative and helpful and made this set back not a stress for me.

Thanks! You are so helpful and yes! Cindy Is my advocate too! Thanks for all the info!