Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok...whats The Deal!!

But you need to explain when telling ppl its not to help you feel full by what you mean. Not full like before surgery full. And you should explain that its a lot of self control also, not just that the band doesnt help with anything. You make it sound like the band is there not even to help you. Just saying a lot of people are gettung the wrong idea of the band when things are properly explained.

Sorry Kami...but it's not Missy's responsibility to educate others...she shares what she has learned in an effort to help others. That's the purpose of an open forum...to share information and best practices.

What is written is subject to your own interpretation...your mileage may vary...

At a glance, I think they are both saying the same thing. Kami is just getting stuck on the word full/restriction or the feeling of "satiated" versus feeling of full....as the way we feel full before.

Bottom line restriction makes you feel satiated (or a FORM of full feeling or a satitisfied feeling) which causes you to eat less.

End of story !

Straight from lapband.com

How it works

Without any stomach cutting or stapling, the LAP-BAND ® System reduces your stomach’s capacity, restricting the amount of food you are able to eat at one time. Plus, you feel full faster and stay full longer, so you wind up eating less.

I have the feeling that Allergan hasn't updated the patient info material published here in quite some time, because according to my Allergan rep, the passage that you quoted is no longer part of their Lap-Band benefit statements.

ajtx--Everyone has their own definition of what "full" means just like everyone's doctor have different diet plans

girlfriend said what i was thinking after reading this thread.

as long as one is losing weight and following the dr's instructions, does it really matter what anyone says?

no, not really. we all got opinions and ideas and since

we are all different, just do what works for you. that is

what i am doing.

Not trying to scare you (as this may not be the issue at all) but it is a possibility that there is a leak in your tube. Since your doctor didn't do the fill under florascopy (most likely anyway) there is a risk there is a leak there which is why you feel no difference.

Again' date=' I'm not saying this is it....but it is a possibility. Just rather you be informed either way.

P.S. With all the trial and error that the Doctors due (to try to find your port during a fill) it seems common sense that the port tubing could get accidentally pricked in the process. Hence...causing people to lose their fill and no one would know until the next fill (because the fill wasn't done under florascopy).[/quote']

Trial and error to find a port for the fill????

Wow. I hope mine found it right, cause I was in the office all of 15 minutes..and she felt my stomach, got the needle prepared, asked me to lie down , lift my legs- felt the port and in it went. No trial and errors! Thank the good lord!!!

quick, little pinch and I had worried for nothing.

When I hear others getting poked and proded..that scares me.

Not trying to scare you (as this may not be the issue at all) but it is a possibility that there is a leak in your tube. Since your doctor didn't do the fill under florascopy (most likely anyway) there is a risk there is a leak there which is why you feel no difference.

Again, I'm not saying this is it....but it is a possibility. Just rather you be informed either way.

P.S. With all the trial and error that the Doctors due (to try to find your port during a fill) it seems common sense that the port tubing could get accidentally pricked in the process. Hence...causing people to lose their fill and no one would know until the next fill (because the fill wasn't done under florascopy).

Hey, dude - be careful when you throw the word "leak" around. While it's possible (but not likely) that the needle pierced the tubing, or that it completely missed the port, the more likely explanation is described below.

Fills (especially first fills) don't necessarily yield instant restriction. A fill isn't like putting coins in a vending machine, hitting the button for restriction, and pulling out your very own bottle of restriction. Even a fill done under fluoroscopy is just a snapshot of the band and stomach. It often takes more than one fill to achieve optimal restriction, and I've had fills that took 2 weeks to kick in.

If I came to this forum pre banded and read that the band does not make you full, it satiate you, I do not know if I would have made this commitment, when I first read this being stated I really wanted to chime in but over the last few weeks it really does appear that there is certain "click" here and didn’t really want to be crucified ....Through my entire journey every professional has used the word "FULL" even when I go in for fills, they ask if I feel FULL between meal?......... all I know is that I just ate my 1/2 cup of lunch and I am "FULL” as hell and if I ate another bite I will puke. just sayin ...it is what it is

As far as the band leak they are not always found using fluro, I had two fills done with fluro and I had to have a Porta Gram done before they found mine but mine was in the port itself.

well, i dont know if i am in that (click you referred to) but i guess i could be and if i am

i hereby name it the lapband click

but i have said many times that i am full after eating

so if someone is satiate or full or whatever, so be it. who cares what word is used......

as long as it works.

and speaking from experience, you would be crucified on OH not this forum.

As the Lap-Band Queen and World's Greatest Living Expert on Everything, I hereby command that everyone participating in this thread abandon the bickering and move on to something more constructive.

Pretty please, with Splenda on top?

As the Lap-Band Queen and World's Greatest Living Expert on Everything, I hereby command that everyone participating in this thread abandon the bickering and move on to something more constructive.

Pretty please, with Splenda on top?

yes momma :)

i will go off now in my own special way...to princess land..

As the Lap-Band Queen and World's Greatest Living Expert on Everything' date=' I hereby command that everyone participating in this thread abandon the bickering and move on to something more constructive.

Pretty please, with Splenda on top?[/quote']

Yes, I agree...I thought to myself "what did I start"...everyone has their own opinions and I can appreciate that. I know that all drs do things differently. I wouldn't say one was more right than the other just that everyone is different.

As the Lap-Band Queen and World's Greatest Living Expert on Everything' date=' I hereby command that everyone participating in this thread abandon the bickering and move on to something more constructive.

Pretty please, with Splenda on top?[/quote']

I love splenda. Lol

Had my 1st fill yesterday and was given 5ccs and I feel no different' date=' food and Water go down the same way as if I didn't have the band. No restriction whatsoever.[/quote']

I just received my band 9/20/12.

I just received my band 9/20/12.

Went yesterday to the dr and was given another 4ccs, this time I feel restriction...I go back in 4 weeks for another fill.