Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok...whats The Deal!!

But you need to explain when telling ppl its not to help you feel full by what you mean. Not full like before surgery full. And you should explain that its a lot of self control also, not just that the band doesnt help with anything. You make it sound like the band is there not even to help you. Just saying a lot of people are gettung the wrong idea of the band when things are properly explained.

The band is there to help you, and I say exactly what it's supposed to do. Keep you feeling satisfied on less food for longer periods of time.

I'm sorry but it's not my job to educate and coddle everyone. I give the short version of the facts as they are needed, I have a life and don't have hours to spend with every redundant question that's posted a dozen times a day.

People are not getting the wrong idea, they're getting the facts. Facts that could save them from being one of the many people who suffer avoidable slips from misusing their bands. It's not my problem if you or anyone else doesn't like it or chooses to ignore it.

Not trying to scare you (as this may not be the issue at all) but it is a possibility that there is a leak in your tube. Since your doctor didn't do the fill under florascopy (most likely anyway) there is a risk there is a leak there which is why you feel no difference.

Again' date=' I'm not saying this is it....but it is a possibility. Just rather you be informed either way.

P.S. With all the trial and error that the Doctors due (to try to find your port during a fill) it seems common sense that the port tubing could get accidentally pricked in the process. Hence...causing people to lose their fill and no one would know until the next fill (because the fill wasn't done under florascopy).[/quote']

The dr used the florascopy and I could see the needle and Fluid go into it, so I am sure it was done ok. She also had the pa there as well. Maybe it's just too soon to tell. I go back in 4 weeks for a 2nd fill.

But you need to explain when telling ppl its not to help you feel full by what you mean. Not full like before surgery full. And you should explain that its a lot of self control also, not just that the band doesnt help with anything. You make it sound like the band is there not even to help you. Just saying a lot of people are gettung the wrong idea of the band when things are properly explained.

To be honest...I didn't get that she was saying that in her post at all.

missy has lost 150 pounds and its working

its working for me and others also

from my dr, the band will help one eat less (esp after fills start)

and therefore lose weight

the band will not make one not hungry or stop cravings

the person must use common sense in eating healthy foods and portion control

until the person is at max restriction

the person can eat around the band, they can ignore the full signs and also drink

with meals and keep on eating.

eat with the band. if you dont have any restriction

(eat like you do).

missy offers sound advice

people can either take it or leave it

i choose to take it

I'm new

Banded 9/20

When I drink it feels like pressure In the middle of my chest

When you eat solid food is it an uncomfortable pressure in your chest ?

Do you feel full on the belly or higher up ?

I'm new

Banded 9/20

mainly because you are still swollen. and maybe drinking too fast, you must sip and sip

(like sipping a apple martini)

missy has lost 150 pounds and its working

its working for me and others also

from my dr' date=' the band will help one eat less (esp after fills start)

and therefore lose weight

the band will not make one not hungry or stop cravings

the person must use common sense in eating healthy foods and Portion Control

until the person is at max restriction

the person can eat around the band, they can ignore the full signs and also drink

with meals and keep on eating. eat with the band. if you dont have any restriction

(eat like you do).

missy offers sound advice

people can either take it or leave it

i choose to take it[/quote']

I quoted u since it was on same topic. Not speaking directly to u. :)

This site should be taken as a public place. And each person's thought should be respected. We are regular people going through the same thing. If you don't agree with a post skip over it. Don't tell them what or how or they should explain it because you feel they are giving misinformation to the people. Are you the voice for the people? If u didn't get it then u didn't get it. Doesn't mean the people didn't understand the message. Im really shocked to see slightly hostile posts. Calm down folks. Sip slow, chew longer, and move your body a little more. We will slim down together!!

What Mis is saying is correct- the band is not meant to create that full feeling you expect, it is meant to satisfy you on less food which does not mean full. It requires careful thought about hungry vs not hungry, which is the goal. If you are trying to feel full, then you are misusing the band.

I'm new

Banded 9/20

I was also banded on 9/29... I have pains, not sure if its gas... But I let a lot of gas out.. But pains below my rib cage on the left side... I keep my hand there constantly, apply pressure, but its do tender... Hopefully it's just a side effect from the surgery

I'm only in liquids and I can't imagine eating anything feeling like this

How are you feeling?

Straight from lapband.com

How it works

Without any stomach cutting or stapling, the LAP-BAND ® System reduces your stomach’s capacity, restricting the amount of food you are able to eat at one time. Plus, you feel full faster and stay full longer, so you wind up eating less.

In other post she has said its not made to make you feel restricted. So idk where she is getting her info. For someone who doesnt have the time to explain her answer to someones question then why take the time to answer. But whatever.

In other post she has said its not made to make you feel restricted. So idk where she is getting her info. For someone who doesnt have the time to explain her answer to someones question then why take the time to answer. But whatever.

Why are u so hostile?

I'm not hostile at all i just dont think someone should be giving half a.. answer. People are on here asking for advice and not even getting the proper answer. If you cant answer the right way why take the time to answer at all. But oh well.

I'm not hostile at all i just dont think someone should be giving half a.. answer. People are on here asking for advice and not even getting the proper answer. If you cant answer the right way why take the time to answer at all. But oh well.

Kami,

Everyone has their own definition of what "full" means just like everyone's doctor have different diet plans. One could even argue that you are quoting from one manufacture of the band and the other manufactures definitions of what the band will do might be different.

Bottom line is define full feeling as you wish, the band is only a tool and like any tool if it is not used correctly it is useless. We have to manage our eating in order to be successful. We need to support each other in this journey and that is what Missy is doing. She has been very successful with the band and has graciously shared her experiences with us. For that I am grateful.

I'm not giving a half answer. Did you even bother to read the link I posted earlier? Heck, have you ever even researched the topic from actual medical sources not just anecdotal evidence on forums? Because I have extensively and I bend over backwards to pass that knowledge onto others who may be struggling here.

I'm sorry you're so stuck on the word "full" but I prefer not to mislead people.

I have no idea why you're so defensive, especially when you're wrong. Get over it.