Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I've Been Hungry! Will I Stretch My Pouch?

It wasn't stuck I think it was because I had eaten carbs today and I normally do not eat carbs. It was not a stuck feeling because I could drink Water 45 minutes after my meal. I just felt different' date=' maybe I ate too quickly and too much with food that expanded.[/quote']

Try the LB rule - take a small bite(baby spoon size) put your utensil down, chew slowly and savor that bite. Wait 1 min before another bite. Be done in 20-30 mins whether there's still food on your plate or not. Done. See how that goes!

Glad you're sticking to better carbs. There's a lot of good fruit & veggies that give you the good carbs. It can also take quite a few fills to give you the restriction you need. Hang in there, it's a learning process! Sounds like you're doing great!

Ditto to what others have said, you're in the early stages and what you're experiencing us normal. I know if I eat white bread it gives me a slump so if I do eat it now its the healthier carbs. Drink lots if Water as the more you drink the more it flushes you're system and helps with Fluid retention.

And yes sounds like you need another fill and will keep needing them till your band is where it needs to be to be in the greenzone. It will take multiply fills, some are luckily and don't need any or only a few, we are all different.

My nutritionist also said if I'm waking hungry that's also a sign for another fill.

Thanks guys!

I have another question. I know there is no 'normal weight loss' and everyone is different...but what did everyones weight loss look like at 6.5 weeks out? I am down 29.6 lbs...is this average? I am just starting to increase and get into a solid exercise routine. Does the weight come off slower in the months to come?

Thank you guys so much...you are SO much more helpful than the people @ Obesity Help....I had to stop going to that forum site because they are so negative.

LOL! Been there, done that!

Thanks guys!

I have another question. I know there is no 'normal weight loss' and everyone is different...but what did everyones weight loss look like at 6.5 weeks out? I am down 29.6 lbs...is this average? I am just starting to increase and get into a solid exercise routine. Does the weight come off slower in the months to come?

Average weight loss with the band is 1-2 lbs/week. That average includes people who lose a lot faster, people who lose nothing, and people who gain weight.

My weight loss was very uneven (down, down, up, down, up, down, down, etc. etc.), but it did start slowing down as I got closer to my goal weight. That's due to several reasons, perhaps the #1 being that we burn more calories when we're heavier and less calories as we get lighter.

One thing that affects my weight to this very day is sodium intake. I can gain 5 lbs overnight from that, and depending on what was on top of that pizza, it could be extremely high in sodium. Drinking a lot of Water helps get stored Fluid flushed out.

before being banded,i was swollen ALL the time...was on 2 Water pills...morning,noon and night...hot weather,cold weather...nothing mattered....i was on a 10 day liquid diet pre op,it wasnt until my 8th day,that i saw a reduction in the swelling of my hands and feet!!! nutritionist said it was because of all those yrs of eating the wrong foods,it takes awhile to get all the toxins and salt out of the system.

that being said,i am 22 days post op,and i have not had swollen ankles since right before surgery...i guess im doing something right!