Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Maddy I've read several of your post... Why are you becoming so hostile? Relax...

Sorry, Trolls piss me off

I have had my band almost 2 years and only my spouse and 2 best friends know. I didn't want to deal with people's judgement. I'm a nurse and nurses are horribly cruel to each other when it comes to elective surgery.

I have had my band almost 2 years and only my spouse and 2 best friends know. I didn't want to deal with people's judgement. I'm a nurse and nurses are horribly cruel to each other when it comes to elective surgery.

really wow, the nurses at the hospital were really nice to me. nurses who had came in to congratulate me. what i meant by not ready for the world to know because i saw you could link Facebook to it. even if the world knew it wouldnt bother me. if i over eat i get fat not them. if they over eat they get fat not me. my health my choice.

post-204668-13813134339004_thumb.gif

[ATTACH]24780[/ATTACH]

Before surgery I lost 30lbs

post-204668-13813134338898_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]24779[/ATTACH]

Me at my heaviest 345lbs

My bully inspired me to post pics. I was nervous about someone finding out from the site. I'm not ashamed. This is me!! I decided to have the lapband surgery for me!!

post-343832-1381314035046_thumb.jpg

post-343832-13813140350811_thumb.png

Omg, weird!!

Im a nurse too, my coworkers didn't want me to gave wls. But they dont understand since they are thin. They did change their minds and provided me support as long as i didn't get gastric bypass. We see the prs who come back with complications.

The band I felt was safer. That's why I picked it.

Nope nurses are generally not supportive of this kind of stuff. Being a patient is different then a coworker. I worked with mostly obese nurses at the time and the remarks I heard them make to 2 other coworkers about their WLS was just horrible. I wasn't obese but I was overweight and I can imagine the things that would be said. My health, my decision, and my privacy. I changed jobs right before my actual surgery date and no one knows to this day. In the end it is our journey and if we want to be discrete then we can. My best friend also had lapband and she told everyone but she has not been successful (weighs more now then the day she had surgery) and she gets a lot of judgement from people.

Im not embarrassed to tell anyone, just feel it's nobody's business and I chose to tell who I wanted. I only told 2 of my close friends and my mother and 2 of my sisters. I trust no one from work!!!

Im not embarrassed to tell anyone, just feel it's nobody's business and I chose to tell who I wanted. I only told 2 of my close friends and my mother and 2 of my sisters. I trust no one from work!!!

I haven't even told my parents. Sometimes people aren't supportive of these types of decisions and we have to protect ourselves.

Nope nurses are generally not supportive of this kind of stuff. Being a patient is different then a coworker. I worked with mostly obese nurses at the time and the remarks I heard them make to 2 other coworkers about their WLS was just horrible. I wasn't obese but I was overweight and I can imagine the things that would be said. My health' date=' my decision, and my privacy. I changed jobs right before my actual surgery date and no one knows to this day. In the end it is our journey and if we want to be discrete then we can. My best friend also had lapband and she told everyone but she has not been successful (weighs more now then the day she had surgery) and she gets a lot of judgement from people.[/quote']

Yea I can see how being patient and coworker would be different.

When I first started this post I didn't have a pic up or information on me. I was afraid of someone seeing me on this site and then spreading the news. People on here called me fake and I was lying so it inspired me to show myself. This is me. Im not ashamed.....

Some of my family members teased me the day begore the surgery when I was on liquid diet. I was shocked. My family teases a lot but I didn't expect it. It didn't bother me though. My choice was for me, and my future. I had a coworker that people said she had the surgery but I never believed. Now knowing info I can believe it because she has a bad skin color. She ate whatever. She was larger than me when I was at my heaviest. She prob had surgery but didnt do right and definately didn't take Vitamins.

Yea I can see how being patient and coworker would be different.

When I first started this post I didn't have a pic up or information on me. I was afraid of someone seeing me on this site and then spreading the news. People on here called me fake and I was lying so it inspired me to show myself. This is me. Im not ashamed.....

Some of my family members teased me the day begore the surgery when I was on liquid diet. I was shocked. My family teases a lot but I didn't expect it. It didn't bother me though. My choice was for me, and my future. I had a coworker that people said she had the surgery but I never believed. Now knowing info I can believe it because she has a bad skin color. She ate whatever. She was larger than me when I was at my heaviest. She prob had surgery but didnt do right and definately didn't take Vitamins.

Poo poo on those that judge. We are all going through this difficult battle together and as we know this wasn't the easy way out. I know my bestie gets her band too tight (thinking tight means weight loss), eats ice cream, and drinks enormous cokes instead of food. I have tried to talk to her a little but she is in denial about it so until she is ready to fight for her own health then there is nothing that will change. When i would casually mention getting WLS I would be judged on the other end with "you don't look big enough to have WLS" and I was a low BMI band patient but what people didn't see is that I was spending 10 hours per weeks at the gym to maintain being overweight. I tore my joints, feet, and emotional health up fighting this fight. So I knew I needed to make a change because if not when I got to a point I couldn't work out so much what would happen? So it was a personal choice and overall I am happy but I have struggled like anyone else.

I haven't even told my parents. Sometimes people aren't supportive of these types of decisions and we have to protect ourselves.

You're right some people just don't understand. All I know, is that I needed this for my own health. The weight i have lost so far has boosted my energy and can't wait for all the other health issues to get back in control.

I gave up sodas some years ago when I had a scare with diabetes. I stopped drinking sugar drinks and never had a problem. I was hooked on diet sodas. knowing that i couldnt drink after surgery i gave them up 3 months ago. when i go out to dinner with my family seeing them drink coke makes me shake my head but i dont say anything. they can pick on me all they want about eating little. im losing weight and they are gaining. i could pick on them but i wouldnt do that. i feel sad about my cousins because they are where i was at a young age overweight and i know because their mother isnt enforcing a change they will not change. soon they will be out of highschool and the weight will grow and they will be overweight adults. they are living the same story i had. my choice for wls was for me and for my unborn kids. i dont want them to be overweight.