Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm not ashamed of my decision for lapband but not sure if I'm ready for the world to know.....

I go back to my warehouse job in 3 weeks. Since I've been home I've lost about 3 or 4 lbs. Nothing noticeable. But hmm will it be in 3 weeks? Lol.

It was really important that I lost weight before the surgery. Which I lost 30 lbs. I didn't want to start dropping all of a sudden. But oh well. Nothing really I'm worried about just a thought.

It's feels so good to be awaken from the spell....of McDonald's...Taco Bell... And other fast food cravings. I was a diet soda junkie. I've been clean for 3 months. I quit early because there wasnt a point in stringing it along when I couldn't have soda after band.

I'm so excited for this new life. I have been re-birth. Eating baby food to prove it. Lol.

Whether you tell anyone or not is a personal decision we all make.

Even if your co-workers notice and say anything , all you have to say is, why yes I'm losing weight, thanks for noticing I've been working very hard to eat healthy.

Only tell if you want to.

I am the same as you, not embarrassed but not ready for everyone to know. I need to figure out my new life first before bringing people into it.......and needing to explain it to them.

Truth is I'm making better choices and eating less. I listen to my body and stop eating when I'm no longer hungry.

I am 2+ yrs with the band. There are many people who do not know. I am not embarrassed. I have worked for every lb that i have lost ( and some that I have not lol). Just yesterday I have a friend who actually asked me "you didn't get the band did you?" Before i can speak she went into a tiraid about how bad it is. I told her to not speak about what she has no knowledge about. I did not ever say yes it because people like that are opinionated and will never listen and it is not necessary for me to have to defend myself. The people who know and mostly who I surround myself with are the ones that are most supportive.

Wendy

am glad you are doing so well and def nothing to be ashamed of in making oneself healthy

but, please tell me you are not eating babyfood (adults eat adult foods)

also, how are you with eating since you were banded 6 days ago? are you taking it easy?

remember you are still newly banded and need to heal and not rush things.

please note the band will help you eat less (esp after fills) so those cravings (taco bell, mickey d's) will still be there

we can eat what we want but in smaller amounts. its up to us to make good food choices.

am glad you are doing so well and def nothing to be ashamed of in making oneself healthy

but, please tell me you are not eating babyfood (adults eat adult foods)

also, how are you with eating since you were banded 6 days ago? are you taking it easy?

remember you are still newly banded and need to heal and not rush things.

please note the band will help you eat less (esp after fills) so those cravings (taco bell, mickey d's) will still be there

we can eat what we want but in smaller amounts. its up to us to make good food choices.

I'm saying baby food cause of the liquids. I will officially be on puree tomorrow.

I told my family and couple of close friends. of course some didnt agree. It doesnt bother me that they dont agree. I made this choice for me. I dont have any diseases or sickness but weighing over 300 pounds and approaching 30 I know it was soon to come and losing weight would become harder. Ive been over weight since 5 years old. I dont want my kids going through that. If im eating a certain way, my kids will have to eat that way.

I'm not ashamed of my decision for lapband but not sure if I'm ready for the world to know...

It's feels so good to be awaken from the spell....of McDonald's...Taco Bell... And other fast food cravings. I was a diet soda junkie. I've been clean for 3 months. I quit early because there wasnt a point in stringing it along when I couldn't have soda after band.

I'm so excited for this new life. I have been re-birth. Eating baby food to prove it. Lol.

Disney nut good luck on your surgery!!!

Sorry...I haven't gotten the hang of quoting yet!

I love what you say about awaking from the spell of fast food cravings! I know just what you mean.

As far as telling people, my mantra is "You can't UN-tell someone." It has helped me keep my mouth shut about many things through the years.

I am not ashamed about my surgery, but I also don't wish to share what I feel is a personal decision that I arrived at after much thought, prayer, and research. I don't need to hear negative reactions from misinformed people who feel that I've taken the "easy" way out. (Ha!)

Before you tell a person, think about what their reaction may be...AND the reaction of anyone they will tell, because news of your surgery will spread.

My family they come around and so oh you cant have this... no i dont want that. lol. I lost weight on the pre-op diet because i was staying under a certain amount of cals a day. before i would go out i would look up nutritional value and make my meal choice based on that. if i went to burger king i would get whopper jr without mayo and value size onion rings. that meals is under 500. having the surgery isnt an easy way out. its more responsibility.

I am not ready to let everyone know about my wls. My close friends and family only know. I know ppl will pass judgement, its not easy even with wls to lose weight.

What does wls stand for?

I'm almost 3 months out from surgery and have lost 49 pounds and in the last weeks, it seems everyone is finally noticing my Weightloss and commenting or asking what im doing. I simply say that I'm eating less and moving more , which is the truth! ;)

I'm not ashamed but I just don't want to deal with judgy people so a few key friends and my family know because they r supportive. Other than that, no one needs to know.

Yea. My mom just asked what I will tell people. I told her I would say that I'm eating less and working out. Which is truth.

I hate that I have to keep my dad in the dark. He would say he respects my choice but thinks I could've did it without surgery. Truth I know I could lose weight without surgery. But realistically I wouldn't have be able to keep it off.