Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Emotional Eater Needing Help!

I have had a horrible day!!! My 5 year old ended up going by ambulance to the hospital because she fell and hit the back of her head on the gym floor and passed out in my arms! Thankfully there was an emt there. But anyhow, I am an emotional eater and would normally shut myself in a room by myself with a bag of M&M's or some other chocolate candy. But I am on day 6 of my preop diet and trying to stay strong, but I am struggling!!!

Btw... She is doing okay but has a concussion.

oh my gosh

i am so happy the baby is fine :)

now, we all struggle with wanting to eat when things are stressful

i know that was the case for me

food made me feel better, it doesnt laugh at me or ask a million questions...

i would suggest giving yourself a time out

take a bubble bath

grab a good book

drink a Protein shake if you feel you need to eat

but stay true to yourself

you are way more stronger than you give yourself credit for

hang in there

I am too but I always feel worse after I eat the stuff! Hang in there and keep your eye on the prize :). Glad your daughter is okay!! That's most important!! :)

Glad your daughter is OK and glad that she got speedy treatment. Well done on nut munching your way through the emergency - that would have been hard.

So happy your baby is ok. I know exactly what your going through. My Granddaughter has been through so many surgeries and I deserved those ------ fill in the blank, for having to deal with it.

All I can say is think about being there for her in the long run. When she needs mom's help with her own children. It doesn't get easier as you age, it's much harder. You have to get control now.

I'd say have your M&M's, you deserve it. Just make it a single serving bag, not a half pounder, and slowly enjoy them one by one . Eat them like we're suppose to eat our food 1 per minute.

I know most people won't agree, but maybe they haven't been there & done that.

sending a hug...one for the worrying you must have gone through ...happy she is ok....and another hug because I to know how hard it is to get emotional eatting under control...I think maybe if you force yourself to write it down....just for you to see...and that might give you that moment to think befor you pop it in your mouth....You can do this....but we all know its hard work....were here for you...

So glad your baby is okay and kudos to you, instead of giving in to the emotional eating you got on LBT and posted. Hugs all around! I am sooo proud of you. You are one step closer to beating this demon. We are all here for you.

What a horrible day! Nothing is worse than worrying about a sick or injured child. I am so sorry she has a concussion! Poor little dear. I hope she has a good night. My son's school is soooo strict about concussions now. There is all kinds of paperwork that has to be filled out immediately after the injury, and follow up paperwork down the road, etc. I don't know if it is like that at your daughter's school, but it can be very stressful. Hang in there!

It is really great that you can acknowledge that this would normally trigger an emotional eating response, and have such an awareness of it that you are conscientious of riding it out and staying strong. Good job. I think you should be very proud of your willpower today under such difficult circumstances. I'd say it is a great achievement! My best to you and your daughter! May she recover quickly and fully!