Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

When Will This Pain Go Away?

Awwwww, that is so sweet!!!!!!!!!!!! They are perfect and beautiful, and they won't die! LOL and even if they were a plant, I'd kill them, based on my experience with Jade plants. Cyber-flowers! Perfect!

((((hugs))))

Leener, I read this thread everytime it is updated. I am so glad you are feeling a little bit better, and cant wait for you to feel a LOT better! It seems like you might have finally turned that corner and started on the upswing with the healing. You are so lucky to have your own angel in TheBestMe. I suppose I didnt post on this thread before simply because I didnt know what to tell you to do to make it better.... Now I am just glad it is a little better. Hang in there.

Thank you Lianna. I know many people did not know what to tell me, but I thank you for your support. :-)

Thebestme has been through this, so thank god I was able to get advice! The tips and support here are invaluable, more than what you get from doctors! I'll be able to do the same for someone else who might go through the same problem. I just hope I'm truly coming out of the woods.

hi

I know that your experience will be different from mine but a lot of the issues you bring up I have dealt with in the past year...and more or less successfully otherwise this band would have been gone already...

2 Things are jumping out at me at the moment...

You are having to take antacids all the time...now seeing as you are only on fluids my advice might be a problem but I am going to give it anyway....(it took me 9 months to realize this by myself) Water CAUSES HEARTBURN in me..(I was a 3 liter a day girl all my life even when at my fattest,love water).even sipping it very slowly......now,room temprature Water, 25ml in half an hour sipped as if it is drops your'e licking (lol) goes down ok.....cold water makes it a lot worse...drinking water in the morning makes it a lot worse.

Do yourself a favour and test this....reduce the antacids (and the water of course) and see if it really makes a big difference.....to me the tumms or whatever gives instant relief for about 5 minutes and then the old burning feeling comes back...now,after a year I dont think this is what regular heartburn feels like (never had hearburn before op wouldnt know what it feels like)I just call it the hot esophagus...

2.The symptoms you describe sounds like it is your esophagus reacting to the stimulation of the band....I had,and still have,the pain in the esophagus,the spasms,the discomfort when I breath in,the funny fluffy not able to swallow it (dont know what "IT" is) away feeling in my throat at times....A dr recently said to me that my LES (lower esophageal sphincter) is somehow affected by the band....I get a type of vagal stimulation and then of course everything that goes with that...

I live a very careful life as far as eating and drinking are concerned....2 cups of Decaf coffee per day..(yes,they say one shouldnt even drink that)

500ml water sipped in late afternoon or when I am bold I eat Ice chips for 2 hours before bed (a lot of them) and then go to sleep...my problems all disapear magically at night....no discomfort,no reflux no heartburn....not before sleep, but when I actually fall asleep......

Eating very little at a time also helps.....I mean very little....

Cathy gave me that advice right at the beginning and I thought they were mad....one cannot eat 2 spoons of food only,but it really works...mentally it is very hard for me but it works......

OK,I should pm you with this rather than write this long post....the thing is I know how awfull it is when you expect thing to go right and well,it doesnt....keep expecting that it will all clear up and I am sure it will.....

I am rooting for you not giving up on the band to easily....hey,we have some weight to lose first.....

good luck,I'll be tracking your progress.

I've been reading your threads and keeping up with how you are doing, and I'm sorry you aren't feeling better. I think this must be quite a shock to the nervous system too. It sounds like you are getting some great advice from Kathy and a couple others who are already banded. My banding looks like it will probably happen in May, because my surgeon's appt. isn't till March 26th. The other day the nurse at my general practitioner's office told me that on Fri. she had the band in (cute young thing about 20, but very heavy) and she was back at work and feeling great by Monday. I was soooooooooo envious. I wonder why some people have it so easy and others suffer so much healing. This girl had gone to Portland, Oregon to get her surgery done and although she was just a little slow on her feet seemed to be feeling fine and joked about wanting her "Liquid Lunch". I hope I breeze through it, but I bet by the time I have mine you will be giving me support talks as I know I'll be turning to the board.

I hope you heal fast and feel better fast Leener. I'll be thinking of you. I wish I was more help but I'm not banded yet. I have, however, been being treated for esophageal problems and a big ulcer the past 3 mo. and couldn't have surgery before they were gone. I don't want you stressing out and developing an ulcer over this. Just take things slow and easy. Your body is in a new learning stage. God Bless.

Thanks to both Dody and Desertmom.

Desert, a question for you. If Water is an issue (and it seems to be wth me too) how do you get all your liquids in? Do you drink something else?

Yesterday,I only got in about 45 ounces of Water and feel terrible today. Urin is yellow, etc.

Crystal Light, Propel, Gatorade, chicken broth, and Protien drinks (with milk) for me. I'd like to know what DesertMom drinks, too! I had the same trouble with Water in the beginning. The other stuff went down so much easier for some reason. Even now, I add 1/2 packet of Water Sensations to my water, but just for the flavor, not because it's hard to get down.

Good morning Kathy!:clap2:

hmmm...okie dokie. I'll try drinking that stuff today and see if it makes a difference.

If you asked me today if I'd do this all over again, I'd say no. But hopefully these issues will resolve and I can say "yes, I would".

hi

Well,lately mostly I dont get enough fluids.The payoff is no heartburn.The price is slower weightloss,constant thirst....I would kill for some Water sometimes....

I have 2 cups of Decaf per day.In the evening when the day is almost over I drink about 500 ml's just to not die from thirst....then if the hot feeling comes I dont much care as I will be going to bed and then all my symptoms disappear (I sleep well with sleeping tabs..)Then,on the days that I have heartburn anyway I drink Water, chew icechips,it at least cools it down while I'm eating it...On these days I drink a lot to compensate for the days I cant...lately I have been having heartburn only about 2 days a week.If it works and I dont have the hot feeling I just dont drink much at all...on these days I usually dont eat much at all as I think the band is tight if you dont drink....

Crystal light,flat diet sprite,milk,soup...all of that makes the hot feeling worse.....so if you think about it, it is when I drink stuff...

Anyhow,it really has made a huge difference in my life since I stopped the water though..it is so hard but well worth not having that feeling.My weightloss is so slow because I dont drink enough water,dont get fills anymore and well,diet and exercise which I do really well now doesnt give the fast results a fill does,even if you fast.....

But I tolerate all this day by day until I cannot anymore and then I will have the band out....

As I've said before.For most people there is that something that relieves the symptoms.You just have to find what it is and you will be ok.But it takes some experimenting to get there.

Hope your feeling ok.

Wow desertmom, that sounds like a struggle, even though you have found a way around it. Hats of to you for doing what you have been doing.

I had this surgery not to lose weight, but to keep it off I can always lose weight, but it's the keeping it off that never works, because hunger wins out. Always. I also had it to feel like a "normal person".

SO I hate to think when I lose the weight the band comes out for me. It may have to. But it kind of defeats the purpose of it, for me. And also defeats being, and eating like "normal people do".

:-(

Hi

I must say that I only realized that this wasnt going to be the answer to my problems about 2 months after being banded...I am also good at dieting.It is keeping it off that actually seems impossible to me...sometimes I wonder what the hell I was thinking?My cousin had stomach stapling years ago that caused restriction and it was a total failure...I always said I would never do this op.Got scared of "complications" of the other ops...how wrong can one be?

Anyway,what's done is done,isnt it?Now I just want to lose the weight,have the band out and maybe get my metabolism stabilized and my exercise levels up to a point where I might not gain the weight back...also suffering like this might make me think twice in future when I want to eat like a .......

Good luck to you..

Just want to update you on how I'm doing.

THANK GOD (and you people in this thread) that I am feeling much better.

Yesterday I was able to actually EAT MUSHIES! I had a little more than 1/2 c of pureed tofu with spices.

I also took a 33 ounce sports bottle and in indelable black marker marked off 1/4 c increments. I would sip to the line and stop, so my stomach could empty out. I did this all day.

I am also drinking aloe 3 times a day and the protonix and tums.

Now here is the weird part. I drank a protien drink all day. Then, at the latter part of the evening, sipped on Water to test what worked and got those aches again.

How weird is that? Why would Water, the most simple and basic thing give me a problem but protien drink no??

ANyway, bless each and every one of you for coming in here for your support. Desertmom, thank you. And a HUGE hug goes to mybestme, she's been my lifeline. I would not have gotten to this point without her help.

:confused:

The above icon is supposed to be a huge, although it looks more like a zombie.

Well, I spoke too soon.

I started having mushies yesterday and by evening I had horrible acid reflux and that pain again.

UGH!

So, I was on full liquids today agian. I still can't tolerate just Water. I tried (just now) about 1/4 of yogurt to see how that works because I'm starting to get hungry lately.

I'm worried this acid will never go away and I won't be able to tolerate food or Water.< img src="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/emoticons/default_smile.png" alt=":)" srcset="https://s.bariatricpal.com/uploads/emoticons/smile@2x.png 2x" width="20" height="20" />

I was excited to read the post where you were taking mushies and tolerating them.......and then you started having problems again. Have you tried making sure the Water is not ice cold? How about bottled Water at room temp? It seems like water seems to give you the worse problem, and you are right, that is weird alright.

I hope by the time I have my surgery you will be feeling great and be able to give me some advise from what you have learned. So sorry you had a "down day" again. I hope tomorrow and the days after get easier for you. Think Cowbells!!:)