Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Am I Too Tight?

I posted this on another forum but not alot of replies, and I really could use some help.. On monday morning I had a fill 1cc, so now I am sitting at 7 in a 11cc band. Mon was fine, stayed on Clear Liquids, day two, drank lots of Water, and had two Protein Shakes, and then some mashed potatoes and Soup, then for dinner I had some small pieces of chicken, aprox about 1/3 of a cup actually less than this. In the morning I woke up felt fine, had my Protein Shake it went down find, felt full but finished it. Then went to work and could not eat or drink anything more, felt full, thought I should drink something more but then it felt uncomfortably full, I had to go vomit it up. I had the hiccups off and on all day. Now sitting at home, and I have a bit of heart burn,mild but not bad..No other feelings, no pbing, no sore tummy..nothing, just trying to get fluids in, which go down but I still feel full..any suggestions or stories???? Help..lol... :wacko: :wacko:

Sounds like the classic too tight syndrome? I'd give it another day to see if it's just inflammation from the fill but don't let it go too far. Make sure you can still get fluids down. If you get to a point that you can't swallow Water anymore you need to get an urgent unfill.

Couldn't hurt to call your doctor too? Most of these docs have done 500-1000 of these and have much more expertise than one of us bandsters. I've never experienced what you are going through but I'll bet someone in his office might know?

tmf

could be too tight or have you tried eating less? you said you were full yet you finished the shake anyway. Thats how we were brought up that darn clean plate club. 5 would take a day or two of eating less and chewing more . If that doesn't work you could be in need of an unfill.

Wendy

I am hoping it is juts irritation, because you are right, I finished the shake even though I felt full. I felt like I needed something, and pushed it a bit, then felt full all day, and hiccups off and on all day too.. tummy got sore too..I will see how I feel tomorrow..the bad part is, my doc is 6hrs away..

I have been trying to get clear fluids in and it goes down fine but then after a few sips I get the full feeling again, and I repeat it as much as possible, trying to keep myself hydrated...thank you!! I appreciate this so much...

I still plan on making an apt, for tomorrow, however, today, fluids are staying down, and I feel 100% better, now I am thinking I may have irritated it or had a bit of stomach flu..I couldnt keep anything down yesterday and just felt terrible...I will see how the day goes, but so far, I have had plenty of liquids and teas and no problem..phew!!! What a huge releif..but stll waiting until tomorrow..Thank you, really thank you!!!!!

Glad your better. I would have thought it was too tight too. Good Luck :)

no as of today again, I feel tight, it seems to have gone is spurts, but last night and then this am, I have had a hot coffee, but cant drink anything else...I want an unfill but my doc is 6hrs away and away for a couple of days..I want and need to drink Water and get some solid foods in me!!! Getting a bit nervous!!! It was going so much better, but now...not so!!!

I just went thru same thing except mine got progressively worse. My dr is 3 hrs away do I held out a week even though I had started vomiting in my sleep at night. They took out .25 cc and I feel so much better. Took a couple days for the swelling to go down but now I'm eating again. Only coffee in the mornings though. Can't seem to stomach anything in the mornings.

Its nice to know I am not the only one...I have been trying to push the liquid but this will be day two of hardly any liquids..I think I may go to the hospital and see if they can help, or check to see if I am dehyradted..and if so get some fluids in me..that will at least tie me over until I can see her..Dang it!! I should have listened to my body the first time, and just went and got an unfill, but then I felt so much better...grrrrr...

I went to the er last time I was too tight and they told me there was nothing they could do for me because they didn't have the means for my care. At the time I didn't have the money for the 3 hr drive. I was devastated. Very sick cuz I couldn't even take my meds and nowhere to go. But luckily a neighbour took me. I know better now and keep an emergency stash at all times. Good luck and keep us posted.

I posted this on another forum but not alot of replies, and I really could use some help.. On monday morning I had a fill 1cc, so now I am sitting at 7 in a 11cc band. Mon was fine, stayed on Clear Liquids, day two, drank lots of Water, and had two Protein Shakes, and then some mashed potatoes and Soup, then for dinner I had some small pieces of chicken, aprox about 1/3 of a cup actually less than this. In the morning I woke up felt fine, had my Protein Shake it went down find, felt full but finished it. Then went to work and could not eat or drink anything more, felt full, thought I should drink something more but then it felt uncomfortably full, I had to go vomit it up. I had the hiccups off and on all day. Now sitting at home, and I have a bit of heart burn,mild but not bad..No other feelings, no pbing, no sore tummy..nothing, just trying to get fluids in, which go down but I still feel full..any suggestions or stories???? Help..lol... :wacko: :wacko:

Yours is the prime reason my surgeon wants clear liquids for 2 days and then full liquids for 2 days. Your body will be swollen from the foods so soon after a fill. How are you now? After reading further, it sounds like your are doing better. Did you get any taken out on Friday? I stay away from ERs unless my surgeon has told me to go to one. Some, like one nearest his office, are not equipped to do anything. The one he hospital he goes to, which is 6 miles form his office, has every needed problems. Best wishes to all people having these problems. Karen

i got the fill on the 13th..did the liquids just about the whole time..did try a little roasted chicken but that was a no go..then on last wed I finally accepted defeated and went to have the unfill done..I was still swollen for a couple day but not I am eating fine..used to feel like a vice grip was around my stomach but that feeling is gone away along with the heartburn and vomiting. I am trying not to over eat lol but going a week with no food its hard, I will get back in my regular routine soon.

I went to the ER today had two IV bags, just for precaution..they told me to call my family doc in the a.m so she can give me a refferal to another doc who is 4hrs away, a radiologist who does unfills..So tomorrow..I shall do this..but in the mean time I have not eaten or drank anything, but have over 64 oz of fluids thanks to IV..I pray it is nothing more than just being to tight..wed sick, thurs and friday no problem keeping fluids, and shakes down, and a bit of Soup, yesterday it just seems as it just got tighter and today, tighter..no heartburn, no coughing..just if I drink, I want to burp it up..ugh..I know now to have a better back up doctor plan..it is hard, small town not alot of doctors know about lapband..and then doctors are all 4-6hours away!! \So sorry you went throught what you did too...crappy..I know the feeling!!!! I hope and pray I feel better...thank you!!!!

hearing your similar story...just makes me feel so not alone!! so thank you..

we all are in the same boat..coming on here helps us get thru the rough waters.