Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

My 5Th Bandiversary

Today is the 5th anniversary of my Lap-Band surgery. Despite all the medical misfortune that's happened to me since, I don't regret my band surgery at all. If I had it all to do over, knowing what I know now, I would do it again. Not only did my band make it possible for me to lose 90 lbs, it helped prove to me that I can succeed at weight and health management. Here's a before & after comparison.10288_4679438393390_1445885180_n.jpg

Happy Anniversary! You look marvelous! Your success is such an inspiration to us all, Thank you!

We have all lucked out on your success. The knowledge you have gained has benefited all of us, Thank you!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!

I declare today Jean McMillan Day!

i 100% agree with maddys-------def a wonderful post.......a wonderful story........a wonderful way for me to start my day to read this success story.

btw, kinda dig those big balls behind ya :)

just chiming in with a comment there...............

It is an awesome journey even with bumps in the road. I, too, have been banded for over 5 years and have lost my weight and have maintained but it is so much more than that too me. I have control over an area of my life, my health that I never had before. You look great and I am happy for you.

Congrats!! I love hearing of those who have had the band for a while and still loving and still doing great!!

I'm coming up on 3 years with my band and still happy!

I like that... Jean McMillan Day!!

Happy 5th Anniversary Jean!!! You look marvelous!

The best part is you worked hard in keeping it off after all these years, that deserves an applaud right there :)

Congrats!

Jean, did u recently have your band removed? Did u have another put in instead of the sleeve?

Happy Anniversary! You look marvelous! Your success is such an inspiration to us all, Thank you!

We have all lucked out on your success. The knowledge you have gained has benefited all of us, Thank you!

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you!!!!

I declare today Jean McMillan Day!

And to Celebrate this special day, you should all please send a donation to:

Jean McMillan Day, Inc.

P.O. Box 12345

Boondocks, TN

Just kidding!

Jean, did u recently have your band removed? Did u have another put in instead of the sleeve?

No, my surgeon wouldn't replace my band or even re-fill it after emptying it to treat esophageal dilation in February. So I had my Lap-Band removed in April and revised to the sleeve in August. But as my signature line says, I'll always be a bandster at heart. I'm having a hard time adjusting to my sleeve and I'm missing my band a lot right now.

Congrats!! I love hearing of those who have had the band for a while and still loving and still doing great!!

I'm coming up on 3 years with my band and still happy!

I love your avatar photo!

i 100% agree with maddys-------def a wonderful post.......a wonderful story........a wonderful way for me to start my day to read this success story.

btw, kinda dig those big balls behind ya :)

just chiming in with a comment there...............

Keep your hands in your pockets, girl. Those big balls are already spoken for.

And to Celebrate this special day, you should all please send a donation to:

Jean McMillan Day, Inc.

P.O. Box 12345

Boondocks, TN

Just kidding!

if i do, that should off the million plus that i owe you and been saving pennies for........shrink work you know

Keep your hands in your pockets, girl. Those big balls are already spoken for.

so mean (will now go to my corner and POUT)