Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre Op Exams And Xray

Surreal feeling right now. Scheduled for surgery in 10days and after 5 months of wishing it would just "hurry up" and get here, i wish I can slow down time.. Nurse told me today doctor scheduled me overnight which was a shock since all along I would hear it was "same day" surgery and discharge. I have a 13 yr old son and a 16month daughter at home that I'm starting to wonder if I will be able to heal ok without taking too much time from them. I have not found Protein Shakes i like and have done zero preparations since I found out I was approved a week ago. "case of cold feet" right now :(

Same issue here. I am a single mom of a 6 year old scheduled for 10/08. I do have help but everyone will be coming in to help around their work schedules. If I have to stay overnight for surgery it will cause a big issue. Who is going to take care of him in the next morning and who will pick me up from the hospital? I am sure it will all work out but it just leads me to feeling like I'm being so selfish for doing this. I would reschedule but responsibilities with work would force me to reschedule to Feb 2013 at the earliest which I def do not want to do. I'm trying out shakes myself. Muscle milk light tastes poisonous to me. Gross. But GNC lean shake is pretty good in chocolate. I brought gnc amp wheybolic 60 which I hear is pretty good but I haven't opened yet.

Aww I hear ya!! I battle with the selfish guilt trip as well!!! I can't wait until I am 2wks post op and I can look back and smile... As of right now it's such an anxiety for me. I have my fiancé at home but he is a truck driver and was declined time off due to the busy season we are having... So I am looking at doing this by myself for the most part... I have not told my son yet as he worries allot and I'm afraid it will disrupt his learning at school... So not only do I have to be strong for me, but also be strong for them!! Sooo much to do.. Soo little time...

I don't think you guys are selfish at all. Getting healthier will only benefit your family. I stayed overnite in the hospital and was glad for it because the nausea I felt. I think if you could get someone to help you out for about 3 days you'll be good to go. You should just need a little help due to soreness, otherwise I was up and walking around, doing dishes, etc by the second day.

If I were you, I'd tell the 13 year old soon so he's prepared that he might have to help out with the baby for a few days for you ,since I don't think you should lift her for a few days. When I was 13 I was taking care of my younger siblings so I think he could handle it, especially since you'll be there to help him.

Good luck to both of you!

Thanks wallflower!! I will take ur advice and speak to him this weekend... I also don't want him to feel blind sighted by not being honest and upfront with him.. Won't set the right example!

Looking foward to 9/27!!! ❤❤❤❤ good luck to us all!!!!