Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lots Of Nerves...

I am getting banded on 9-26 and seem to be getting pretty nervous. A lot of people are talking about their horrible experiences with the band. I guess I just need some reassurance that this tool does work... I am paying quite a bit of money and would like to know that it's going towards a tool that could better my life. Oh man! I hate nerves! Lol

You will be fine...don't listen to the negativity just stay positive and follow ur doctors orders and you should have no problem!!! Good luck!!!

I rarely see those posts? I do see where people say "Help" and "Depressed" which is quite normal. But the folks who come on here and say bad things are minimal. You have to realize that over 20,000 bands are placed every year so over the last 10 years there are thousands of these things out there. And yes, sometimes the band doesn't work but mostly it's the patient not working with the band.

tmf

I think it's more like- bands slipping, living with the tightness, the vomiting that some have... The recovery. I have never had surgery. I guess fear of the unknown is getting the best of me.

I think it's more like- bands slipping, living with the tightness, the vomiting that some have... The recovery. I have never had surgery. I guess fear of the unknown is getting the best of me.

I am getting banded on 9-26 and seem to be getting pretty nervous. A lot of people are talking about their horrible experiences with the band. I guess I just need some reassurance that this tool does work... I am paying quite a bit of money and would like to know that it's going towards a tool that could better my life. Oh man! I hate nerves! Lol

why are you reading on horrible experiences? why not read about successful banders instead. all surgeries (including going to the dentist or whatever) can have risks. do you not trust your surgeon? or his staff? i see no reason why you need reassurance.

why worry about things that (could or could not happen). it doesnt solve anything and honesty only causes more stress. the what if's in life is meaningless and pointless.

instead of going what if it slips or it erupts or it whatever's........how about going and thinking and saying to yourself, what if it works??

doesnt that sound better??

i sure think so.

relax and let yourself get healthy :)

Trust me, I do read the success stories. Have been for months and I'm so excited to start the journey... But I don't think it hurts to read the other side as well. It's called being knowledgable and I think that's a main reason so many are successful- because they have all the facts. Of course I'm confident in my doctor and his staff or I would never agree to him doing the surgery. And reassurance isn't a bad thing- I think many need someone to just tell them it's all going to be ok or that they support them. At least I do... I hardly think I'm a minority on this.

Trust me, I do read the success stories. Have been for months and I'm so excited to start the journey... But I don't think it hurts to read the other side as well. It's called being knowledgable and I think that's a main reason so many are successful- because they have all the facts. Of course I'm confident in my doctor and his staff or I would never agree to him doing the surgery. And reassurance isn't a bad thing- I think many need someone to just tell them it's all going to be ok or that they support them. At least I do... I hardly think I'm a minority on this.

than allow me:

you are going to be 100% fine

you are going to go in there and get banded and come out with a new attitude

you are going to be great and lose weight and inches.

you got this.

all the best :)

Thank you much. That's appreciated.

than allow me:

you are going to be 100% fine

you are going to go in there and get banded and come out with a new attitude

you are going to be great and lose weight and inches.

you got this.

all the best :)

Ditto! :)