Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2006 Band Crew

UPDATED 5/23/06

May 1st

sleepyjean

Hippo's Hope

LindaV

justduckie

txpeach

May 2nd

Velvetkiss

DrewsLou

May 3rd

kelli

louie

Judy Ann

May 4th

mychevygirl

TIDGE

lululacy

Angie71

Trip2bme

May 5th

Londoner

May 8th

Poster Child

laurapar

May 9th

Seminole

Marianne TN

Stitchy

dawner119

slwc

lorri

May 10th

missnikki

JJinLA

trinsong

May 11th

babyjane

Karma2

michelletur (approved waiting for confirmation of surgery date)

bitteroldhag

papajoe & wife

May 12th

heresdeb

TwinkleLiL Star

AMF101

wiggygiggy

4MyFuture

missyfan

Letty

May 15th

Scout

RmichaelsAZ

MarcyD

maebeth

May 16th

JillN

Gettinghealthy

jewels411

May 17th

anewlife

cathmo

msj0028

MJK Media

Angelator

May 18th

marz88

jboy

medussa

ARVEL

May 19th

Mvpo8961

May 22nd

taxgirl

Wannalosealot

Awasaf

meedy8r

tincat

May 23rd

jcbydesign

Mystijen

lotsofkids

May 24th

dascjp1 & sister

May 25th

junglejim

FREE-TO-BE

Murphles

Tracyd

cookinjillie

May 26th

Kim2bhealthy

CLOE

3loves

GreatDame

sisterfunkhaus

lady29bug

May27th

CATCHUP

Kelly Girl

May30th

outdoorgrl

May 31st

escudero012004

kato

MarionJean

I'm still adding so if you know anyone that wants on the calendar tell them to post a reply and I'll add them.

M

Add us to the list.

Papajoe & mama-anna

Banded May 11th

Dr Rumbaut

Monterrey, Mex.

Angel, I also went throught the same thing. I now have glycerine suppositories and it helps soooooooo much. Like they say, try it you'll like it!

Just letting folks know we are thinking about them. The last of the May 2006 surgeries is almost here.

Let's here it for the Merry Maysters 2006.

Myra

I just counted all of us from the list. There are about 81 of us May Bandsters now, I wonder if we will reach 100 by the end of the month?

Since I was one of the first (May1), I'll post a quick update! I FEEL GREAT! I am about 31 pounds down (15 since surgery). I have some restriction which is good, but I am pretty sure my doc will give me a fill next month. I am exercising (1hour of deep Water aerobics M-F). I am making healthy food choices but not completely depriving myself of some sweet stuff.

I feel totally in control of my eating for the first time in my life. :)

The band has done, so far, exactly what I hoped it would do. It has stopped me from eating massive quantities of food at a time.

I know this is the beginning of what is going to be a long process, but I am so very happy with my decision to be banded and ready to take on life!

Linda ~ Thanks for the update. You have been and are a great inspiration. Lost 15 lbs!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! :clap2: I can't believe we have grown so much as a group. It's wonderful to see so many people get banded in May.

Myra ~ You are like our rock......always rocking us on :rockon: and keeping us organized. I'm so thankful your part of your May group.:bounce:

Here's a toast:tea: to.....

Kim2bhealthy

CLOE

GreatDame

sisterfunkhaus

lady29bug

CATCHUP

Kelly Girl

.....may we all have quick uneventful surgeries!!! God bless you all!!

:update:

Hello,

Just got back from my two week follow up and I have lost 18lbs already!!!! Now I need to know how to get the ticker moving ......:update:

Way to go Linda, your doing great, thank-you for sharing with all of us, it helps sooo much!!

OKAY "MAY 26ers", WERE NEXT!!!

ALL THE BEST WISHES TO YOU ALL

KIM2BHEALTHY

3LOVES

GREATDAME

SISTERFUNKHAUS

LADY29BUG

ME

GROUP:)HUG

:clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2: :clap2:

Hi Letty,

I'm doing better than I was, but I'm still coughing. I still have a lot of congestion. The coughing is making my portal site more sore. I guess that wound is more sore for most people though. I'll be glad to be over this cough so I can start feeling well, because it's wearing me out.

What are you eating now? I actually had some scrambled eggs this morning! The first solid food I've had. Of course they were made with a lot of Water, but still! I was so happy to EAT something. LOL

How are you doing?

Cathy

OHH He is wonderful, how are you doing besides loosing all that weight? how is your recovery been?

There were three of us on the 12, and we heard that many more on the following week. I can see that you are one of then ha?

Letty

I'm just curious where all the May bandsters live. I know dasharoo and Hippo's Hope and I are from Idaho. HH and I had dinner with a group of fello bandsters on Monday. If you are close to someone else, get together! It is a really great way to keep on track, get advice and get/give encouragement.

Any other May Bandster from Idaho - particularly the Treasure Valley area?

Oh, it's also a great chance to compare scars. Hippo's Hopes are soooooo much nicer than mine and we were banded the same day!

Hi,

I'm in my second week and my Dr. has given me the go ahead to thicken up my foods. I just have to figure out what the healthiest soft, easily digestible foods are. I have not had a fill of course, that won't happen for at least another 4 weeks, but in the meantime, I need to heal. I want to do this right.

How's everyone else doing?

Hi LindaV,

I live in N. East Texas. I am getting banded this Saturday, in Mexico.

I am very nervous! I guess this is normal!

I am so glad that I found this forum. I love the support that you all give to one another!:clap2:

I'm from Nashville, TN...born and mostly raised :)

I had a big non-scale victory (NSV) today. Well, it's big to me. I climbed the stairs at work today rather than using the elevator. First time in FOREVER! I wan't dying when I got to the top either. HOORAY!

Share your NSVs!

Hey everyone! Thanks for all the well-wishes for tomorrow's surgery!

I want to say good luck and thoughts and prayers going out to all May Bandsters!:clap2:

Congrats to those of you already experiencing scale Victories and Non-Scale Victories! Can't wait to join you guys in band-land!:clap2:

Good Luck tomorrow...

3LOVES

CLOE

GreatDame

sisterfunkhaus

lady29bug

CATCHUP

Kelly Girl

ME

:)