Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

May 2006 Band Crew

Congratulations to you early Mayers!:biggrin1: :biggrin1: :eekB: :)

May 1 - Hope, LindaV, SleepyJean

May 2 - VelvetKiss, DrewsLou

May 3 - Kelli

May 4 - De Ann, LuLuLacy and Angie

If I missed anyone or spelled names wrong, I'm sorry. It's late.

Later Everyone

Hi group, I've been lurking for a couple of months and reading up on lapband. This morning I have my surgery. I've done my 2 week liquid preop diet and should be good to go. My main concern is post surgery. I am a single mom of three and have two businesses to run! I'm hoping I'll bounce back very quickly. We shall see. I'm a self pay at about 210, and can't wait to get rid of this excess weight. I just wanted to introduce myself and join the group before I do this thing. I would love support in the days to come. This is a great group! I'll check back in and let you all know how it went. I'll help lead the way for the May bandsters! Please say a prayer for me.

Happy May 1, 2006.

I have all of the May first people on my mind and I hope all the best to all of them. I hope to hear from you all in a day or two. Get some rest and get ready to loose some of that weight.....Have a BANDIFUL DAY!!!!

Hi all

May is here! This is so exciting I can hardly eat (ha ha I wish that were true). I just wanted to say to all the early May bandsters that I am thinking and praying for you all. I've added a couple to Stitchy's list below:

May 1 - Hope, LindaV, SleepyJean, txpeach

May 2 - VelvetKiss, DrewsLou

May 3 - Kelli

May 4 - De Ann, LuLuLacy and Angie

May 5 - Londoner, who else?

Can't wait to get the first reports back from today's surgeries.

xo

Good luck to those special people who are getting banded today, Hope, LindaV, SleepyJean, txpeach. You are in my thoughts!

I'm having surgery tomorrow and I'm not sure if it has hit me yet. It still seems pretty surreal. If I can just get through today at work I'm home free. I guess working today will take my mind of things a bit! :eekB:

I hope things go well for everyone today. Let us know how you are as soon as you are up to it.

If my financing goes through my band will be in place by May 15th!!! yeah!

My doc wants me on a very low carb diet to help shrink my liver...not necessarily to lose weight.

I am so excited about this...I wish it was over already.

Has anyone read any good books on Lap-Band procedure? I found a couple on Amazon last night and a cook book.

Robin

HUGS & Good Luck to all!

Congrats RmichaelsAZ. I have also had to go on a low carb diet to shrink my liver. This weekend has been a struggle for me but overall I have lost 11 pounds! I haven't read any books about the procedure. Most of my research has been here and online. My surgeon has a support group for his patients that I hope to join after surgery.... the support of other people who are going through the same things will be so valuable!

I Got My Approval Letter From Ins Last Friday. My Surgeon's Office Is Telling Me They Are Calling Me Tomorrow With A May Surgery Date!!!!!!!! And All The Other Stuff I Have To Do. I Have Been Eating Like A Pig Knowing This Weas Coming,i Just Didn't Think It Would Come So Soon...i'm Happy,but From Some Of The Stuff I've Been Reading On Lbt Today, ( A Dead Stomach For God's Sake) I'm Really Getting Scared. Never Had Surgery Before...am Over 50,and Have Been So Unhappily M. Obese For Years...help Me .please!!!!

Welcome txpeach!! Hope your surgery went today!!

I would like to send my warmest wishes to the following people as well & also wish you all a speedy recovery!! :gluck: You will all be going to the other side this week and will be in my prayers....YEAH!! :clap2:

sleepyjean

Hippo's Hope

LindaV

txpeach

velvetkiss

Drewslou

louis

kelli

mychevygirl Deann

angie71

lululacy

Londoner

:)

Welcome FREE-TO-BE!!! :welcome2: It's nice to meet you and have you part of our May Crew. I understand where your coming from b/c I waited a long time for my letter and when I finally got it, it was scary in a sense. Reality kind of kicked in. Now I'm in a different mode and waiting for the 26th.

I have gained 15 lbs since Jan just eating "last suppers". :faint: How terrible, but I did enjoy it to a certain degree!! :) Just be careful and remember that you will still be able to enjoy most, if not all, the foods you eat now only in smaller portions. Tonight my hubby is on his way to Wal-Mart with the kids and he's getting me some SF Blue Bunny banana Popsicles. YUMMY.....don't those sound good? :hungry: The nurse recommended them and she says they can't keep them on the floor after surgery.

Don't let the complications thread scare you too much. There are a lot of variables of why things happen. I think you should be informed and know what could happen, but I personally think the good out weighs the bad in a land slide. Ask questions :) and become as informed as possible....it's only going to help.

Take care and let us know when you get a date!! :biggrin1:

Well... here I am getting ready for the big day tomorrow. I went to the store tonight for all my clear liquid goodies and got some Isapure from GNC. The girl at GNC assures me that Isapure tastes like Gatorade... riiiiiiigggghhhhttt! :confused:

I am feeling a lot of emotions right now. Nervousness is probably the first on the list. I know everything is going to go fine but there is still that small part of me that is scared. I have been wanting and planning on this for so long that it almost seems surreal that in 12 hours I will be an official bandit! :eek:

I want to thank everyone for their kind words and support both here and in PM's. It means a lot to me that you are all pulling for me.

I will update you as soon as I am able and let you know how things are going for me.

I hope everyone has a fabulous night!!

Try to get some sleep tonight Drewlou. :notagree I will say a prayer for you!! BTW, I don't care for Gatorade, but I do like the Isopure premix Grape. It's a lot like Kool Aid, really it is. Be advised though that my DH didn't like it. I guess to each their own. :confused: Give us an update when your able!!

Hi all.....

Just heard this afternoon that UHC has approved me. I'll be calling my surgeon in the morning and am hoping for a date real soon...I am very pumped and a bit nervous...still, mostly relieved that I have been approved. I've dropped 12 pounds since going on the Slim Fast 2 x per day plus one meal regimen...hope to drop 8 more before surgery. My head is still spinning. This is really gonna happen. Hellos and best to all of you.

Pat

Hello all May Bandsters!!

I'm being done May 12th in New Jersey. All my testing is done and over. I just need to follow up for medical clearance from my regular dr. I haven't seen a nutritionist, don't even know where to begin to find one. Maybe I'll call the insurance company tomorrow about that one.

:ranger: In reading all the threads it is nice to know, your not the only one with the same worries and habits. Once I got my date, I've been eating like I'm never gonna eat again.....just obsessing.....my last supper has lasted over a week so far.....:hungry: my surgeon never mentioned anything about a pre-op diet.

I'm definately worrying about the liquid phase....and omg can I do it... I think I might need to start sampling some of these drinks now.... Any ideas on what to have to get the Protein in??

Hi gang, I just wanted to give a report of my banding experience. I really craved reading all the April bandster reports. It helped me know what to expect. So, I wanted to share with you all. I was banded May the 1st. I arrived at the Surgery Center of Richardson at 7:30 am, handed over a cashiers check for $15,00 (OUCH), filled out some paperwork and then changed into my pretty gown, booties and cap. The nurses were great and informative. I got my IV and waited calmy for my turn. I read a magazine and felt pretty relaxed about the whole thing. I had resolved in my mind to do this thing, and just looked forward to having it over. The various doctors came in to say hello. I was given my "happy juice" into my IV and don't remember much after that! The next thing I knew, I heard the nurse, say, "It's all done ...........you are back". I slept for awhile, but when I came to I was VERY THIRSTY! I mumbled, "What do I need to do to get some ice chips or Water?" She told me that I had to wake up, drink a barium swallow for xray, and then I could drink something. That motivated me, so I said, 'LETS DO IT'! I got up, walked down the hall for the xray, then went to another room where I sat up and enjoyed my sips of Water. My friend was called to come pick me up. I think it was around 11:30 by this time. All I had to do next was go pee and then I would be released! Compared to my three c-sections, this was a cake walk! I could NOT go potty no matter what. This was my only problem. My poor friend waited around while I would walk the halls and try again. We listened to the lady nextdoor burping and burping. No bodily sounds for me YET. I wish I could b/c it would relieve some of the gas that I feel building up in my shoulder and back. Anyway, I finally had a cathater put in to drain my bladder, and NOTHING. I confessed that I hadn't had much to drink the day prior to surgery. So, DRINK, DRINK, DRINK! About the time we gave up and the nurse was going to call the doctor, I felt the urge to tinkle. I felt like a kid I was so proud to report success! After that I was briefed and could go home. We picked up meds on the way home and then I rested for the afternoon. I haven't been hungry, but have had a popsicle and some broth b/c I need to have something w/ my pain medicine. I have to do this breathing thing every hour, and walk. I am uncomfortable, and feel some pain, but it is managable. Mostly I just feel like a horse kicked me in the left rib. The port site is the most sore. That's about it from here. My main concern is the next two days. I have some responsibilities that I can not get out of.........I am going to rest all day and then try to do a little work. Just wanted to report back and let you know that YOU CAN DO THIS! Let the transformation begin! :clap2:

Good Luck May Bandsters! Please pray for a speedy recovery for me. I really don't have the luxury of down time.

weight.png