Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Struggling With Meal Plans

I am 5 1/2 weeks out and I am having a terrible time finding stuff to eat. I feel so bored with food lately which has caused me to make a few bad choices and I really want to do better than I have this last week. I am a very picky eater as it is so that doesn't help. If anyone can offer up some quick & easy food options I would appreciate it. I just don't want to screw this up!

It's very difficult to make suggestions when you say you are a picky eater but don't tell us what you do/don't like. However, one of my favorites for lunch is a St Dalfours Gourmet to Go kit which has either salmon or tuna plus Pasta and vegetables. This is quite filling and has low calories, plenty of Protein. I just warm it up in the microwave and it's ready to eat. Or you can eat it cold.

Coming into the warmer weather down here in Australia, I am also getting back into salads with tuna, chicken or boiled eggs for my Protein.

Keep experimenting and checking out what other people are eating for more ideas.

In the morning I dice up some thin sliced ham and put in a small fry pan, then I poor in egg beaters and break up a slice of lite Swiss cheese on top. You can add salsa if you like. It fills me up and sometimes I take half for lunch. Cottage cheese is good, canned tuna or canned chicken, you can doctor it up by adding celery and other ingredients.

I do tuna or chicken salad A LOT

Sent from my iPhone using LapBandTalk, SW: 225CW: 201 GW: 130

Sorry I guess the do/don't lists seem pretty big but you're right lol.

I don't do onions ever. I dislike tomatoes mushrooms peppers celery melons and a few other minor things.

I do like cottage cheese but I am bored with it. I am bored with pudding and Jello as well.

I guess I have a tough time with quick to make meals. By meal time I feel like I am starving and just want to eat now rather than waiting to cook a nice meal or in the morning I am in a rush to get out the door I don't take the time to cook. My liquids during the day do not keep me full feeling so by meal time I just want to eat and not think about it.

Any tips on how to avoid this?

Sam,

I am a very picky eater too. I see a lot of people post here about eating tuna or chicken salad or salmon or eggs and it makes my stomach turn. They are just not foods I can do. I am also having a hard time finding foods to eat. I am 6 1/2 weeks post so not far ahead of you. I have grown sick of cottage cheese. I have oatmeal every morning for Breakfast, which I am thankfully not sick of. Yoplait Light yogurt is something I still like. For lunch and dinner though, I find myself struggling. I eat chili a lot to be honest, although I know I will soon grow sick of it. I am actually on he forum right now trying to get some new food ideas.

I know what you mean about being bored!! I make my lunch everyday for work- usually salad with deli meat & I make ranch dressing with l/f mayo & 1% milk. Also hard boiled eggs without yolk are a good snack. I really like special k pop crackers when I need crunch. It's hard I know!

I made a big pot of chili and got 1 cup ziploc containers. I put in freezer and take one for lunch. By the time I'm ready for lunch the chili has defrosted and ready to microwave.

tuna salad, Greek yogurt, Soup in a thermos, baked, boneless chicken thighs( can't do chicken breasts, too dry), I actually had a small piece of filet mignon the other day. I had stayed away from beef, biut gave the filet a try, great.

Scallops go down very easily, nicely grilled, they were very moist.

I try to have a very small green sald with dressing and that works well.

I used to love raw cauliflower, but not now. Have learned to love well- cooked cauliflower with a bit of margarine and salt and pepper.

Also, egg salad made with low fat mayo and some mustard.

I will also have lots of Soups, small cups.

And smoothies made with Unjury powder with a banana and tablespoon of peanut butter...... mmmmmm....